Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Sloter is #1

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think Siemian might get traded next offseason. Lynch won't garner anything if he can't at least move the offense
    It's possible, but I don't think so. In Siemian, it appears that the Broncos at least have their
    backup QB. I don't see Lynch accepting anything less, and if Kelly happens to beat them
    both out next year, I see Lynch being traded. Sloter? Probably PS this year, and the future
    is impossible to predict for him at this point.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Lammey is a ******* fraud, dude, plus he works for the Fox News of sports talk radio, you need to stop quoting him.
    He's not a fraud. He's just a normal sports reporter. Sometimes he spouts nonsense. Sometimes not. I don't know of one Sports writer outside of Lombardi who works for NFL network who doesn't spout complete gibberish sometimes.

This wasn't one of those times. Both Trevor and Paxton looked like a couple of sheep afraid of getting shorn of their wool out there. Trevor looked like he was thinking "Jesus! Paxton sure is sucking it up out there! I've got this in the bag if I just don't turn the ball over." And Paxton looked like he was thinking "Jesus! I so should have stuck to beach volleyball!"

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think Siemian might get traded next offseason. Lynch won't garner anything if he can't at least move the offense
    I'd say that's about a 90% probability at this point. Neither of these guys looked as good as Trebisky and that guy's a total rookie! If we project Trevor's performance forward, based on what we've seen so far this off-season, it's not going to be a happy year to be a Broncos fan.

We might as well admit it: Paxton ain't got it and Trevor? Trevor doesn't appear to have it either. Kyle Sloter might have it. Chad Kelly might have it, and the rookie QB Elway will draft in 2018 might have it. We'll have to wait and see.

But, the two guys we've got on the active roster Game 1 of the regular season? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    It's possible, but I don't think so. In Siemian, it appears that the Broncos at least have their
    backup QB. I don't see Lynch accepting anything less, and if Kelly happens to beat them
    both out next year, I see Lynch being traded. Sloter? Probably PS this year, and the future
    As for Sloter, he's definitely for the practice squad - IF they can get him through waivers. What if he comes out in the 4th pre-season game and lights it up? They might have to put Chad Kelly on IR and keep Sloter on the 53 man roster. That is NOT the plan, and I doubt Vance Joseph wants to do that. But, you can't put Paxton on the PS, he's not eligible.

They want to go with 2 QBs on the active roster, and an emergency QB on the PS. But, that might not be possible if other teams see what Sloter can do and snatch him off waivers.

5. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Denver will lose Sloter if they try to stash him on the practice squad. IMHO they will stash Kelly on IR and Sloter will be #3

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    As for Sloter, he's definitely for the practice squad - IF they can get him through waivers. What if he comes out in the 4th pre-season game and lights it up? They might have to put Chad Kelly on IR and keep Sloter on the 53 man roster. That is NOT the plan, and I doubt Vance Joseph wants to do that. But, you can't put Paxton on the PS, he's not eligible.

They want to go with 2 QBs on the active roster, and an emergency QB on the PS. But, that might not be possible if other teams see what Sloter can do and snatch him off waivers.
    Good comment. I was thinking PS for Sloter before the game, but after his performance he indeed
    may not clear waivers. Lynch would be out of the question for PS, even if he was eligible. He most
    definitely would not make it through waivers. If Sloter continues to light it up, I believe they will
    have to make room for him on the 53.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Did anyone else notice during a break, can't remember if it was coming back from commercial or what, but Sloter was absolutely commanding the huddle. I commented to my wife at the time how much better he looked at that part of the game than the other two.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

He's not a fraud. He's just a normal sports reporter.
    Make up your mind, dude....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

How do you know that was "the plan"? I always figured they'd keep three QB's on the 53 (they did last year), especially if we're worried about Siemian being fragile. The clearest path to that was always stashing Kelly on IR and keeping Sloter around. And that was before he looked like a real QB last night.

12. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Garbage.

Sloter isn't going to the PS, and Kelly is going to IR. We'll carry 3 QB's on the 53. Sloter will be inactive during games most likely.

What is this "plan" you're referring to?

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Did anyone else notice during a break, can't remember if it was coming back from commercial or what, but Sloter was absolutely commanding the huddle. I commented to my wife at the time how much better he looked at that part of the game than the other two.
    I noticed the way he was commanding the formations at the line of scrimmage, but with a similar conclusion. He looks really comfortable for a rookie.

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

When you watched the three playing last night as a Bronco fan and youre being honest with yourself.......which QB passed the eye test?

And then they say Kyle has no shot at being the starter.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKqoUE0zFMo

My man was BALLIN.

Just third string preseason.......but it is what it is......
    IN PATON I TRUST.

18. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I did not see it, but that's the crap that matters. Semen and Lynch seem a little aloof in that aspect.

20. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I did not see it, but that's the crap that matters. Semen and Lynch seem a little aloof in that aspect.
    agreed. And I just love the story about Kyle. Getting a chance at his first school and then having his coach fired. Moving in to wide receiver. Transferring having to sit out a year. Coming in when another quarterback gets injured and throwing for seven touchdowns in his first Collegiate start. Even the stuff about having to run in gym shoes and all that kind of stuff. I'm just really impressed with the kid. I don't think there's any way barring injury that he's the starter for the Broncos this year, but given his physical attributes combined with the ball he throws. And then toss out the fact that as other people stated he really gets the quarterback position from a leadership standpoint there's no way you let that kid slip off without a few years in the system to see what he can really do. And absolutely no way after last night's game that some quarterback Hunter team like say the Bears who have Mark Sanchez's there third-stringer don't snatch him up if you try and slip in through waivers

Raise your hand if you saw him play any games in college. Hell, most people cant even name the conference he played in.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information