Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chris Cornell dead

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If you look at the biggest front men from the Grunge scene we only have Eddie Vedder left, I guess you could say Dave Grohl as well. I mean, the biggest, Kurt Cobain died in 94, Layne Staley in 02, Weiland in 15... and now Chris. That's basically the bulk of my musical influence through my teenage years and into adulthood.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Bums me out. Have seen Audioslave and Sound Garden a few times - dude had world class pipes. Just an incredible singing voice. And he always came across as just a gentle soul, likable dude. I got really into Audioslave when they first came out as I remember getting a bootlegged version of Like a Stone months before it came out. RIP.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If you look at the biggest front men from the Grunge scene we only have Eddie Vedder left, I guess you could say Dave Grohl as well. I mean, the biggest, Kurt Cobain died in 94, Layne Staley in 02, Weiland in 15... and now Chris. That's basically the bulk of my musical influence through my teenage years and into adulthood.
    It's crazy to think Vedder and Billy Corgan are the last of the well-known old guards from the 90's grunge/alternative movement still standing. Pretty strange to think about how many we lost. Pearl Jam seems like they will never stop touring, those guys are insane.

And of all my teen rock heroes not counting grunge it's hard to believe Trent Reznor is now the most well adjusted of the bunch.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Lame. R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

That's too bad....RIP, Chris. Thanks for the music.

Soundgarden was one of my favs along with Alice in Chains.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Listening to Badmotorfinger right now. Absolutely gut wrenching. My first child was most likely conceived to this album. My wife and I wore out this cassette. I've had the pleasure of seeing Soundgarden half dozen times including when they opened for Danzig in '91 and later that year headlining in a small club called the Night Owl with my now wife. Right on the barricade dead center. To end the show, Chris smashed his guitar into his pedalboard and shit went flying. His wah pedal fell between the stage and the barricade and I went after it. Luckily my wife grabbed my belt or I'd have gone all the way over. Still have that crybaby wah to this day and use it frequently when I play. Still has the duck tape with "Cornell" written on it in black sharpie on the bottom. Got to see them on Lollapalooza the next year. Seen them 3 times since. Such an awesome band.

Such a terrible loss. RIP, Chris. Thanks for all the great tunes and awesome memories!
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 05-18-2017 at 07:41 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    One of the most charismatic frontmen I have ever seen live. Audioslave had some gems, too.
    Could never get into Audioslave but virtually everything that Soundgarden ever released. I liked his involvement with AIC and Temple of the Dog as well.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Could never get into Audioslave but virtually everything that Soundgarden ever released. I liked his involvement with AIC and Temple of the Dog as well.
    Yeah that is why I said "some" gems. Audioslave should have been MUCH better given the lineup but it felt like the band couldn't keep up with the singer musically. They were decent live, but that's about it.

Good call on Temple of the Dog.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I was never a huge fan of any of his bands simply because it's not really my favorite style of music, but I have maintained for years that Chris Cornell had the best Rock and Roll voice I have ever heard.

My kids and I will watch music videos on YouTube together and I have showed them multiple videos highlighting Cornell's voice telling them to pay attention to just how good he was. So my kids have been fans of his for a while now. They were both bummed to hear that he passed away.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Love Zero Chance off Down on the Upside. It wasn't really a typical song of there's as, though the album version is on electric, I think it was probably written on acoustic which I think is cool. It showed Cornell's song writing skills, and probably foreshadowed his solo efforts.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I liked Soundgarden and Audioslave(for the most part) but not Temple of the Dog. Hunger Strike is terrible.

Cornell was a great frontman.

Any more news on the details of his death? Confirmed a suicide?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I liked Soundgarden and Audioslave(for the most part) but not Temple of the Dog. Hunger Strike is terrible.

Cornell was a great frontman.

Any more news on the details of his death? Confirmed a suicide?
    I think it was from hanging. So weird.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I think it was from hanging. So weird.
    Michael Hutchence/David Carradine type of hanging?

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Michael Hutchence/David Carradine type of hanging?
    That's what I was wondering. It's been said he was texting pretty positive thoughts that night, and hung around after his concert to interact with fans.

It's very strange. I'm not a fan of the genre of music, but I appreciated his vocal abilities and writing skills.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information