Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Sloter is #1

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Kyle Sloter is #1

OK. So slap me around for starting the thread.

But before you do, name me ONE mention of Austin Davis last year other than his signing.

Im waiting.

Since when do we hear about a 3rd string QB ever during the offseason? And this year, especially when all the talk predraft was about Trevor and Paxton?

Check out the press Sloter is getting:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-24559a448497

and

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-ada3ecd4d131

Talked about Trevor completing 6 passes straight......then way at the bottom.....Sloter had nine consecutive completions.

Im not going to annoint him the savior, but I will say as soon as I saw his tape from UNC, he stood out. Calm in the pocket, quick with the rocket, and his passes were ripping off huge chunks of yardage. Very few short completions. His tape, while scarce, made Paxton look like a highschooler.

And now......here we are in the first few days of OTAs, and hes getting mentioned almost as much as Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Im pro Siemian, pro Lynch and pro Kelly. Im hoping for all the QBs to be stellar.

But nothing would fire me up more than an undrafted kid to come in and prove he deserves the job.

So Id just like to post all things Kyle Sloter here....

His number is #1.

Cheezy.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Who the **** is Kyle Slaughter? UNC? I.e. Northern Colo? Guy wasn't even drafted. Training camp arm and no more. Just because Trevor got the starting job when Mark Sanchez flammed out doesn't mean that he will keep it long term or that some other scrub will do the same thing.

I like this kid.

Watched a few games he played in. Has great touch, can read a defense and honestly his arm looks about as good as anything we have on this team if not better.

Not trying to start anything cugel, but does it always have to be about draft position or lack there of? Im not saying the kids going to amount to anything, but why not....

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Who the **** is Kyle Slaughter? UNC? I.e. Northern Colo? Guy wasn't even drafted. Training camp arm and no more. Just because Trevor got the starting job when Mark Sanchez flammed out doesn't mean that he will keep it long term or that some other scrub will do the same thing.

Yep. I agree. Doesnt mean jack.

But I said what I said and we're talking about him aint we?

Will keep up with his progress......

Btw......if hes a Bronco....then he got every bit of my support coming at him, no matter his draft spot.

See: Rod Smith. Chris Harris.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

Btw......if hes a Bronco....then he got every bit of my support coming at him, no matter his draft spot.

Hell yeah, Wardaddy!

Every year the Broncos get a few guys out of UDFA that are difference makers, and one of them tends to be a roster mainstay. Sloter was so ignored by scouts (understandably) that his ceiling and abilities are just now being fully explored. He's got grit. Maybe he'll stick in the NFL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I don't think sloter had any chance....

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    I don't think sloter had any chance....

Hard to understand what yer sayin there padre.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

What so many fans fail to fully understand is that drafting is educated guessing, and the experts might actually guess wrong more often then they guess right. I've not hard data to support this, it's just my gut feeling from so many years watching so many players perform at levels completely different in the pros then they were expected to prior to their draft class.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Sloter might have the best arm of all 4 QB 's, which is no small thing.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Lol there is absolutely zero truth to that statement, there's noway that a guy who has more arm talent than Paxton whose a first round pick and Kelly who had a second round grade would go undrafted, unnoticed...... Sloter is just a camp arm whose headed to the practice squad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Lol there is absolutely zero truth to that statement, there's noway that a guy who has more arm talent than Paxton whose a first round pick and Kelly who had a second round grade would go undrafted, unnoticed...... Sloter is just a camp arm whose headed to the practice squad.
    What an oracle you are! Sophocles says 'sup, DT88theGreat!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Paxton owns a first round pick?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Hell yes. Greality is the bomb! Go Bears!

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Sloter might have the best arm of all 4 QB 's, which is no small thing.
    Yep. I believe he may. I would be interested to see all four line up and just chuck it long.

He throws with a very stable base, and the ball is firing smoothly out of his hands. He has an arm to dream for.

Both Kelly and Lynch have howitzers too, and Trevs arm is no slingshot.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

It ASBSOLUTELY is possible for a guy with huge arm strength to go unnoticed.

Teams may over look them because of talent they played with, against, they may say they are not developed between the ears enough, etc, but strength of arm...I am sure there are plenty of rocket armed guys that never get drafted.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information