Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kelly tough: Jim Kelly beats cancer, believes new Bronco Chad Kelly will beat odds

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    If you think he's going to be something good, fine. You could be right.

But, the odds are you're wrong. Certainly 31 NFL teams don't think so.

I don't think he's got the right attitude after listening to him talk. Your opinion may vary and nobody really knows at this point.
    Odds are nearly EVERYONE is wrong when it comes to drafting players.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Odds are nearly EVERYONE is wrong when it comes to drafting players.
    OK. It's Friday afternoon and I could use a beer right about now. I have several more people to call for business and I'm putting off drafting an opinion letter due to laziness, and I don't really know what point you are leading to here.

Is it uncertain what Chad will do in the NFL? OK.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

OK. It's Friday afternoon and I could use a beer right about now. I have several more people to call for business and I'm putting off drafting an opinion letter due to laziness, and I don't really know what point you are leading to here.

Is it uncertain what Chad will do in the NFL? OK.
    Your apology is accepted.

I'm having a beer already.

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post
    I'm sure Uncle Jim is going to put the pressure on the kid.
    If the Bronco staff and team leaders can't get this guy pointed in the right direction, no one can.
    Uncle Jim already tried, a lot, before giving it up as a bad job, at least according to Wikipedia (less reliable than a local beat reporter wearing team-colored glasses, but usually less biased; in all seriousness, Wikipedias citation IS a Buffalo beat reporter, so if people trust such stuff, here ya go.) THAT is the problem with Elway-Kelly comparisons: Elway grew up with a quality football coach as his dad and LISTENED TO HIM. Swag Kelly won't take direction.

Sloters hard luck story makes the "people think being Jim Kellys nephew made Chads life easier, but that actually made it much harder" even more nauseating.

If Sloter had pulled half what Kelly has he'd be lucky Kellys dad even hired him to bag groceries ("Remember: Do NOT punch and/or shoot customers!") If Kelly had Sloters work ethic and team mentality he'd have started for the #1 ranked team in the "National" "Championship" game. Instead, his "bad luck" (i.e. a HoF mentor from birth, squandered as a wannaG) has "reduced" him to merely starting A bowl game for a top tier school, after lunch with Archie and Eli Manning.

Roll with Siemian and Lynch, stash Sloter on the PS squad to season/monitor. Kelly will exceed my expectations if he completes camp without capping a cheerleader.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Pretty much what happened
    Oh ok cool so we get his uncle's side of the story. I'm sure that's a totally unbiased account of what happened.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Uncle Jim already tried, a lot, before giving it up as a bad job, at least according to Wikipedia (less reliable than a local beat reporter wearing team-colored glasses, but usually less biased; in all seriousness, Wikipedias citation IS a Buffalo beat reporter, so if people trust such stuff, here ya go.) THAT is the problem with Elway-Kelly comparisons: Elway grew up with a quality football coach as his dad and LISTENED TO HIM. Swag Kelly won't take direction.

Sloters hard luck story makes the "people think being Jim Kellys nephew made Chads life easier, but that actually made it much harder" even more nauseating.

If Sloter had pulled half what Kelly has he'd be lucky Kellys dad even hired him to bag groceries ("Remember: Do NOT punch and/or shoot customers!") If Kelly had Sloters work ethic and team mentality he'd have started for the #1 ranked team in the "National" "Championship" game. Instead, his "bad luck" (i.e. a HoF mentor from birth, squandered as a wannaG) has "reduced" him to merely starting A bowl game for a top tier school, after lunch with Archie and Eli Manning.

Roll with Siemian and Lynch, stash Sloter on the PS squad to season/monitor. Kelly will exceed my expectations if he completes camp without capping a cheerleader.
    Capping a cheerleader?

I'd give him a little longer before he's shooting people associated with the team than just training camp.

I think his problem is not that he'll get in off-field trouble. This is just my opinion, but listening to him he doesn't seem to know what a long shot he is. He is NOT going to get an equal chance to win the starting job.

