Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Intestinal disorders

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The last few pages of this thread gave me the runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Well in that case weazel, you can gfy
    you sonofabitch, eat a soggy biscuit!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    you sonofabitch, eat a soggy biscuit!
    Only of you prepared it for me

you have mail.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

7. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

I'm glad I am not married to a woman with intestinal problems because women don't like to have sex when they are having intestinal problems.

Would anybody who has a wife/girlfriend with intestinal problems like to confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I'm glad I am not married to a woman with intestinal problems because women don't like to have sex when they are having intestinal problems.

Would anybody who has a wife/girlfriend with intestinal problems like to confirm this?
    Premenstrual cramps would qualify.

I will say neither yay or nay-

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm having my second flare up with diverticulitis. It sucks!

The first time I dealt with this was about 8 years ago.

Do any of you have colon issues?

I have what you call Ulcerative Colitis. I have been hospitalized for it for weeks at a time. Lucky for me I never needed a blood trasnfusion from the loss of blood but came very close. Multiple flare ups that cause bleeding in my large intestine/colon. It effects all of my joints and I feel like an 80 year old man when I flare. Rheumatoid Arthritis is usually paired with it and you are at risk for many other things including cancer. Was diagnosed around 2011 I think and had perfect health up to that point.

Every 6-8 weeks I go in for an infusion with this miracle drug called Remicade going on 5 years now. Basically next to all the chemo patients. It does suck but this infusion keeps my flares in check and I can basically eat what I want. Also, I am on several medications, get colonoscopies and blood test alot. They also like to test my stool. It's a nightmare, invasive and embarrassing. I've had to take off months at a time because the last flare I had it was so bad I had to stay close to a bathroom because I had bloody diarrhea 25 times a day, extremely painful.

Without any of that I would have to rely of a very strict diet to not go into a flare. Basically everything I like I'd have to cut out. I have tried many different diets, the SCD (Specific Carbo Diet) diet maybe being the best but gluten free, staying away from processed foods, less sugar, caffeinated sodas ect. When I go into a flare or getting close I'll usually phone my mom and she prepares alot of dishes that are good for me...which helps alot.

I don't talk about it much because I am pretty private in general. But, if I can help anyone battling UC or Chrons then I am here. Believe me, alot that I learned on how to fight it came from groups online and other people with the same condition. Lucky for me my boss has the same condition and he has given me the green light to take time of for those infusions to keep this in check. If I had a regular job it would be difficult. The infusions cost my insurance about $15,000 a pop. Oh yeah, this has also hit my pocket book like you wouldn't believe.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I have what you call Ulcerative Colitis. I have been hospitalized for it for weeks at a time. Lucky for me I never needed a blood trasnfusion from the loss of blood but came very close. Multiple flare ups that cause bleeding in my large intestine/colon. It effects all of my joints and I feel like an 80 year old man when I flare. Rheumatoid Arthritis is usually paired with it and you are at risk for many other things including cancer. Was diagnosed around 2011 I think and had perfect health up to that point.

Every 6-8 weeks I go in for an infusion with this miracle drug called Remicade going on 5 years now. Basically next to all the chemo patients. It does suck but this infusion keeps my flares in check and I can basically eat what I want. Also, I am on several medications, get colonoscopies and blood test alot. They also like to test my stool. It's a nightmare, invasive and embarrassing. I've had to take off months at a time because the last flare I had it was so bad I had to stay close to a bathroom because I had bloody diarrhea 25 times a day, extremely painful.

Without any of that I would have to rely of a very strict diet to not go into a flare. Basically everything I like I'd have to cut out. I have tried many different diets, the SCD (Specific Carbo Diet) diet maybe being the best but gluten free, staying away from processed foods, less sugar, caffeinated sodas ect. When I go into a flare or getting close I'll usually phone my mom and she prepares alot of dishes that are good for me...which helps alot.

I don't talk about it much because I am pretty private in general. But, if I can help anyone battling UC or Chrons then I am here. Believe me, alot that I learned on how to fight it came from groups online and other people with the same condition. Lucky for me my boss has the same condition and he has given me the green light to take time of for those infusions to keep this in check. If I had a regular job it would be difficult. The infusions cost my insurance about $15,000 a pop. Oh yeah, this has also hit my pocket book like you wouldn't believe.
    this is why I said "meh" to my problem.

Dude that sounds horrible.

It is awful but I try and stay positive about it. Luckily the haven't had to remove my colon and put some type of bag on me. I'd have a stoma and basically have to shit out of my stomach into this plastic bag that was attached to it. Or, they would just route everything through my small intestines and there would be no bag.

Pretty gross stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    It is awful but I try and stay positive about it. Luckily the haven't had to remove my colon and put some type of bag on me. I'd have a stoma and basically have to shit out of my stomach into this plastic bag that was attached to it. Or, they would just route everything through my small intestines and there would be no bag.

Pretty gross stuff...
    My dad had diverticulosis and had a bag for a week. No fun-

I have a relative with a bag, it doesn't look fun.

My dad burped it in the house, once. It was one of the worst odors I've ever smelt. That was 29 years ago and I still remember it.

Note to self:

Refrain from going into this thread while I am having lunch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

WTE, burp your bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Just read the beggining of the thread. Count yourself very lucky if it is only IBS and not an IBD. It's manageable with a proper diet but there are "trigger" foods no matter what. Have you been tested for food allergies?

Did the doctors misdiagnose you or have you heard anything else since they said you might have UC or Chrons?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information