Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Jamaall Charles

Charles seems to be settling in here. He's already doing volunteer work with the Special Olympics in Denver. He talks a bit about his new team too (and there's a good picture of him in his new orange jersey):

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jamaal Charles spent the first part of his Tuesday engrossed in the process of getting to know his new team.

He continued to learn the offense and get acquainted with his new teammates. So far, the process is going well, and he was clearly amped about getting to know his fellow running backs.

"It's exciting, man. We all joke around," Charles said. "It's not any big pressure; it's just exciting to be around a new room. They're probably excited to be around a new guy. I'm excited to be a part of the room."

He's also excited to learn the new offense.

"The playbook is going to be easy," Charles said. "I've been in five different systems. I like it, too. [Offensive Coordinator] Mike McCoy, he's got a great offensive playbook."

The sight of the Chiefs' all-time leading rusher in an orange jersey is still a jarring one, but eventually everyone will get accustomed to it.

"It feels weird coming to work, putting another jersey on. It definitely feels weird, but it's exciting weird," Charles said. "I'm excited about the new chapter. I'm excited about what's ahead of me, and we'll go from there. I'm just excited."
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-04c6c95863a1

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Charles seems to be settling in here. He's already doing volunteer work with the Special Olympics in Denver. He talks a bit about his new team too (and there's a good picture of him in his new orange jersey):

Mark my word's, Charles will be healthy and will put up big numbers. And He will get an 1 year extension once elway sees that he is still elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They are all saying "he's washed up! He can't stay healthy!" Telling themselves over and over. Wait till he shows he can still play.

Then the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins. He might not be welcome in KC anymore if he scores a TD against the Chiefs in KC! I'd give it to him in the red zone just to see their reaction!
    I was on a chief's forum and one chief fan said he was listening to a local sport's radio show and heard that Charles is 100% healthy and his legs are stronger than they ever been, he said kc made a big mistake letting Charles walk and he's even more torn about Charles thrashing the chief's twice this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

From the above article, I found the following interesting:

Just one thing excites him more: the work he did after the day's football duties were complete.

That's when Charles returned to familiar ground by volunteering with the Special Olympics at the Broncos' Play 60 All-Ability Clinic, held inside the Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse.

Few things are closer to Charles' heart. While growing up in Port Arthur, Texas, Charles competed in the Special Olympics, winning gold medals in track-and-field events 21 years ago.
    I had no idea he competed in Special Olympics, so I found this 2015 article

At the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics in Los Angeles on Saturday night, Jamaal Charles initiated proceedings with a touching story about his own struggles with a learning disability.

The Kansas City Chiefs running back said he felt helpless as a young kid, but once he competed and won a gold medal in track and field at the Special Olympics, it gave him a newfound bout of confidence.

“I was afraid. I was lost. I had trouble reading. I found out I had a learning disability. People made fun of me. They said I would never go anywhere. But I learned I can fly. When I was 10 years I had the chance to compete in the Special Olympics. The Special Olympics gave me my first chance to discover a talent I did not know I had.”
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/jama...ecial-olympics

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Good find. I was unaware that he had a learning disability. I love people that can overcome that. Should be a great inspiration for Bolles in that respect

8. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

All-Ability Clinic hits home for Jamaal Charles
    Broncos TV's Matt Boyer explains why Broncos RB Jamaal Charles holds a personal connection to events like the Play 60 All-Ability Clinic, and how he and his teammates turned out in great numbers to support Special Olympics Colorado.

video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d-456981c40c3d

A lot of Bronco players were there today

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-bb926c75e648

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Yes very good.character guy, so easy to root for.this guy, wish he was a bronco his entire career. As much as I hated the chiefs I always respected Charles because he was undeniably a monster on the field.

Good find. I was unaware that he had a learning disability. I love people that can overcome that. Should be a great inspiration for Bolles in that respect
    Leary said bolles has already got much of the playbook down and said it suprised him, said bolles is a grown man at 25 and he goes about his business very mature. He's going to develop into a top 7 LT in his rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Leary said bolles has already got much of the playbook down and said it suprised him, said bolles is a grown man at 25 and he goes about his business very mature.
    This part is correct, and it is encouraging.

"He's going to develop into a top 7 LT in his rookie year." That part is a wild leap onto the planet Neptune.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_971875_26647483_3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	10503

Contract details for Charles, from Klis:

KUSA - KUSA—Details of Jamaal Charles’ one-year contract with the Denver Broncos have been obtained by 9NEWS.

Some of the key new information: He gets a $250,000 bonus if he makes the Broncos’ season-opening 53-man roster.

He also gets a $78,125 bonus each time he dresses on the game-day, 46-man roster.

Previously reported by 9NEWS was Charles’ $100,000 workout bonus – the only guaranteed portion of his deal – and a 9-year veteran minimum $900,000 base salary.

To summarize:

*If Charles doesn’t make the Broncos’ roster because his surgically repaired knee doesn’t come around as hoped, he receives $100,000, not to mention peace of mind knowing he gave it everything he had.

*If he makes it to the Broncos’ season opener against the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday night, Sept. 11, he is assured of making $1,328,125. ($100,000 in workout bonus; $900,000 in salary; a one-time, $250,000 bonus for making the team; and a $78,125 game-day bonus).

*If he plays all 16 games, he will make $2.5 million. ($78,125 roster bonus times 16 for $1.25 million; $900,000 salary, $100,000 workout bonus; $250,000 bonus for making the 53.)

*Charles can also make an additional $1.25 million in incentives based on individual and team performances. His first incentive threshold is 500 all-purpose yards. His $1.25 million incentive package is maximized if he reaches 1,000 all-purpose yards and the Broncos make the playoffs.

That’s doable. So if all goes well for the Broncos and Charles this season, he will make $3.75 million.

This is what is known as a win-win deal. If Charles can stay healthy and contribute and the Broncos make the playoffs, he doesn’t have to be the superstar Jamaal Charles of 2012-14 to make $3.75 million.

If it’s determined Charles’ knee – which underwent surgeries to repair a meniscus tear last year and ACL tear in 2015 – won’t hold up to the strain of playing NFL running back, the Broncos are only out $100,000.

Better believe the Broncos are hoping to pay him $3.75 million.
    http://www.9news.com/sports/jamaal-c...ides/440777692

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Well, he did play for KC. Is that the same thing?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information