Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Dolphins picked Peyton Manning’s brain before trading for Julius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    That's all well and good and JT was a great receiver, but how many snaps has he played for Jacksonville in the past 2 years? How much of a safety valve was he for Blake Bortles who probably could've used him? Talent was never a problem, it's the fact that he can't stay healthy. Let's be honest, he had one great year in Denver and was hurt the rest of the time. There's a reason Elway refused to pay him retarded money. Jax overpaid and are now trading him for a Tackle because he's done nothing for them for 2 years.
    Who cares? He can play 5 games a year and make more of an impact that 'one of the best blocking tight ends in football'. Because blocking tight ends are shit, they're dated, they do nothing, and they absolutely suck. How many blocking tight ends are drafted in the first round?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Because we let JT walk we were able to sign Ron Leary and Menelik watson and Jamal Charles........No. those 3 infinitely outweigh the 5 games JT would have played for us.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Yeah, I don't think anyone argues that JT isn't an insane talent, and isn't an invaluable offensive threat.

The problem is the salary he commanded at the time vs. the entire team's needs. If unlimited resources are available, and no salary cap, etc., then by all means. Alas, there are constraints.

4. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Who cares? He can play 5 games a year and make more of an impact that 'one of the best blocking tight ends in football'. Because blocking tight ends are shit, they're dated, they do nothing, and they absolutely suck. How many blocking tight ends are drafted in the first round?
    You are the blocking TE of this message board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You are the blocking TE of this message board.
    You guys love me for no logical purpose while maintaining the notion that I'm useful?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Because we let JT walk we were able to sign Ron Leary and Menelik watson and Jamal Charles........No. those 3 infinitely outweigh the 5 games JT would have played for us.
    His salary would have caused us to do things differently. His talent would have helped the young QB's develop and probably gotten us into the postseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

His salary would have caused us to do things differently. His talent would have helped the young QB's develop and probably gotten us into the postseason.
    Eh. I still (and will always) maintain that PM made JT. His stats without PFM support this.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Eh. I still (and will always) maintain that PM made JT. His stats without PFM support this.
    PFM lobbies for this guy because he knows what he can do. PFM put him in a position to be great. And he was great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

PFM lobbies for this guy because he knows what he can do. PFM put him in a position to be great. And he was great.
    He certainly took advantage of his situation, but really hasn't done much since. To me, that's not greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He certainly took advantage of his situation, but really hasn't done much since. To me, that's not greatness.
    He's been hurt. Which is, unfortunately, an issue he has.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He's been hurt. Which is, unfortunately, an issue he has.
    I don't know. He played 12 games in 2015 season and was average at best. Last year (SHOCKINGLY) he was hurt. Again.

I don't believe he's worth the praise he receives here and other places. He's talented - not doubt - but without a HOF QB, he really hasn't done anything "special". I guess the three amigos were "great" while Elway was tossing the ball to them?

You either score TD's or you don't. He was the miss match that the Broncos exploited - and his numbers in Jax considering injury aren't bad, either.

We have Green as our best TE, and he's one of the worst players in the entire ******* league.

Yes, his salary woul dhave caused us to do things differently. Like lose more players and not be able to bring in as good of players as we did. His talent would definitely have helped develop I agree 100%.

It would not have gotten us into the post season though. He would have been hurt long before we could have/would have made a post season run. Let us also forget that our offense had so few RZ trips that while effective to help move the chains he may have been, he would not have helped the score board.

Letting him walk was one of the best moves we have made. Butt may not be the receiving threat that JT is, but he is a better blocker and not a giant pvssy. Remember, JT was on our team for like 4 or 5 years and only had 2 with production worth mentioning.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

You either score TD's or you don't. He was the miss match that the Broncos exploited - and his numbers in Jax considering injury aren't bad, either.

We have Green as our best TE, and he's one of the worst players in the entire ******* league.

Derby is our best TE....Id argue IRman is too and he freaking sucks. Green should have been, could have been but he didnt or cant make the jump
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

How much money do you think JT is making? You realize that we choose to payback the salary cap loan, too, right? I'm not going to have the speculation of signing players argument...I'm just not going to do it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information