Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I hate technology!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default I hate technology!

I can't get on the internet with my laptop

All of my other Wi-Fi devices (including my Surface tablet which I'm using to post this) can get online, but not my laptop

I've looked at every setting I know of...
    ...run trouble shooter...
    ...had my internet settings "forget" my Wi-Fi password so I could reenter it...
    ...but nothing has worked

I right clicked on the icon that shows all of the Wi-Fi signals available, clicked on "Open Network and Sharing Center," clicked on "Connections: [graphic shows how many Wi-Fi bars my current connection is picking up] Wi-Fi ([name of Wi-Fi connection]); which gives me my "Wi-Fi Status." The 1st 3 lines of which states:

IPv4 Connectivity: Internet
    IPv6 Connectivity: No network access
    Media State: Enabled

What is IPv6 Connectivity and what do I need to do to change the setting? Could this fix my problem?

P.S. Didn't we use to have an emoji of someone smashing their computer with a sledgehammer? That's the 1 that truly expresses my feelings right now
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I need to poop

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

There's a nap for that.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Did those videos finally make their way to pronhub?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

What is IPv6 Connectivity and what do I need to do to change the setting?
    IPv6 uses six sections for an IP address rather than four. It is not commonly used in the public realm, most often found in business situations.

I would say that's not your problem.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

I dont, I'm a wizard with technology!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    IPv6 uses six sections for an IP address rather than four. It is not commonly used in the public realm, most often found in business situations.

I would say that's not your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I dont, I'm a wizard with technology!
    So can any of you tell me why my list of available Wi-Fi connections say that I'm connected, but my browser says I'm not? I've not only had this problem at home for the past several days, but also at Culver's where I'm at right now.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Have you checked for pending updates to your computer? Maybe your browser is outdated? Maybe it's time to trade in the logos computer?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Have you checked for pending updates to your computer? Maybe your browser is outdated? Maybe it's time to trade in the logos computer?
    I've shut it down several times since this problem started, & just now checked again, there's no mention of any updates needing my approval to install.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

As far as my computer, it was originally a Windows 8 that I upgraded to Windows 10 shortly after the free upgrade became available.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    As far as my computer, it was originally a Windows 8 that I upgraded to Windows 10 shortly after the free upgrade became available.
    Is it 5ish years old?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Is it 5ish years old?
    Considering I bought it from a used computer store sometime between late 2013 and early 2014, its probably close enough to being at least that old.

Considering I bought it from a used computer store sometime between late 2013 and early 2014, its probably close enough to being at least that old.
    Unless you bought a really nice machine you can expect it to start to fail after that much time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Unless you bought a really nice machine you can expect it to start to fail after that much time.
    If I can ever afford to buy a really nice machine, its your 1st clue that I've won the lottery or started knocking over convenience stores

Seriously, my family's very first personal-home computer was a Commodore 64 that I used for about a dozen years. Programmers quit making programs for it long before it quit on me

If I can ever afford to buy a really nice machine, its your 1st clue that I've won the lottery or started knocking over convenience stores

Seriously, my family's very first personal-home computer was a Commodore 64 that I used for about a dozen years. Programmers quit making programs for it long before it quit on me
    Lottery or convenience stores: there's gotta be some middle ground there

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information