Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kollar to Gotsis: Get Bigger and Stronger, or else

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Who knows Jaded? Just because he sucked and was hurt in his first year doesn't mean he CAN'T improve a lot. Doesn't mean he necessarily will, but he could. If he does, then fine. If not, don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out of town Gotsis! After all, Demaryius looked pretty much a wasted pick his first couple of seasons in the NFL.
    I know jaded

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I know jaded
    You know only what he allows you to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I know jaded
    You know him in the biblical sense? I would hesitate to admit that if I were you!

Once again punctuation makes all the difference and a dropped comma is cause for malicious sport on these boards. Sigh. At least I'm not a baby seal!

5. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You know him in the biblical sense? I would hesitate to admit that if I were you!

Once again punctuation makes all the difference and a dropped comma is cause for malicious sport on these boards. Sigh. At least I'm not a baby seal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I like Gotsis...but not as much as Jaded. I know from experience, if ya know what I mean dude.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Jaded...Cugel...

God dammit.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Jaded...Cugel...

God dammit.
    You just can't keep up because we're running rings round you, logically! And yes, that is a metaphor that tangles up my brain.

You just can't keep up because we're running rings round you, logically! And yes, that is a metaphor that tangles up my brain.
    Jaded is logic god.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Jaded is logic god.
    This makes a lot of sense.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Who knows Jaded? Just because he sucked and was hurt in his first year doesn't mean he CAN'T improve a lot. Doesn't mean he necessarily will, but he could.
    I know jaded
    I only know him online, but still disagree with Cugel: If Jaded hasn't put it together by now, he probably never will, and the Broncos can't afford tolerating a charity case in the increasingly faint hope he eventually "gets it." This team is about winning championships, not coddling fan favorites.

I like Gotsis...but not as much as Jaded. I know from experience, if ya know what I mean dude.
    Full marks for doing the fortune cookie thing with the ancient admonition to "Know thyself." Bonus points for not including a pic.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

15. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Hey, i like it! Go "Little Wolf"!!!

Andrew Mason‏Verified account
    @MaseDenver

Following
    More
    Domata Peko says the D-linemen are calling Adam Gotsis "Little Wolfe."

17. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Hey, i like it! Go "Little Wolf"!!!

Andrew Mason‏Verified account
    @MaseDenver

Following
    More
    Domata Peko says the D-linemen are calling Adam Gotsis "Little Wolfe."
    Another wolfe, added a demarcus walker.... OUR DL is going to be crazy dominant. Our defense might be better than the SB defense or close.

19. The Following User High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

Frankly, Gotsis is already labelled by the organization as a bust. Not my opinion, theirs.

They used a 2nd round pick on Gotsis. 2nd Round picks are supposed to start in year 1 and be a solid starter in years 2-6 or so. Instead, they used another 2nd round pick to get a guy to play his same position opposite Wolfe.

Walker has more pass-rush ability too. Then there's Pecko whom they are paying a lot more money as a FA. In short, Kollar wanted this guy for some reason. He was a bust last year for a lot of reasons.

They drafted a guy with a high draft pick to replace him. And Kollar told him to get in the weight room and get stronger "or else."

If your second round pick from a year ago is already being replaced that's not a great pick. He seems to be better this year, but where's he going to play? They have Winn and Pecko and Jared Crick already and just drafted Walker.

Everybody but Kollar insists that D. Pecko is a NT pure and simple and that seems to make sense, and he's listed that way on the depth chart. But, according to Cecil Lammey, who was just reporting out at Dove Valley, Kollar is intent on sliding him out to play some DE too, so he's also in competition with Gotsis (who is NOT a NT).

So, where does Gotsis fit in? In rotation behind Walker and Jared Crick (who is listed on the depth chart as the present starter)?

Maybe he starts ahead of Crick and Walker for now, but obviously Walker was a steal in the 2nd round and projects as an elite pass-rushing DE. They want Walker to be the long term starter (else why draft him in the 2nd round) and he has much more athletic ability than Gotsis has displayed at any point in his college or pro career.

Gotsis (if he's really improved) should be useful in rotation, but it doesn't look like his future is as a starter for the Denver Broncos. In short, a busted pick for a 2nd rounder.
    Last edited by Cugel; 05-18-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Ideally we need 6 good linemen who can each get 25+ snaps a game. I don't think he is the odd man out. That's 7 dudes, and maybe one of them doesn't dress for games. I think we need all 7

Will Crick still be a major player? Our run D was awful last year.

22. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Oh, I'd be amazed if Gotsis was cut. After all he was a 2nd round pick and he's pretty cheap. He will have a chance to start, but it's obvious that the Broncos didn't draft Walker to sit. He's an elite talent and the sooner he starts the better. He's the closest thing to a replacement for Malik Jackson.

Then Gotsis will be a rotational player behind Walker until his contract expires. He could upset this by playing at an amazing level that he's never reached before, either in college or the pros, but who seriously believes that will happen at this point? Or he could continue to suck.

Cecil Lammey who observed him at Dove Valley insists that Gotsis' main problem is no longer his strength or health, but that he gets involved with hand-fighting OL. He gets so absorbed in his one-on-one battle that he fails to shed his blocker and get to the ball. That would indicate a lack of instinct more than anything. Some players have all the physical tools - and this includes Gotsis, but lack elite football instincts. I don't know if that applies to Gotsis but it appears so.

As for Jared Crick, he'll only start if he does, as long as Walker isn't ready. When he is, the Broncos have a DL pass rusher who can command double teams.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information