Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best baseball towns in America

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Best baseball towns in America

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/gallery...b-parks-050917

1. St. Louis

St. Louis and the Cardinals are synonymous. What other team and city can say that? Sometimes it is just as simple as that. The "Best Fans in Baseball" might not always be self-aware — no fan base is, though — but they're all-in on the Cardinals. You can't question that kind of loyalty.

2. San Francisco

San Francisco has one professional sports team that actually plays in San Francisco.

The Warriors — they're in Oakland, for now, right next to the A's. The 49ers play down in Santa Clara, a few miles from the San Jose Sharks' area and just down the road from the Earthquakes.

But the Giants — they're all San Francisco. And with a gorgeous ballpark and a ton of recent success, you can't go more than few feet in The City without seeing the interlocking SF logo. It'll be interesting to see how San Francisco responds to the Giants' poor play early this year and the Warriors' cross-bay move in the years to come, but for now, San Francisco is a baseball town and an elite one at that.

3. Chicago

The Cubs fans showed up for decades of terrible baseball — an allegiance that made the victory all the sweeter last October.

White Sox fans — there aren't many, but they're hardcore.

Chicago might have the Bulls, Blackhawks, and Bears, but it's a city that's divided between the north and south sides — a baseball town.

4. Boston

The city lives and dies with the Red Sox, though they also live and die with the Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots. The post-curse reinvention has been... interesting, to say the least ... but there's no way Boston will ever fall out of the top 5 of this kind of list.

Cont.....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Cool story, bro.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Stupid. They went from "best baseball towns" to towns with good baseball fan bases. Not the same thing.

St. Louis is the best baseball town. Just ask them.

But the Cubs aren't the big time on Chicago's sports scene. Boston? Okay. They win with all their major sports teams but does that make them the best baseball city or the best-endowed baseball cities?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Gotta love Cardinals fans.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

11. Kansas City

The Royals' strong run re-ignited a long dormant fire in Kansas City. The loyal fans who stuck through some thin, thin years were rewarded but all of Kansas City fell back in love with their team. The only question is how long it can stick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

St Louis is a shitty football town though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I'm pleased to see NY is not in the top 4.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    St Louis is a shitty football town though.
    Keepers leagues with punters are shitty fantasy leagues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Keepers leagues with punters are shitty fantasy leagues.
    Towns that lose their football teams don't deserve to have them in the first place.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

LA has lost 3. And now they have 2 more to lose.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    LA has lost 3. And now they have 2 more to lose.
    St Louis has lost 2. And now they don't have any to lose.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I dont know if you can call an organization that hasnt had a winning season in 14 years a "team" to lose.

Of course they're the best - a bunch of inbred redneck morons who can only follow a slow moving sport while they talk about how much they hate black people.

F- city.

F- people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Of course they're the best - a bunch of inbred redneck morons who can only follow a slow moving sport while they talk about how much they hate black people.

F- city.

F- people.
    I won't defend the shit-hole that is St. Louis but I will defend baseball. Call it a slow moving sport all you want but tell me how many things move at 100+ MPH in football or basketball.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

In addition to that, Boston fans love cheaters like Belichick, Man-Ram, Brady and Ortiz.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information