Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 OTAs

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Good that he isn't timid.

I don't want him to make stupid Cutler plays but I want him to attack all the same.
    Being a guy who can sling it, those near misses will happen every once in awhile. Doesn't sound like it was stupid, just sounded confident since the next play he shredded double coverage with his big arm.

Also sounds like Trevor hasn't learned any new tricks as he is just checking it down trying to stay on (schedule), while lynch is attacking down field and hitting them accurately.
    Last edited by DT88TheGreat; 05-23-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default EXCLUSIVE: Broncos' T.J. Ward hopeful he receives contract extension

CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- T.J. Ward arrived in Denver as a free agent prior to the 2014 season. The strong safety had never played in a Monday or Sunday night game in Cleveland. And forget the playoffs. The Browns aspired to mediocrity.

Ward chose the Broncos, driven to win in the spotlight. He has delivered a Pro Bowl berth, 225 tackles, five sacks and three interceptions. His teammates have elected him captain multiple times, feeding off his energy, intensity and intelligence.

Ward, 30, is a leader in every way. But he also faces an uncertain future. He enters the final season of a four-year, $22.5 million contract. The Broncos and Ward's representatives had had preliminary talks on an extension. Ward's goal is clear.

"I would love to finish my career here," Ward told Denver7 in an exclusive interview. "I'd like to see something get done. They have done that in the past with guys. I think I have proven myself. But if they think I need to show more, then I will just have to keep proving it to them."
    rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...ract-extension

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    If ward wants to finish hus career here he will have to play at a high level, and hope the young Simmons doesn't step up and really shine.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Being a guy who can sling it, those near misses will happen every once in awhile. Doesn't sound like it was stupid, just sounded confident since the next play he shredded double coverage with his hig arm.

Also sounds like Trevor hasn't learned any new tricks as he is just checking it down trying to stay on (schedule), while lynch is attacking down field and hitting them accurately.
    Sounds like you're reading a lot into day one of OTAs

6. The Following 9 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default What we learned, observations from day one of Broncos OTAs

Tuesday, the Broncos hit the field for the first of 10 voluntary organized team activities. It’s the closest to real football drills that the Broncos have had this offseason. The highlights were 11-on-11 drills allowing direct team competition between the top offensive and defensive units.

The annual quarterback battle

Trevor Siemian led the first-team offense for most of practice Tuesday with Paxton Lynch rolling with the second team. Undrafted free agent Kyle Sloter ran the third team while seventh-round draft pick Chad Kelly, who is rehabbing, stuck his head into huddles to hear the plays.

Siemian was the most accurate of the three quarterbacks and put a priority on shorter, quicker passes. There were no apparent negative effects of his left shoulder injury, which required offseason surgery.

Lynch was shaky with his accuracy, missing short and long at times. He did, however, look more fluid with his footwork than a year ago. That’s an area he made a priority this offseason working with quarterback coach Charlie Taafee. He’ll run with the first team Wednesday.
    much more - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/23...tions-day-one/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Sounds like you're reading a lot into day one of OTAs
    Sounds like im reading exactly what was reported that happened.... Lynch opted to attack down the field and Trevor opted to check down. Today is just one day, however it sounds like Lynch is far more comfortable and right there with if not beyond Trevor at this stage, and you know McCoy wants too attack down the field man. Everyone knows if Paxton is getting it mentally then he will win the job easily because he has the god given ability arm wise and his athleticism is awesome. I'm looking forward to the battle continuing though. Trevor is going to have to push the ball down the field a lot more than he's comfortable with though in this offense.

Anyone think the Broncos added all over his speed to just check down 90% of the time? McCoy wanted speed for a reason, so that things could open up down the field and on day one paxton is attacking down field hitting DT and Sanders deep. Now all we need is jake butt, huerman, darby to control the seems and underneath stuff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Is Khalid Raymond related to Kalif?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I'm not saying Trevor is finished already, just saying the 3rd and 8 and throw for 2 yards stuff probably isn't going to cut it this year? We shall see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm sincerely concerned about how long the sophomoric behavior around here will continue.

Is it fair the young man, our new TE, be the butt of every joke?
    Maybe you should butt out?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If ward wants to finish hus career here he will have to play at a high level, and hope the young Simmons doesn't step up and really shine.
    Simmons is a FS, Ward is pure SS. Will Parks is backup talent at SS.

