Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kelly tough: Jim Kelly beats cancer, believes new Bronco Chad Kelly will beat odds

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My defense personality needs a good dose of fecal matter?
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    That second one looks kinda fake, like someone photostored it. First one's total legit tho. Good find, we need more strong rebuplics on the team, gun-rights activisms.
    Hey man guns are just tool's. Nothing like some good old plinking and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    What do you mean?
    Read your post I quoted

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Well then, totally justified.

"He wasn't involved in no brawl," Jim Kelly said Thursday. "But people have to put that as a headline, 'Chad Kelly involved in a brawl.' He goes, 'Uncle Jim, I saw my little brother getting kicked. What do you want me to do, stand there and watch?' He said, 'I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just trying to get him off the bottom of the pile at a high school football game.'"
    Pretty much what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The Broncos have a sweet QB depth chart, and taking a look at the level of play around the NFL I don't see how fans/coaches/teammates have the balls to choose sides. Odds are against any of the 4 will pan out and you need to be pulling for every chance they get.
    That's true. Paxton hasn't shown anything so far, and Trevor wasn't a 7th round pick because he has tremendous potential. Most teams didn't bother to seriously scout him at all (according to some NFL GMs who have spoken on 104.3 the Fan).

Well, Trevor exceeded expectations, but so what? He still sucked last year and the offense stunk, and the defending SB champions failed to make the playoffs. So, no. Trevor doesn't have the job locked down.

Are either or both of these guys going to become a top 10 QB in the NFL - equal to Phillip Rivers or Derek Carr?

Because if not, Elway will draft another QB, since having a top 10 QB is pretty much necessary to winning the SB.

"He wasn't involved in no brawl," Jim Kelly said Thursday. "But people have to put that as a headline, 'Chad Kelly involved in a brawl.' He goes, 'Uncle Jim, I saw my little brother getting kicked. What do you want me to do, stand there and watch?' He said, 'I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just trying to get him off the bottom of the pile at a high school football game.'"
    Child please! If that was the only off-field incident, no problem. You know it wasn't. He was involved in a whole string of stupid. Not just one thing. Or two things. . . .

Only 1 team in the NFL would even consider drafting him, and he has what scouts agree is 2nd round athletic talent. That means he probably has more athletic ability than several of the QBs taken in the first round.

But, he's pretty much a world class bone-head, so that talent is wasted. Do I expect him to suddenly understand what it means to be a starting NFL QB and what you have to do and how you have to act? Not really.

He can talk all he wants, but unless we see a totally different attitude and humility that doesn't include coming into town and comparing himself publicly to John Elway or Brett Favre as a QB - no. Just no. He's always gotten by on his athletic talent. But this is the NFL and as we see with Paxton, raw athleticism and arm strength are the least of the things you need to be QB in this league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Child please! If that was the only off-field incident, no problem. You know it wasn't. He was involved in a whole string of stupid. Not just one thing. Or two things. . . .

Only 1 team in the NFL would even consider drafting him, and he has what scouts agree is 2nd round athletic talent. That means he probably has more athletic ability than several of the QBs taken in the first round.

But, he's pretty much a world class bone-head, so that talent is wasted. Do I expect him to suddenly understand what it means to be a starting NFL QB and what you have to do and how you have to act? Not really.

He can talk all he wants, but unless we see a totally different attitude and humility that doesn't include coming into town and comparing himself publicly to John Elway or Brett Favre as a QB - no. Just no. He's always gotten by on his athletic talent. But this is the NFL and as we see with Paxton, raw athleticism and arm strength are the least of the things you need to be QB in this league.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he did that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    OK - I see where he did say that:

http://1043thefan.com/156984/chad-kelly-the-drive-5117/

at the 3:00 mark.

I know he was asked something similar at a press conference and he deferred. Big Al was impressed with his answer - I'd figure you would be all in with a Big Al endorsement.

That's true. Paxton hasn't shown anything so far, and Trevor wasn't a 7th round pick because he has tremendous potential. Most teams didn't bother to seriously scout him at all (according to some NFL GMs who have spoken on 104.3 the Fan).

Well, Trevor exceeded expectations, but so what? He still sucked last year and the offense stunk, and the defending SB champions failed to make the playoffs. So, no. Trevor doesn't have the job locked down.

Are either or both of these guys going to become a top 10 QB in the NFL - equal to Phillip Rivers or Derek Carr?

Because if not, Elway will draft another QB, since having a top 10 QB is pretty much necessary to winning the SB.
    I don't think the future will be Trevor and I feel he will always be a journeyman but I really don't think it is fair to say he sucked.

10. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Pretty much what happened
    If my little brother or whoever my loved one is is getting stomped I am knocking guys out on top of the pile as well.

He was interviewed by DMAC & Big Al on 104.3 The Fan and asked who in the NFL he compared his abilities to and he answered "John Elway and Brett Favre." Now, I think he probably misspoke, but it came off like he's very arrogant and doesn't understand just how far he has to go.

This is not his team. He's not even going to be on the field with his injury. He has talent, but mentally he's been a complete bone-head. His uncle apologist talks about his getting into a fight at the high school football game, but that was only one of a long string of incidents that included all kinds of outrageous stuff. He was thrown off his team for fighting with the coaches for instance.

Well, NFL scouts & GMs looked at that and 31 of them said "pass" he wasn't even on their draft boards. The Broncos were willing to use a compensatory pick that was the last pick of the entire draft on this guy. He's a developmental guy who might be of some use in the future.

But it's very long-term at best and probably never going to happen at all. How many former 7th round QBs are starting in the NFL today? I think none. Brady was 6th round, but finding a Hall of Famer in the 6th round is not more likely than a giant asteroid hitting the earth and wiping out the dinosaurs. I mean it can happen, but don't hold your breath!

So, the kid has a chance if he gets his mind right. But, as President Kennedy said "10% never get the word."

Personally, I think he's one of that 10% that just never get it and don't last long in the NFL. Well, we'll see. . . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He was interviewed by DMAC & Big Al on 104.3 The Fan and asked who in the NFL he compared his abilities to and he answered "John Elway and Brett Favre." Now, I think he probably misspoke, but it came off like he's very arrogant and doesn't understand just how far he has to go.

This is not his team. He's not even going to be on the field with his injury. He has talent, but mentally he's been a complete bone-head. His uncle apologist talks about his getting into a fight at the high school football game, but that was only one of a long string of incidents that included all kinds of outrageous stuff. He was thrown off his team for fighting with the coaches for instance.

Well, NFL scouts & GMs looked at that and 31 of them said "pass" he wasn't even on their draft boards. The Broncos were willing to use a compensatory pick that was the last pick of the entire draft on this guy. He's a developmental guy who might be of some use in the future.

But it's very long-term at best and probably never going to happen at all. How many former 7th round QBs are starting in the NFL today? I think none. Brady was 6th round, but finding a Hall of Famer in the 6th round is not more likely than a giant asteroid hitting the earth and wiping out the dinosaurs. I mean it can happen, but don't hold your breath!
    When you're being forced to answer a question, you have to come up with something. His game does resemble Elway and Favre. He didn't say he was better, just that if forced to answer, his style of play is similar.

Listening isn't one of your strong traits. Plus, read further down in the thread before blindly responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't think the future will be Trevor and I feel he will always be a journeyman but I really don't think it is fair to say he sucked.
    I don't think it's fair to say "he sucks now," because who knows how he will perform in his second year starting, with a new offensive system and new coaching staff, but he was, I believe, the 24th rated starting QB in the NFL and by a number of statistical measures.

That plus the fact that the offense did absolutely nothing in many games = "pretty much sucky." Cecil Lammey for instance, who is a strong Paxton partisan, has a yard long list of all the statistical measures by which Trevor demonstrated his suck-atude.

Attachment 10513

We might have a different view after this season of course. I certainly hope that is right since I like Trevor (why would anybody dislike him?)

When you're being forced to answer a question, you have to come up with something. His game does resemble Elway and Favre. He didn't say he was better, just that if forced to answer, his style of play is similar.

Listening isn't one of your strong traits. Plus, read further down in the thread before blindly responding.
    If you think he's going to be something good, fine. You could be right.

But, the odds are you're wrong. Certainly 31 NFL teams don't think so.

I don't think he's got the right attitude after listening to him talk. Your opinion may vary and nobody really knows at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I don't think it's fair to say "he sucks now," because who knows how he will perform in his second year starting, with a new offensive system and new coaching staff, but he was, I believe, the 24th rated starting QB in the NFL and by a number of statistical measures.

That plus the fact that the offense did absolutely nothing in many games = "pretty much sucky." Cecil Lammey for instance, who is a strong Paxton partisan, has a yard long list of all the statistical measures by which Trevor demonstrated his suck-atude.

Attachment 10513

We might have a different view after this season of course. I certainly hope that is right since I like Trevor (why would anybody dislike him?)
    I find it hilarious you constantly quote Cecil Lammey. He's been wrong about nearly everything he comments on.

Actually, now that I think about it, it makes sense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information