Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch John Elway's Third NFL Start...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Watch John Elway's Third NFL Start...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJWnxFHyAdA

Watch John Elway's third NFL start and keep in mind that Paxton Lynch will be making his third NFL start whenever it happens this season. Far from the polished QB we remember today, Elway's play doesn't resemble an overall #1 draft choice. He does all the things young QBs do - miss receivers, hang onto the ball too long, let the clock run long causing time outs, takes off when the first receiver isn't open, telegraphs his passes, etc.

My point is that if Lynch doesn't look like an All-Pro his next time out, don't discard him. He's going to be outstanding if we just give him time to gain confidence and let the game come to him.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

If you want your QB to succeed, you've gotta get him on the field and let him make mistakes. Mental reps are great, and classroom study is paramount, but real game-speed experiences will dictate the career path of Paxton Lynch.

I don't think the Broncos have the want or patience to allow this to happen, since the defense is still in a rapidly slamming closed SB window.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJWnxFHyAdA

Watch John Elway's third NFL start and keep in mind that Paxton Lynch will be making his third NFL start whenever it happens this season. Far from the polished QB we remember today, Elway's play doesn't resemble an overall #1 draft choice. He does all the things young QBs do - miss receivers, hang onto the ball too long, let the clock run long causing time outs, takes off when the first receiver isn't open, telegraphs his passes, etc.

My point is that if Lynch doesn't look like an All-Pro his next time out, don't discard him. He's going to be outstanding if we just give him time to gain confidence and let the game come to him.
    Maybe he will. I don't think they are going to discard him regardless of whether he wins the starting job this year.

Fans want to leap wildly all over the place. I hear some idiots insisting that Chad Kelly is going to be the Broncos starter in 2018 and become a great NFL QB. OK, maybe, but he's about 1 billion miles away from that right now. Dude was a 7th round pick for a reason.

Trevor looks good in training camp, he's the next great QB. Paxton has a few veterans publicly comment about how much better he knows the play book this season, and suddenly he's destined for glory.

REALITY 101: If Trevor wins the starting job he won't keep it long unless the team wins. And the schedule is absolutely brutal. It's the worst schedule in the NFL. The bye week is too early and for some damn reason they play virtually every top team in the NFL.

So, unless the team comes storming out of the gates they are going to struggle against this schedule. And if the team struggles, and if Paxton looks to be CLOSE to Trevor in terms of performance, just CLOSE mind you, how long do they stick with Trevor?

Not long at all. He could lose his starting job after the bye week. He could lose his starting job by week 5 if the team goes 2-2.

And the same goes for Paxton. Will they just watch Paxton struggle out there while they have Trevor on the bench? Not if the team is losing.

Remember what happened week 17 against the Chargers in 2015? Brock Osweiler didn't play badly, his WRs dropped passes, and the team was listless. So, they went to Peyton in the 3rd Quarter.

He came in, the crowd went wild, the team suddenly picked it up and started playing great. They won that game and they named Peyton as starter in the playoffs and the rest is history.

Same thing could easily happen here. I could see Trevor playing reasonably well, but if the team isn't winning, he won't keep his job.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Except this isn't Brock vs. Peyton. This is Trevor vs Paxton with Chad playing the role of Bernie Sanders. I realize the pressure to keep the defense performing at SB quality (heck, look at the Orange Crush in this video and the ways they kept the game close) but you've made the investment in a 1st-rounder and whether it is Shane Ray or Garret Bolles, you * have* to play them and let them adjust in real-game situations. Same with Lynch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I said this all last year when people were complaining about Trevor.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    If you want your QB to succeed, you've gotta get him on the field and let him make mistakes. Mental reps are great, and classroom study is paramount, but real game-speed experiences will dictate the career path of Paxton Lynch.

I don't think the Broncos have the want or patience to allow this to happen, since the defense is still in a rapidly slamming closed SB window.
    Worked well for them last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I said this all last year when people were complaining about Trevor.
    Yeah, but the frustration was that we were letting a guy with little talent and upside go out and learn instead of our talented QB. Looking back on hindsight, last year was a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Yeah, but the frustration was that we were letting a guy with little talent and upside go out and learn instead of our talented QB. Looking back on hindsight, last year was a waste.

I think it would have cemented Kubiak's reputation if he turned a 7th-rounder into a winning QB. Turning a 1st-rounder into a winning QB is considered no big deal.

There are so many busts at QB that getting a Qb to play well is a big deal. I get your point, though. I don't think Kubiak started TS out of hubris - but I think we all know that TS isn't the guy. Investing that time in him...was a bust.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Paxton is no Elway.

/thread

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Paxton is no Elway.

/thread
    This comment provides nothing - he doesn't have to be Elway for us to glean the point of the thread, which does have some merit.

You are a conversation killing monster!

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This comment provides nothing - he doesn't have to be Elway for us to glean the point of the thread, which does have some merit.

You are a conversation killing monster!

That has nothing to do with the notion that young QB's often suck ass. Sigh. you just love being difficult! You just love to argue!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

That has nothing to do with the notion that young QB's often suck ass. Sigh. you just love being difficult! You just love to argue!
    I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I was unprepared. I...yield.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information