Simmons and FS Darian Stewart's contracts expire the same time, ideal, imo.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Sounds like im reading exactly what was reported that happened.... Lynch opted to attack down the field and Trevor opted to check down. Today is just one day, however it sounds like Lynch is far more comfortable and right there with if not beyond Trevor at this stage, and you know McCoy wants too attack down the field man. Everyone knows if Paxton is getting it mentally then he will win the job easily because he has the god given ability arm wise and his athleticism is awesome. I'm looking forward to the battle continuing though. Trevor is going to have to push the ball down the field a lot more than he's comfortable with though in this offense.

Anyone think the Broncos added all over his speed to just check down 90% of the time? McCoy wanted speed for a reason, so that things could open up down the field and on day one paxton is attacking down field hitting DT and Sanders deep. Now all we need is jake butt, huerman, darby to control the seems and underneath stuff.
    Cecil Lammey is on the record as pulling for Lynch, so his take is slanted in that direction. I posted it because I thought it was a good look at the detail of what happened yesterday. But there are other, more even takes on the two. Mason even said (quoted earlier in this thread) that Siemian "gets the ball out quickly", which is a positive spin on "checkdown." I think we all saw Sieman hold the ball too long last year. In any case, this was Mason's full article posted yesterday - sounds like an even competition, with both guys having pluses and minuses, which we kind of knew going in:

Trevor Siemian, who started 14 games last year, was up first. He looked comfortable running Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy's new scheme. After a botched center-quarterback exchange on the first play of the initial team period, Siemian completed his first pass of the day, finding Demaryius Thomas on a short pass across the middle, and he continued from there. Siemian's next pass, in a seven-on-seven period, saw him thread the needle on a pass to tight end Jeff Heuerman that beat two defenders.

At one point, Siemian completed six consecutive passes as he found a groove, showing steadiness while making good decisions. Siemian's passes had plenty of zip, including one during a team period to Emmanuel Sanders.

Paxton Lynch was up second. He settled down after struggling early. His first pass during the initial team period was nearly intercepted by safety Justin Simmons. Lynch completed his next pass but then struggled during the subsequent seven-on-seven period, as he followed a completion to Virgil Green with an errant pass that was intercepted by a diving Brandon Marshall.

But during a later seven-on-seven period, Lynch completed all four of his passes with the assistance of wide receiver Jordan Taylor, who went low to snag a pass just above the grass.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-24559a448497

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Simmons is a FS. Ward is sS and plays in the box alot. They are diffetent types of safties. The talk of simmons replacing ward is dumb. Simmins will replace stewart.

18. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I have read multiple reports that refer to the quick check downs by siemian and lynch going deep.

See if this trwnd continuing during camp.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Just watch the game tape of last years games.....Overall, Lynch gets the ball out quicker than Trevor.

That says he knows where hes going with the ball.

That could be because hes simply locking in on a WR presnap, or it could be because hes reading the defense.

I think he takes a big step forward this year.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 4m4 minutes ago

Joe Woods "All the players know what I'm about" #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Joe Woods @1043TheFan "I don't want to change the fingerprint of the defense, just sprinkle some sugar on it"

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Joe Woods @1043TheFan "I want our guys to be smart, tough and play fast."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joe Woods wants to see Lorenzo Doss "get better physically" and to keep making plays on the ball like he did last summer.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Joe Woods @1043TheFan "Doss proved last year that when he gets on the field he has the instincts to make plays on the ball"

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joe Woods said he told his defensive players, "Hey, guys, we've got to protect each other" after a few near-collisions Tuesday.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Joe Woods on stopping the run. "It's about scheme, personnel and coaching. We need guys to execute their jobs." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Joe Woods: Gotsis "wasn't himself" last year ... but now "that dude looks like an action figure. That dude's put together."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 38s39 seconds ago

#Broncos Joe Woods @1043TheFan "We want to bring waves of rushers on people."

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe now8 seconds ago

Joe Woods on ILBs: Brandon Marshall has been effective for a few yrs. Todd Davis stepped up last yr. But right now it's an open competition.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now11 seconds ago

Joe Woods, on Vance Joseph's ability to communicate with players: "He's very similar to Mike Tomlin in terms of those traits."

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information