Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Sloter is #1

I said arm talent. Not just a guy who can throw it 65 yards.

I guess you need to define arm talent then.

Tony Romo was undrafted, but we are going to have to have a definition of arm talent is to YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    I like this kid.

Watched a few games he played in. Has great touch, can read a defense and honestly his arm looks about as good as anything we have on this team if not better.

Not trying to start anything cugel, but does it always have to be about draft position or lack there of? Im not saying the kids going to amount to anything, but why not....
    The NFL is ALL about draft position. I don't make the rules, I merely observe them.

It's not really the fact that a player was drafted in the first round, it's the REASONS WHY he was drafted in the first round - or not drafted at all.

Paxton Lynch was a first rounder because scouts could see his arm strength, accuracy and athleticism. Unfortunately nobody can tell for sure what will happen when that player is in the NFL. Some players pan out and others (like Johnny Manziel) never figure it out. Likewise some later round picks might eventually become really good QBs (Tom Brady, 6th round, or Kurt Warner undrafted are the best examples).

But, these are extraordinary exceptions - like 2 players in a decade and a half, while over 100 undrafted players are signed onto NFL rosters - for training camp and then they are released or go on the practice squad. So, the probability that some undrafted QB is going to suddenly blossom into the next Tony Romo is remote. Very remote.

So remote in fact that NFL teams don't really think it will happen with anybody they draft or sign. Is Chad Kelly worth the "Mr. Irrelevant" pick? Sure! The guy has some off field issues and some developmental problems, but the talent is undeniable. He has consensus 1st or 2nd round talent - if there weren't all these other issues with the guy.

But, do the Broncos really expect Chad Kelly will become their Franchise QB? No. It's barely possible and it didn't cost them anything much, and it's worth the risk. So, we'll see. The same is true of undrafted QBs, only more so.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yeah - I'm sure the SB winner is really vying for a better draft pick than #32.

It's not about draft position, if anything it's about moving around the board to get the player you've targeted. That could be an upward or downward move.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The NFL is ALL about draft position. I don't make the rules, I merely observe them.

It's not really the fact that a player was drafted in the first round, it's the REASONS WHY he was drafted in the first round - or not drafted at all.

Paxton Lynch was a first rounder because scouts could see his arm strength, accuracy and athleticism. Unfortunately nobody can tell for sure what will happen when that player is in the NFL. Some players pan out and others (like Johnny Manziel) never figure it out. Likewise some later round picks might eventually become really good QBs (Tom Brady, 6th round, or Kurt Warner undrafted are the best examples).

But, these are extraordinary exceptions - like 2 players in a decade and a half, while over 100 undrafted players are signed onto NFL rosters - for training camp and then they are released or go on the practice squad. So, the probability that some undrafted QB is going to suddenly blossom into the next Tony Romo is remote. Very remote.

So remote in fact that NFL teams don't really think it will happen with anybody they draft or sign. Is Chad Kelly worth the "Mr. Irrelevant" pick? Sure! The guy has some off field issues and some developmental problems, but the talent is undeniable. He has consensus 1st or 2nd round talent - if there weren't all these other issues with the guy.

But, do the Broncos really expect Chad Kelly will become their Franchise QB? No. It's barely possible and it didn't cost them anything much, and it's worth the risk. So, we'll see. The same is true of undrafted QBs, only more so.
    To much emphasis on draft position, all the time, gets overused! It doesnt matter, either you can play or you cant. The kid passes the eye test, and his arm is impressive along with his ability to read a defense. Being he was asked to switch to wr must speak something. We shall see, im just not going to label the kid "camp fodder" because of his draft status....

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    To much emphasis on draft position, all the time, gets overused! It doesnt matter, either you can play or you cant. The kid passes the eye test, and his arm is impressive along with his ability to read a defense. Being he was asked to switch to wr must speak something. We shall see, im just not going to label the kid "camp fodder" because of his draft status....
    The Broncos have had plenty of undrafted stars. Or, at minimum players that turned into very good players drafted in the lower rounds.

Cugel is talking out of his ass.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Pretty much......but its entertaining in an annoying kinda way.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Dude, dont try to pee in my coffee.... I WILL call Beef.

Nobody is disputing the fact that most good players are drafted.

That doesnt mean we dont have a real player in Sloter, and the initial post doesnt say we have a bonafide star.

All it says, is that people are talking about him....and hes a third string QB. "Camp arm" as you say.

If you've watched the tape of him and you understand what you're looking at from a purely potential point of view....you'd know that if hes coming in here and completing 9 straight passes in OTAs, hes being noticed.
    Not arrived......noticed.

I looked at the tape, and I loved what I saw. Sure, its a highlight reel...but Ive seen lots of highlight reels and they dont usually show what you get with Sloter.

As I stated....deep outs and seam passes en masse.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

13. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Is Sloter pronouned ....Slow-ter or Slaughter?

