Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Decker?

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Give me choice of Latimer vs. Decker, Decker all day, everyday and twice on Tuesdays
    Gem, we know what your motives are.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Gem, we know what your motives are.
    All day, everyday...

4. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    So, Mr. Decker, how did it go for you leaving Denver and Peyton Manning for the NY Jets again?
    He played really well and got a big contract that he earned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He played really well and got a big contract that he earned.
    This might rub people the wrong way, but I'd take $20 million over $3 million and a super bowl ring any day

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This might rub people the wrong way, but I'd take $20 million over $3 million and a super bowl ring any day
    Knowing that I secured the future of my family for generations to come is pretty damn important. Especially since guys like Decker don't tend to get too many chances at a large deal.

He's not going to get paid a big deal again, unless it's a string of one year signings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Knowing that I secured the future of my family for generations to come is pretty damn important. Especially since guys like Decker don't tend to get too many chances at a large deal.

He's not going to get paid a big deal again, unless it's a string of one year signings.
    He'll be fortunate to make another $5 million. He was also a 3rd round pick, so he might have had a comfortable lifestyle in Denver, but as you suggested changing the financial dynamic of his family for future generations is a big deal. Sometimes fans take the team allegiance and desire to win a little too far in their expectations.

We are the same fans who would move to another city at the drop of a hat (or swish of a pen) for doubled income, not to mention multiplied 10 fold

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

He is instant upgrade at WR. Lets sanders move around into slot more and get miss matches like Antonio Brown. But it wont happen. He will cost tok much as a bottom tier WR1/WR2

Hell no to Decker. We are set at WR.

15. The Following User High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Who would play slot? Him or Sanders? I would love that trio though. DT, Decker AND Sanders?? Yeah that would be scary.
    I actually would say Sander's. He's not a bad WR when lining up in the slot. That would give us two big scoring threats outside and Sanders inside.

So what was the point in drafting Henderson? If we bring in a Decker whose likely washed up soon. Henderson has way more potential than Decker so I wouldn't want to stunt his development, besides decker cannot play special teams. Henderson, McKenzie and latimer all do multiple things. Vs decker who just does one thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    So what was the point in drafting Henderson? If we bring in a Decker whose likely washed up soon. Henderson has way more potential than Decker so I wouldn't want to stunt his development, besides decker cannot play special teams. Henderson, McKenzie and latimer all do multiple things. Vs decker who just does one thing.
    Our rookies are unproven and lattimore sucks. Decker is proven and same age as DT. So DT is almost washed up?

19. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Our rookies are unproven and lattimore sucks. Decker is proven and same age as DT. So DT is almost washed up?
    Decker doesn't have the ability DT has, even if DT loses a step he's still a 4.4 guy. Where as decker ends up a 4.7 guy who doesn't have any athleticism. He doesn't make anybody moss, he doesn't break tackles, he can't play special teams.

Everyone is unproven until they prove themselves by actually playing. Why would the jets dump decker over 6 million? After giving away Marshall as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Everyone is unproven until they prove themselves by actually playing. Why would the jets dump decker over 6 million? After giving away Marshall as well.
    Because they are stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Because they are stupid?
    Maybe so but not that stupid to dump there number one and two WR's in one off season unless there's a reason. Marshall will be fine, Decker not so much. Guy like Decker can't afford to lose a step since he does nothing but run decent routes, once guy's can out accelerate him in and out of those breaks it's a wrap for a guy like Decker, and again he doesn't play special team's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Maybe so but not that stupid to dump there number one and two WR's in one off season unless there's a reason. Marshall will be fine, Decker not so much. Guy like Decker can't afford to lose a step since he does nothing but run decent routes, once guy's can out accelerate him in and out of those breaks it's a wrap for a guy like Decker, and again he doesn't play special team's.
    Decker will be fine as well, he has continued to put up numbers despite poor QB play. He's a good #2 or 3 for any team.

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information