In fact, due to his injury, he won't be available until September.

All his career he's relied upon his great natural arm strength and athleticism. Only, you can't do that in the NFL. Everybody is good, everybody is talented. He's got to prove himself in practice - only he's not going to get very many reps, and none with the starters.

Have you guys ever been buried on the depth chart on a team? You feel like you could make tremendous plays and nobody is watching. The coach is off watching the first team, and an assistant is in charge of the backups and he's not really paying that much attention. That's how I felt on my team in high school. I wasn't all that good to be honest, but once the coach got the idea "this guy is not my starter" I kinda got buried without another thought. I never got another chance. That can happen.

In fact, I think that's kind of what happened to Paxton last year. Your chances to impress the coaching staff are not very many. They are busy and once an idea about a guy gets imprinted in their minds, it's incredibly hard to change it by playing better. You really have to be a LOT better to get them to even notice.

Capping a cheerleader?

I'd give him a little longer before he's shooting people associated with the team than just training camp.

I think his problem is not that he'll get in off-field trouble. This is just my opinion, but listening to him he doesn't seem to know what a long shot he is. He is NOT going to get an equal chance to win the starting job.
    That's a product of the same mindset that led to "Swag Kelly" before he was even out of HS (and I thought St. Tebow showed huge balls running political SB ads before he was even out of college!) and fights with bouncers and HS players. However much his parents deny it, he likely thinks his uncle gave him a leg up on his competition and a spotlight even when buried on the depth chart (when it even allowed such burial, which was seldom.)

That thought would likely be ACCURATE whether he's had it or not, but no one in the NFL is impressed by a relatives accomplishments long past. It's more like when Archie and Eli Manning took him to lunch at an Ole Miss restaurant named for their respective numbers: They were there to give him a wake up call, not find out "what's Jim Kelly really like?1</fanboy>" Elway doesn't NEED to ask what Jim Kelly's like (answer: Usually not good enough to beat him.)

I was being illustratively hyperbolic with the cheerleader line, but if Chad Kelly does better than Brian Gries he WILL exceed my expectations.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

As for Kelly, there's nothing wrong with being confident. It's hard to succeed if you're not confident. But, is he really ready to do what it takes to become a starter? He's never shown that kind of humility or dedication.

If he had, he would have kept his nose clean prior to the draft and he'd have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick right now, instead of Mr. Irrelevant. Because that's how high his talent level is. It's one thing to SAY you understand, but it's quite another to demonstrate it on the field and off the field.

Yup, this isn't about confidence, but OVER-confidence, sense of entitlement and consequent irresponsibility. The NFL couldn't care less about those except that they translate into awful onfield performance. "Just win, baby," but with the Simpson-Lombardi Corrolary: "If you lose, you're out of the family."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Uncle Jim has no problem vouching for Chad Kelly

Jim Kelly tells Hannah Storm that he is confident that his nephew Chad is past his off-field issues and will be an asset to the Broncos.
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19360166

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Uncle Jim has no problem vouching for Chad Kelly

Jim Kelly tells Hannah Storm that he is confident that his nephew Chad is past his off-field issues and will be an asset to the Broncos.
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19360166
    And we should listen to the uncle talk "totally objectively" about his nephy-poo because?

"I have every confidence in the world that my wastrel ne'er-do-well nephew has totally turned a new leaf and will now suddenly make good!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Oh ok cool so we get his uncle's side of the story. I'm sure that's a totally unbiased account of what happened.
    Me and Kelly dont leave other accounts up for debate.

we spray the club with our aks.

Leave No witnesses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Me and Kelly dont leave other accounts up for debate.

we spray the club with our aks.

Leave No witnesses.
    Here's one, Slick.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Here's one, Slick.
    Yes. Falco is loco for Tebow. No doubt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Chad Kelly has cancer too???????

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information