Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 OTAs

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

another practice & more evidence that CJ Anderson is having fun. burst good, moves well behind blockers, good timing #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 1m1 minute ago

I like watching DeAngelo Henderson run the ball. He's not MJD...but he's Branden Oliver to me. great foot frequecy #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos RB Devontae Booker looks like a new man in this power gap system. We'll know more in training camp when pads come on @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 57s57 seconds ago

Garrett Bolles looked good in drills where his lower body, core strength and power were tested. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 5s6 seconds ago

Bolles needs to adjust to the speed of the game on the edge. His feet are light, but timing outside a bit off at times #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey now

Adam Gotsis finally healthy, larger physique...still need pads on to see how he's developed mentally. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey now7 seconds ago

Too often last year Gotsis seemed only concerned w/1on1 battle. would get caught up then be late to the play. #Broncos @1043TheFan

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Lynch had a couple of batted passes near the line of scrimmage. Von Miller on a stepladder shouldn't get that w/6'7" QB #Broncos @1043TheFan
    Oh god, not again! Is it going to be like Brent all over again?

We'll sounds like Paxton's having a good OTA so far. Hopefully he carries it over. Obviously I prefer TS, if Lynch is what's best for the team, I won't be complaining...Aside from having to listen to Yash...

Then again, all these tweets are Cecil, and he's as big of a Paxton Homer as Yash is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    lol

Must have been fun to watch, but name the NFL QB.......hall of famers, anyone......who hasnt done that.

Every QB needs game reps. Every QB locks at some point in their careers, or seemingly locks.
    Prob easier to name the seats in south stands not calling for siemians head. Because he was that bad. Whether it was a bad game for him and tainted me but he was horrible that game. Those 2 passes where on same series. But feo. South stands when the are that close you can see where he is looking and hus head never made it through progressions. Stare at DT when green is open on opposite side of field alone noone for 15 yards. All LB shifted towards right side as he stared down. It was story of game.

5. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 28m

To be clear, Shaq Barrett was working out on his own when he injured his hip. Wasn't like a freak thing playing hoops or anything.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 33m

Varying timetables on Barrett's expected return. Too early to tell.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 33m

Shaq Barrett did not hurt his hip at OTAs. Was on his own.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 51m

Joseph said Shaq's injury is not a lingering issue. Happened one day out here

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 52m

Vance Joseph: "Devontae Booker is working hard. He wants to be 'the guy.'"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 57m

Joseph said they should know more about Shaq Barrett's hip injury in a week's time.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2h

Broncos QBs taking target practice. Coach holding a trash can in one corner of the end zone. Elway standing in the opposite corner watching.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Kasim Edebali should fill in for Barrett but they need more depth.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members...hp?pyid=121094

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9794/howard-jones

Howard Jones is a good speed rusher in a 3-4 that's out there, probably not much vs the run.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

We'll sounds like Paxton's having a good OTA so far. Hopefully he carries it over. Obviously I prefer TS, if Lynch is what's best for the team, I won't be complaining...Aside from having to listen to Yash...

Then again, all these tweets are Cecil, and he's as big of a Paxton Homer as Yash is.
    Biased post is biased.

#biased
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Biased post is biased.

#biased
    I never said I wasn't, simply that good ole Cecil's a tad biased. Biased on his part doesn't make it wrong, I just wish we could hear more than just his hottake on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Kasim Edebali should fill in for Barrett but they need more depth.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members...hp?pyid=121094

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9794/howard-jones

Howard Jones is a good speed rusher in a 3-4 that's out there, probably not much vs the run.
    Barrett being out is honestly a tad bit disconcerting...

11. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I never said I wasn't, simply that good ole Cecil's a tad biased. Biased on his part doesn't make it wrong, I just wish we could hear more than just his hottake on it.
    Cecil says stay frosty.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Barrett being out is honestly a tad bit disconcerting...
    There's players out there, trade a conditional pick to Philly for Marcus Smith, their bust #1 pick who is likely to get cut. Jones, Freeney, the white dude from Baltimore/Cleveland/NO.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Obviously, Trevor is not going to be the long term answer at QB even if Paxton isn't either.

I listened to Brandon Stokely, who has a huge Trevor boner, say that he projects as being "another Alex Smith or Kyle Orton" -- and that's when he's reached his full development. And then he wastes several minutes of my life that I'll never get back by attempting to justify this atrocity of a statement!

Apparently, if Trevor continues to work really hard he can become another Alex Smith and then the Broncos can win 10 games, get into the playoffs and . . . . here's the really good part. . . . maybe win a playoff game ! Whoo-hooo!

Because apparently every player and former player is obsessed with winning games, instead of winning championships. And none of them can fathom how you might have to accept a few lost games in the interest of developing your future franchise QB who you think will be able to take you to the SB.