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Lol there is absolutely zero truth to that statement, there's noway that a guy who has more arm talent than Paxton whose a first round pick and Kelly who had a second round grade would go undrafted, unnoticed...... Sloter is just a camp arm whose headed to the practice squad.
    No, no one can possible be better than your precious paxton could they...jeeeeze. When are you getting banned again Yash?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    The Broncos have had plenty of undrafted stars. Or, at minimum players that turned into very good players drafted in the lower rounds.

No, BroncoJoe is talking out of his ass as usual. The History of the NFL is THIS:

#1 - In the last 30 years only Tom Brady and Kurt Warner have played in a SB after being QBs drafted in the 6th or later rounds or undrafted. That's a FACT.

#2 - QB is different from other positions. Teams are so desperate for QBs that they are always overdrafted. Despite the fact that none of the QBs in this year's draft were consensus future Franchise QBs (all had questionable areas in the view of some NFL scouts), teams still drafted up and gave up BIG draft capital to get Mitch Trubisky, Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. THere are NO examples of All-Pro QBs who went undrafted playing in the NFL today.

None whatever. Yet there are lots of guys like Chris Harris who was undrafted and now is an ALL-PRO CB. QB is different. If you have talent they will draft you. Usually in the first or second round. That's where virtually all of present NFL QBs were drafted.

Here's the list of presumptive NFL starting QBs for other teams:

Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer USC 2003 (pick #1)
    Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan Boston College 2008 (pick #3)
    Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco Delaware 2008 (pick #18)
    Buffalo Bills EJ Manuel Florida State 2013 (pick #16)
    Carolina Panthers Cam Newton Auburn 2011 (pick #1)
    Chicago Bears Matt Barkley USC 2013 (4th round pick #98) - But he's not really their long term starter
    Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton TCU 2011 (2nd round pick #35)
    Cleveland Browns RGIII Baylor 2012 (pick #2) or Brock Osweiler, 2012 2nd round pick #56
    Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott Mississippi State 2016 (4th round pick 135) - that's the "late round" pick that has all the NFL teams excited.
    Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford Georgia 2009 (#1 overall pick)
    Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers California 2005 (pick #24)
    Houston Texans Patrick Mahomes, pick #10
    Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck Stanford 2012 (pick #1)
    Jacksonville Jaguars Blake Bortles UCF 2014 (pick #3)
    Kansas City Chiefs Alex Smith Utah 2005 (pick #1)
    Los Angeles Rams Jared Goff California 2016 (pick #1)
    Dolphins Ryan Tannehill T A&M 2012 (pick #8)
    Minnesota Vikings Sam Bradford Oklahoma 2010 (pick #1)
    New England Patriots Tom Brady Michigan 2000 (6th round pick #199)
    New Orleans Saints Drew Brees Purdue 2001 (pick #32)
    New York Giants Eli Manning Ole Miss 2004 (pick #1)
    I could go on and on, but even an IDIOT should be able to get the point by now. They're virtually ALL 1st rounders! A couple of notable exceptions, but mostly teams draft their franchise QBs in the first round. Undrafted? Where do you see any undrafted QBs who are franchise QBs for their teams, let alone any good ones?

Do try and wipe your chin before you post next time so the drool won't slobber the keyboard !

No, BroncoJoe is talking out of his ass as usual. The History of the NFL is THIS:

#1 - In the last 30 years only Tom Brady and Kurt Warner have played in a SB after being QBs drafted in the 6th or later rounds or undrafted. That's a FACT.

#2 - QB is different from other positions. Teams are so desperate for QBs that they are always overdrafted. Despite the fact that none of the QBs in this year's draft were consensus future Franchise QBs (all had questionable areas in the view of some NFL scouts), teams still drafted up and gave up BIG draft capital to get Mitch Trubisky, Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. THere are NO examples of All-Pro QBs who went undrafted playing in the NFL today.

None whatever. Yet there are lots of guys like Chris Harris who was undrafted and now is an ALL-PRO CB. QB is different. If you have talent they will draft you. Usually in the first or second round. That's where virtually all of present NFL QBs were drafted.

Here's the list of presumptive NFL starting QBs for other teams:

I could go on and on, but even an IDIOT should be able to get the point by now. They're virtually ALL 1st rounders! A couple of notable exceptions, but mostly teams draft their franchise QBs in the first round. Undrafted? Where do you see any undrafted QBs who are franchise QBs for their teams, let alone any good ones?

Do try and wipe your chin before you post next time so the drool won't slobber the keyboard !
    I've seen you be a douche before, but this is a new level for you

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Chad Kelly will spray this guy off the roster

20. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Is Sloter pronouned ....Slow-ter or Slaughter?
    Slow Turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

wait, so half the superbowls feature a late round QB? I'm blown away by your fact-ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information