Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Sloter is #1

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It's safe to bet against any QB making it in the NFL, DT88 is getting fat on some pretty low hanging fruit.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I didn't think of that actually. They can put Kelly on IR before the end of the pre-season, and won't have to activate him until sometime in October (if they designate him to return). Then Sloter becomes their emergency 3rd string QB. When Kelly comes off IR they just put him on the 53 man roster and waive somebody else. Maybe Sloter, and then Slotter goes onto the Practice Squad.
    Except there seems to be some question about whether Sloter would be safe on the PS. On the other hand, I seem to remember reading something about teams no longer having to pre-designate which IR player will return, so maybe. I still tend to doubt Kelly ever plays a down for us, because I think he suffers from a sense of entitlement and irresponsibility that just doesn't fly when a title contender drafts Mr. Irrelevant, and injury may limit his chances to show much in practice.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

The only problem Is Kelly was Vance Joseph favorite QB in the draft. He thinks Kelly is a true competitor. If he doesn't make it then he doesn't though, same wth sloter. But it would be great for at least one of them to stick.

If sloter is as good as many think all of a sudden then he won't survive practice squad. I'm trying to figure out why I never heard this guy's name on this board at all and he's right in the Broncos back yard and now people are acting like he's a future legend already. I'll give elway credit though he was paying some attention to sloter to sign him as a UDRFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Just to put it in perspective in his first year at UNC sloter threw for 29 and 10 which is better than any season that Carson had while playing in division 1 FCS
    So why was one the number 1 pick and the other undrafted?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Yeah Carson Wentz and Joe Flacco are such douches for not playing d1 and they didn't put up 5 or 6k yards
    Joe flacco is solid, he's not a QB that can will his team to winning season's obviously. Outside of the debacle of raheem moore (on a terrible throw by the way) flacco has been a above average quarterback.

Jury still out on Wentz, however why were they drafted so high and sloter not drafted at all?.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

who????

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    So why was one the number 1 pick and the other undrafted?
    Why was Tony Romo undrafted? Why was Brady a 6th round pick? Why was Ryan Leaf the 2nd pick? Why was Jawalrus Russell first overall?

Sometimes scouts and arm chair fans **** up.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    No, BroncoJoe is talking out of his ass as usual. The History of the NFL is THIS:

#1 - In the last 30 years only Tom Brady and Kurt Warner have played in a SB after being QBs drafted in the 6th or later rounds or undrafted. That's a FACT.

#2 - QB is different from other positions. Teams are so desperate for QBs that they are always overdrafted. Despite the fact that none of the QBs in this year's draft were consensus future Franchise QBs (all had questionable areas in the view of some NFL scouts), teams still drafted up and gave up BIG draft capital to get Mitch Trubisky, Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. THere are NO examples of All-Pro QBs who went undrafted playing in the NFL today.

None whatever. Yet there are lots of guys like Chris Harris who was undrafted and now is an ALL-PRO CB. QB is different. If you have talent they will draft you. Usually in the first or second round. That's where virtually all of present NFL QBs were drafted.

Here's the list of presumptive NFL starting QBs for other teams:

I could go on and on, but even an IDIOT should be able to get the point by now. They're virtually ALL 1st rounders! A couple of notable exceptions, but mostly teams draft their franchise QBs in the first round. Undrafted? Where do you see any undrafted QBs who are franchise QBs for their teams, let alone any good ones?

Do try and wipe your chin before you post next time so the drool won't slobber the keyboard !
    Not sure why I'm even responding this, but WTF.

I said the Broncos have had plenty of undrafted players that have turned into stars. I did not mention any particular position specifically - just pointing out that just because someone is not drafted does not mean they can't become VERY good in this league.

Here's the first list that popped up with a Google search:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000663921

The Broncos have two on that list of 30. Three if you include an original signing by the Broncos of Willie Brown.

So, if you're going to ask me to wipe my chin before I post again, I'd suggest you open your eyes and review facts instead of posting nonsense.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Here's another list of undrafted Broncos' stars:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...ts-of-all-time

Chris Harris and CJ Anderson also come to mind.

Kurt Warner and Warren Moon pretty much </EndsThread> and hopefully makes a couple of posters wipe the drool or whatever else off their chins.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It's safe to bet against any QB making it in the NFL, DT88 is getting fat on some pretty low hanging fruit.
    This is what is funny to me. When he gets cut, which is likely, He'll claim to be "right" when nobody has really said the guy is a future star or even a guy that would stick. All I've really noticed is people calling him out for dismissing him because of being undrafted. So even if he gets cut the guy will still not have been correct.

16. The Following User High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This is what is funny to me. When he gets cut, which is likely, He'll claim to be "right" when nobody has really said the guy is a future star or even a guy that would stick. All I've really noticed is people calling him out for dismissing him because of being undrafted. So even if he gets cut the guy will still not have been correct.
    DT88 just wants to kill the kind of hope this time of the brings, I'm beginning to like this DT88.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Anything less than 5-6k yards passing and 40 touchdowns last year vs such inferior competition is a disappointment. So did he absolutely slaughter the opponents?

Thats just not an intelligent statement at all. You should actually know what youre talking about before you use stats to reference your point of view.

I'll wait while you go and get backup for your statement.

Sloter is a stud no matter how you slice it. Read slowly the thread and the posts that arent yours.....and be taught.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sloter is the new Kapri Bibbs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Sloter is the new Kapri Bibbs.
    Overhyped for no real reason in tandem with expectations he could never actually meet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information