Thread: How the 'No-Fly Zone' took flight

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default How the 'No-Fly Zone' took flight

You know the “No-Fly Zone.”

You know Chris Harris Jr., Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward, Darian Stewart and Bradley Roby.

You know their claim to fame: the top-ranked passing defense, two years straight.

But do you know where they got the name that followed them to a Super Bowl 50 victory and praise across the country?

Because the “No-Fly Zone” wouldn’t exist as it does today without Leah Harris.

Leah, Chris’ wife, devised the name -- and the plan that followed -- out of necessity

arris tore his ACL during the divisional round in January 2014, and the former undrafted player seemed to be at a crossroads.

“Chris had to get his surgery the week after [Super Bowl XLVIII] and he was just really worried about his career,” Leah Harris says. “He was really worried if he was going to be healthy again, he was really worried if he was going to sign a big contract.”

His play was strong and consistent, but he didn’t get the recognition he or Leah thought he deserved.

And so, Leah put her skills to use. The business marketing major at the University of Kansas had previously worked for the Huhtamaki Group, where she ran the marketing department and had a product line.
    rest - long, but interesting - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-3f106a5f6606

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

One of my favorite moments from last year was when Talib made known his displeasure for the cheap shot on Chris Harris, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    One of my favorite moments from last year was when Talib made known his displeasure for the cheap shot on Chris Harris, Jr.
    He fears nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He fears nothing.
    The man is a little bit touched in the head. You need guys like that on your team who are about borderline crazy on the field because they sort of put fear into opponents. You don't know just what a guy like that will do. He's a bit nuts! He might just grab your helmet and throw you out of bounds by your facemask and take the 15 yard penalty. But, as crude as it was, it also sent a message. That message was that the defense was dominant.

It's a sort of act of assertiveness. The offense just made a big play and the defender does something that completely throws off their concentration. They're so mad about the incident they don't play well the rest of the game, and the Broncos win. Players shouldn't do that, but Talib just skates that fine line between what you can and cannot do.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The man is a little bit touched in the head. You need guys like that on your team who are about borderline crazy on the field because they sort of put fear into opponents. You don't know just what a guy like that will do. He's a bit nuts! He might just grab your helmet and throw you out of bounds by your facemask and take the 15 yard penalty. But, as crude as it was, it also sent a message. That message was that the defense was dominant.

It's a sort of act of assertiveness. The offense just made a big play and the defender does something that completely throws off their concentration. They're so mad about the incident they don't play well the rest of the game, and the Broncos win. Players shouldn't do that, but Talib just skates that fine line between what you can and cannot do.
    good post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

When he ripped off Crabtree's douche chain the last home game, even though the game didn't matter, he became an all time Bronco for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

11. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    When he ripped off Crabtree's douche chain the last home game, even though the game didn't matter, he became an all time Bronco for me.
    you know after the eye poking incident on figured his time with the Broncos was limited. You need players on a team Team with that edge that you need on a really really good defense. His play continues at this level I don't know how you don't let him play out the contract

Talib doesn't appear to be slowing down at all, the dude is a beast wnd the ripping off Crabtree chain put him in the Broncos ring of fame alone.

14. The Following User High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trying to extend Ward gives me hope that the Broncos wanna keep this intact as long as possible.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information