Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cap casualties and remaining cap space

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Cap casualties and remaining cap space

All you cap gurus out there...who can the Broncos snipe as we approach TC and the start of the season? What are the big dates?

I read that Clay Matthews might be a cap casualty. Not saying I want him, but just goes to show he's not a name being thrown around as a possible FA acquisition, so I bet there are others.

I know Jason Peters is a possibility.

Are there any potential ILB cap casualties out there? If so, what is our remaining wiggle room after the draft and JC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I just saw two statements that are perplexing to me.

1. Clay Matthews might be a cap casualty
    2. I'm not sure I want him.

If Clay Matthews is available we should just cut Sanders *Slowly backs out of the room*

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm just making this up as I go. Don't go full srsly on me.

I just read that Clay might be a cap hit. Here's a link.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/2...jay-cutler-nfc
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If Clay Matthews is available we should just cut Sanders *Slowly backs out of the room*
    Adding another pass rusher so we can cut our second best offensive player? Ew. Granted Clay can play ILB, so there's that. But. Ew.

If Jason Peters is a cap casualty I'm going to be so happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm just making this up as I go. Don't go full srsly on me.

I just read that Clay might be a cap hit. Here's a link.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/2...jay-cutler-nfc
    I'll steak if Clay Matthews isn't a Packer on opening day. Further more I'll streak publicly if he's a Bronco.

I'll steak if Clay Matthews isn't a Packer on opening day. Further more I'll streak publicly if he's a Bronco.
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/g...in-2017-011517

his seems crazy, right? Why on Earth would the Packers get rid of Clay Matthews, one of the best players on their roster? Well it just so happens the All-Pro linebacker hasn’t exactly been a star as of late. Since making the switch to inside linebacker, Matthews hasn’t been the same player. Even after moving back outside, his pass-rushing skills have declined and he’s been wildly ineffective as a run defender as well.

Scheduled to count $15.2 million against the cap in 2017, that seems unacceptable. There’s just no way the Packers can continue to pay that much for someone who used to be a superstar.

While showing him the door is an option, the most likely outcome is a restructure. Matthews is a fan favorite and huge locker room presence, which means releasing him would have wide-ranging consequences. As important as saving cap space can be, the Packers don’t want to stir the pot too much.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Adding another pass rusher so we can cut our second best offensive player? Ew. Granted Clay can play ILB, so there's that. But. Ew.

If Jason Peters is a cap casualty I'm going to be so happy.
    I want him to be a physical and athletic Mike.

Sanders is the most overrated receiver we have ever had. He's an above average receiver who gets a lot of one on one looks against #2 corners because of the man who plays opposite him.

Clay Matthews is a perennial all pro. Emmanuel Sanders is a perennial AFC West second teamer.

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Mathews has had some off years. Sanders is a playmaker. This is taking the thread off-topic a bit. My apologies, Hawg.

Mathews has had some off years. Sanders is a playmaker. This is taking the thread off-topic a bit. My apologies, Hawg.
    Sanders is a playmaker. I stand by my post.

Hawg will survive the rabbit trail king.

Forgive the saltiness. I confess I'm trolling a bit. I'm not trying to antagonize anyone in this thread.

I think I'll do a google search and find 3 articles on the topic of sex helping to cure migraines and share them with my wife. 3 articles will obviously be proof of scientific fact, amirite?

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I found a couple articles talking about Mathews and Maualuga being cut. Outside of that, I'm not sure. A lot of those articles talked about the post June cuts. That seems to be a big date.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

All good, this is why we are here.

I'm with you on this one. Mathews is more of a has-been, and Sanders fits a needed role on this roster. I don't like bringing in the big swinging dick linebacker to an already ego-saturated Denver defense that clicks.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Forgive the saltiness. I confess I'm trolling a bit. I'm not trying to antagonize anyone in this thread.

I think I'll do a google search and find 3 articles on the topic of sex helping to cure migraines and share them with my wife. 3 articles will obviously be proof of scientific fact, amirite?
    I'm convinced we are all here to either antagonize or support each other, depending on our mood at the time.

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

We support one another by antagonizing one another would be my wager.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information