Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch John Elway's Third NFL Start...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I was unprepared. I...yield.
    My point is, it's dumb to compare anyone in their 3rd game to an all time great player at any position.

Ryan Leaf struggled in his 3rd game. Is he now comparable to Elway too?

It's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    My point is, it's dumb to compare anyone in their 3rd game to an all time great player at any position.

Ryan Leaf struggled in his 3rd game. Is he now comparable to Elway too?

It's just dumb.
    The comparison is just that even an all-time great looked rough in his third start, so if a guy who has talent looks rough at the third start it's not the end of the world.

It's not exactly an unfair statement - the comparison is between situation and not so much as player to player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The comparison is just that even an all-time great looked rough in his third start, so if a guy who has talent looks rough at the third start it's not the end of the world.

It's not exactly an unfair statement - the comparison is between situation and not so much as player to player.
    It's dumb, King. Just give up like I thought you already did.

Just give up like I thought you already did.

King,

Joe is clearly hitting on you
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    King,

Joe is clearly hitting on you
    I love him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You're dumb because you don't understand what is being compared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

It's not actually dumb, though. Open your mind to a new possibility of thinking, Joe. You're saying, essentially, that Elway is a god, so how can you compare someone else to him, no? Well, if even a god is shaky in their third start, even someone less godly, like Lynch, shouldn't be dismissed because he was shaky in the third start. The thinking actually affirms your stance.

Just hold me, you savage. Just tell me it'll be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    If you want your QB to succeed, you've gotta get him on the field and let him make mistakes. Mental reps are great, and classroom study is paramount, but real game-speed experiences will dictate the career path of Paxton Lynch.

I don't think the Broncos have the want or patience to allow this to happen, since the defense is still in a rapidly slamming closed SB window.
    If you want even the most physically gifted smartest QB to FAIL, shove him on the field when he's raw and running for his life because he's the only offense you've got. Lynch needed to sit last year whether he's our franchise guy or not: He was raw even by rookie standards, didn't know the playbook nor pro game, and we hadn't managed to keep a QB healthy enough to play past Halloween since 2013 (arguably 2012; Manning played the last two months of 2013 with BOTH ankles taped.)

IF and when Lynch takes the reins, I'll be pulling for him just as hard as for Siemian: It's in the teams best interest that the best man win, regardless of whose pinup pic is on which fans wall. It's a BIT premature to start making Elway comparisons though; nearly every starting QB in NFL history looked bad by their third start, but only a handful of those were ever on par with Elway.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

12. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Any idea how elway looked in his 14th game?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Any idea how elway looked in his 14th game?
    No, but he was pretty bad his rookie year. 47% comp % with 7 TD and 14 Ints.

Yikes!

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You're dumb because you don't understand what is being compared.
    YOU'RE DUMB!

What's dumb, is Paxton has never (to my knowledge) been compared to Elway in any way, shape or form. So, to throw up the 3rd start of Elway's career and compare it to Paxton, is stupid.

Tebow struggled in his 3rd start as well. Should they have given him more time? I mean, he was one of the best college players ever. Paxton was rated the third best quarterback in the 2016 draft by NFLDraftScout.com while Elway was the consensus #1 overall pick. People also expected Elway to start immediately, while Paxton was considered a project and take one or two years to "adjust" to the NFL.

It's just an excuse to excuse Paxton if he sucks in his next start.

Do you like how I used excuse with two different definitions?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's not actually dumb, though. Open your mind to a new possibility of thinking, Joe. You're saying, essentially, that Elway is a god, so how can you compare someone else to him, no? Well, if even a god is shaky in their third start, even someone less godly, like Lynch, shouldn't be dismissed because he was shaky in the third start. The thinking actually affirms your stance.

Just hold me, you savage. Just tell me it'll be alright.
    Look - nothing would pleasure me more (other than you... ) than Paxton being the next franchise QB for the Broncos. I'd also be thrilled if Siemian became that guy, or anyone else for that matter.

I'm a Broncos fan first and foremost. I honor those who wore the Orange and Blue and became great. I'm not much into speculating about any young players future, especially based on two games and making excuses for them if they suck in their 3rd game BEFORE IT EVEN HAPPENS!
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 05-11-2017 at 01:57 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

YOU'RE DUMB!

What's dumb, is Paxton has never (to my knowledge) been compared to Elway in any way, shape or form. So, to throw up the 3rd start of Elway's career and compare it to Paxton, is stupid.

Tebow struggled in his 3rd start as well. Should they have given him more time? I mean, he was one of the best college players ever. Paxton was rated the third best quarterback in the 2016 draft by NFLDraftScout.com while Elway was the consensus #1 overall pick. People also expected Elway to start immediately, while Paxton was considered a project and take one or two years to "adjust" to the NFL.

It's just an excuse to excuse Paxton if he sucks in his next start.

Do you like how I used excuse with two different definitions?
    I don't think it's an excuse, but it does serve as a reminder that sometimes young players struggle and a fair amount of patience is required.

Tebow got plenty of chances to show what he can do, not just 3 starts.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don't think it's an excuse, but it does serve as a reminder that sometimes young players struggle and a fair amount of patience is required.

Tebow got plenty of chances to show what he can do, not just 3 starts.
    True, but any comparison of the two is dumb. Obviously, this is my opinion.

Tebow got us in the playoffs, and won a game. Maybe he could have developed into a better QB with patience?

* this is not an endorsement of Tebow, even though I like the guy as a person and college player

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    If you want even the most physically gifted smartest QB to FAIL, shove him on the field when he's raw and running for his life because he's the only offense you've got. Lynch needed to sit last year whether he's our franchise guy or not: He was raw even by rookie standards, didn't know the playbook nor pro game, and we hadn't managed to keep a QB healthy enough to play past Halloween since 2013 (arguably 2012; Manning played the last two months of 2013 with BOTH ankles taped.)

IF and when Lynch takes the reins, I'll be pulling for him just as hard as for Siemian: It's in the teams best interest that the best man win, regardless of whose pinup pic is on which fans wall. It's a BIT premature to start making Elway comparisons though; nearly every starting QB in NFL history looked bad by their third start, but only a handful of those were ever on par with Elway.
    I don't disagree with you on the comparisons. People that were posting graphics about tebow through 12 starts vs elway through 12 starts made me roll my eyes so hard I pulled an ocular muscle.

That being said, anyone can look good in 3 or 7 step drops in shells in the bubble. He needs real game speed to get better, though. Hiding QBs on the bench, and for the love of God please don't say Aaron Rodgers, rarely equates to better play down the road. The kind of physical player he is, with how he was successful in playing collegiate ball, he needs to see the game first hand and try and figure it out. He's not smart enough to figure it out on the whiteboard.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information