And without that top 10 QB the Broncos have ZERO chance of winning the SB.

Why not? Because the Broncos are not going to go into Foxborough for the AFC Championship game and beat Tom Brady. That's not happening.

How then are the Broncos to win the AFC and go to the SB with a chance to win? The same way they did twice before - win 12 or 13 games during the regular season, get homefield advantage, and force the ******* Patriots to come HERE to Mile High for the Championship Game! That's how!

What do the Broncos need to win 12 or 13 games consistently, year in and year out? A top 10 QB, that's what.

The 2015 formula of winning with great defense and no offense to speak of cannot ever be repeated. The Bears are still trying to replicate the '85 Bears. 30 years later and no success. The Ravens never went back with that great 2000 defense either. There was absolutely nobody left from that 2000 team but Ray Lewis when they won again and he was a shell of his former self.

To win the SB the Broncos need a great defense (got that) and a really good offense with a top 10 QB. Well, they've added playmakers on offense - so all that's missing is the top 10 QB. So, we'll see what happens there.

Either Paxton develops into that top 10 QB -- and looks Derek Carr-ish - or else Elway goes back to the 2018 draft for a 1st round QB. But, before he does that we need to see what Paxton can do.

We've already seen Trevor and it's not remotely good enough. Can he improve on last year? Sure. Can he improve from the #24 ranked QB to around #10? Almost certainly not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	10556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uAyg3XQ.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	10557  
    Last edited by Cugel; 05-30-2017 at 03:21 PM.

16. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Lamar Jackson 2018.

#revolutionizethesport
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Want some cold water thrown on those OTA hot takes? D-Mac has you covered:

Darren McKee‏ @dmac1043 1h1 hour ago

Lynch looked sloppy and siemian wasn't all that great Sloter looked awful - welcome to football in may learning a new system.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Want some cold water thrown on those OTA hot takes? D-Mac has you covered:

Darren McKee‏ @dmac1043 1h1 hour ago

Lynch looked sloppy and siemian wasn't all that great Sloter looked awful - welcome to football in may learning a new system.
    Haha thanks! Good to hear that according to D-mac, it's ugly out there

That's really to be expected honestly. That's why I never read a whole lot into OTA. You don't win or lose a QB competition in OTAs. You might make yourself look better in OTAS, but the real work doesn't start till the pads come on.

If winning in OTAs was all that mattered Jarvis Moss would be a stud and the Jacksonville Jaguars would be the best team in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Obviously, Trevor is not going to be the long term answer at QB even if Paxton isn't either.

I listened to Brandon Stokely, who has a huge Trevor boner, say that he projects as being "another Alex Smith or Kyle Orton" -- and that's when he's reached his full development. And then he wastes several minutes of my life that I'll never get back by attempting to justify this atrocity of a statement!

Apparently, if Trevor continues to work really hard he can become another Alex Smith and then the Broncos can win 10 games, get into the playoffs and . . . . here's the really good part. . . . maybe win a playoff game ! Whoo-hooo!

Because apparently every player and former player is obsessed with winning games, instead of winning championships. And none of them can fathom how you might have to accept a few lost games in the interest of developing your future franchise QB who you think will be able to take you to the SB.

And without that top 10 QB the Broncos have ZERO chance of winning the SB.

Why not? Because the Broncos are not going to go into Foxborough for the AFC Championship game and beat Tom Brady. That's not happening.

How then are the Broncos to win the AFC and go to the SB with a chance to win? The same way they did twice before - win 12 or 13 games during the regular season, get homefield advantage, and force the ******* Patriots to come HERE to Mile High for the Championship Game! That's how!

What do the Broncos need to win 12 or 13 games consistently, year in and year out? A top 10 QB, that's what.

The 2015 formula of winning with great defense and no offense to speak of cannot ever be repeated. The Bears are still trying to replicate the '85 Bears. 30 years later and no success. The Ravens never went back with that great 2000 defense either. There was absolutely nobody left from that 2000 team but Ray Lewis when they won again and he was a shell of his former self.

To win the SB the Broncos need a great defense (got that) and a really good offense with a top 10 QB. Well, they've added playmakers on offense - so all that's missing is the top 10 QB. So, we'll see what happens there.

Either Paxton develops into that top 10 QB -- and looks Derek Carr-ish - or else Elway goes back to the 2018 draft for a 1st round QB. But, before he does that we need to see what Paxton can do.

We've already seen Trevor and it's not remotely good enough. Can he improve on last year? Sure. Can he improve from the #24 ranked QB to around #10? Almost certainly not.
    This guy cugel gets it with this post. Paxton has top 10 ability, Trevor does not and without a top 10 qb we have no shot at winning Super bowls.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information