Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Official College Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Its been this way from the start.
    The crux of the strength of America was a strong middle class - you want the majority of the populace to be fairly robust as they are the majority...they set the tone for buying, which is why the country did well. Because the vast portion of the populace could consume well as they were 'doing well'. The departure from this mentality has led us to where we are. While the notion that 'the millionaire might be better than us, the masses' did exist, it wasn't manifested in the way it is now.

You didn't really read any of that so I leave you with - Go Broncos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The crux of the strength of America was a strong middle class - you want the majority of the populace to be fairly robust as they are the majority...they set the tone for buying, which is why the country did well. Because the vast portion of the populace could consume well as they were 'doing well'. The departure from this mentality has led us to where we are. While the notion that 'the millionaire might be better than us, the masses' did exist, it wasn't manifested in the way it is now.

You didn't really read any of that so I leave you with - Go Broncos.
    The strength of America was our embarrassment of natural resources and our ability to kick ass.

You are trying to hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

The strength of America was our embarrassment of natural resources and our ability to kick ass.

You are trying to hard.
    I could pull your string and you'd spout off rhetoric. You are woody from Toy Story, but more American some how.

Val, these last few posts are for you, you *******.

Go Buffs.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I could pull your string and you'd spout off rhetoric. You are woody from Toy Story, but more American some how. Val, these last few posts are for you, you *******. Go Buffs.
    I was just trolling, trying to get one of our Texans to bite, only al took the bait and he's not even from Texas

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If they have more money, they are better. Welcome to America!!!
    It's how we choose presidents.

But getting back to Texas, I call it the Longhorn Network Curse. Ever since ESPN went to Austin and asked "how would you like to be paid for your very own tv channel?", Texas has been the richest college sports program in the country and has also seen every sports program they have totally suck while bringing in all that money. It's not just football. It's mens and womens basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, swimming, tiddlywinks, you name it. They were regular contenders for conference and national titles. Now, they are also rans with glamour coaches and also-ran results.

As for arrogant, anyone who says Texas is arrogant must not have ever visited Columbus, OH.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thats too bad but interesting as well. I wonder if that will change the approach for teams like Bama/FSU going forward. While accidents can happen i know one thing the commentators were talking about before the game started was how brave it was for both teams to meet each other this early and not schedule cupcakes. Now you have the #3 team in the country who has to now go with a backup and try to keep the season afloat after losing their starting QB. I wonder if teams will be willing to risk doing that now in fear of losing a possible championship season because of an injury to a key player.
    Players could get injured against any opponent though. I don't think that's a good reason to schedule lightly.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Players could get injured against any opponent though. I don't think that's a good reason to schedule lightly.
    Yea, i pointed that out in my post but the caveat is the players are only on these college teams for so long before they move on to the pro's.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's how we choose presidents.

But getting back to Texas, I call it the Longhorn Network Curse. Ever since ESPN went to Austin and asked "how would you like to be paid for your very own tv channel?", Texas has been the richest college sports program in the country and has also seen every sports program they have totally suck while bringing in all that money. It's not just football. It's mens and womens basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, swimming, tiddlywinks, you name it. They were regular contenders for conference and national titles. Now, they are also rans with glamour coaches and also-ran results.

As for arrogant, anyone who says Texas is arrogant must not have ever visited Columbus, OH.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Great game between UT and Tech tonight. And it's so fun watching Georgia Tech.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Omgomgomgomg

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Looks like UT squeeked by.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Looks like UT squeeked by.
    GT had beaten 3 SEC East teams last year and also 5 out of their last 6 against SECE teams. They also ran it 44 times with their quarterback. It was a frustrating game.

17. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    GT had beaten 3 SEC East teams last year and also 5 out of their last 6 against SECE teams. They also ran it 44 times with their quarterback. It was a frustrating game.
    I hate GT so much. Miss St played them in the Orange Bowl a few years ago (the year we were #1 for about half the season) and we just could not stop that stupid triple option. They ran it all over us all day. It's so frustrating how such a simple offense is so damn hard to stop. Makes you wonder why every team doesn't run it.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Their offense is great.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information