Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Kelly Sports Science

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Chad Kelly played for two teams in college, both in the Top 5 for worst offenses on the planet. It wasn't just his attitude and injury that made him drop, he's got a long way to go to be ready for the NFL.
    You don't recall this season ?https://youtu.be/Vwe058J5Muk

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    You don't recall this season ?https://youtu.be/Vwe058J5Muk
    I recall Mississippi having a shit offense, ask Vikings what they think of how prepared players are coming out of Freeze's POS system.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

I recall Mississippi having a shit offense, ask Vikings what they think of how prepared players are coming out of Freeze's POS system.
    Chad Kelly in that offense put up 43 pts two years in a row against Alabama....beating them one of those two close games...I think thats noteworthy.

Oh.....and he had the best offense in school history, broke a bunch of records. Both Archie and Eli played there.
    Last edited by WARHORSE; 05-01-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

4. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Only defense i might add on his pocket presence is that he rarely had a pocket to throw from. The positive side of his negatives is that they are all coachable.

Not trying to make a comparison, but this is like reading a Brett Favre analysis.
    What's Kelly's arm talent like? I can't recall watching him play.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 04-30-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What's Kelly's arm talent like? I can't recall watching him play?
    Supposedly, it's excellent. Rumor is he had the strongest in this class. Perhaps he got his uncle's genes. Maybe McCoy should run the K-gun offense.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Whats worse.... an over confident QB? or one who is afraid to throw it?
    Someone who take too many sack or throws too many INTs? INTs are worse because at least taking a sack allows you the opportunity to punt the ball away in order that you O isn't putting their D in a bad place.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What's Kelly's arm talent like? I can't recall watching him play.
    https://youtu.be/Vwe058J5Muk watch and see for yourself my brotha.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Chad Kelly in that offense put up 43 pts two years in a row against Alabama....beating them one of those two close games...I think thats noteworthy.
    Laquon Treadwell put up 1 catch for 15 yards last year after the Vikings made him the 23rd pick in the draft...also noteworthy.

Stefon Diggs destroyed it as a rookie the year before.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 05-01-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

Laquon Treadwell put up 1 catch for 15 yards last year after the Vikings made him the 23rd pick in the draft...also noteworthy.

Stefon Diggs destroyed it as a rookie the year before.
    A. Treadwell was overrated to begin with
    B. Mike Zimmer brings rookies on slowly
    C. Sam Bradford was the QB

All have to ne taken into consideration

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    In that kind of setting just about any QB can be accurate. I think the problems for Chad is when he is in a live game environment and the pocket starts to disappear. The negatives all seem to be about the same for him in terms of his actual play (not including off the field and attitude problems);

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-broncos-pick

Kelly is a little bit of a backyard football player—opting to scramble around and make plays instead of making the easy play. He will look to be the hero instead of playing possession football. Kelly can miss big at times—both high and low—because he’s so rarely playing from the pocket and going through an actual delivery. Ball placement gets off, and he’ll struggle to get back in a rhythm.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...lly?id=2557869

Struggles to maintain early success after halftime defensive adjustments. Completed just 2-of-12 deep shots down the left sideline in 2016. Under-throws some deep balls when trying to pass with touch. Inconsistent air under the ball. Saw interception percentage skyrocket when throwing to left side of the field. Woeful on back-shoulder fades. When pressure heads his way, he tucks and scoots rather than stands and delivers. Has random bouts of inaccuracy on wide receiver screens and outs. Throws nose-dive on move throws. Inconsistent working through progressions. Fails to see wide-open receivers, opting instead to make his job harder. Mind appears to be racing at times.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...y-qb-ole-miss/

Biggest concerns:

• Believes in his arm too much
    • Struggles to see defenders in front of the throw at times
    • Poor decision-maker late in the down
    • Operates best with half-field reads; does not show patience in the pocket needed for pure-progression, full-field reads
    • Tries to make “hero” throws too often
    • Lacks pocket discipline when forced to play off rhythm

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...522/chad-kelly

Frenetic footwork and weight distribution in his release, relying on his arm. Stubborn decision-maker and has the bad habit of pre-determining his throws, staring down targets and not making the correct post-snap reads. Excessively confident in his arm strength and too willing to force passes into heavy coverage. Hot/cold pocket awareness, leading to panic moments

Much of the criticism of Kelly's collegiate game are the same criticisms that were made on John Elway's pro game early on.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Only defense i might add on his pocket presence is that he rarely had a pocket to throw from. The positive side of his negatives is that they are all coachable.

Not trying to make a comparison, but this is like reading a Brett Favre analysis.
    That's true, but remember Brett Favre was a once in a lifetime kind of player - a gunslinger who actually became a Hall of Fame QB.

It's always a mistake to mention a 7th round scrub in the same sentence with a Hall of Famer. People might think you were making a comparison between them, when there is no comparison. One guy's expected to be a practice squad scrub, the other has a bust in Canton.

The Broncos already have 2 developmental QBs and assuming one of them takes the starting job, there is little room on the roster for the 3rd QB to get any reps. So, his development is going to be a long one, and it might not even be on the Broncos that he gets his chance - if he ever does.

For a QB to get selected in the 7th round, that means every NFL team thinks he's a scrub who will never be a reliable starter in the NFL - or he would be drafted much higher. I'm not saying he CAN'T do it, but it's unlikely that he ever will.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's true, but remember Brett Favre was a once in a lifetime kind of player - a gunslinger who actually became a Hall of Fame QB.

It's always a mistake to mention a 7th round scrub in the same sentence with a Hall of Famer. People might think you were making a comparison between them, when there is no comparison. One guy's expected to be a practice squad scrub, the other has a bust in Canton.

The Broncos already have 2 developmental QBs and assuming one of them takes the starting job, there is little room on the roster for the 3rd QB to get any reps. So, his development is going to be a long one, and it might not even be on the Broncos that he gets his chance - if he ever does.

For a QB to get selected in the 7th round, that means every NFL team thinks he's a scrub who will never be a reliable starter in the NFL - or he would be drafted much higher. I'm not saying he CAN'T do it, but it's unlikely that he ever will.
    Trevor Siemian says hello.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just a reminder, when Jaded says a college team ran a shit offense, he's not talking about how good the offense was. He's talking about whether or not they use the shotgun.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Just a reminder, when Jaded says a college team ran a shit offense, he's not talking about how good the offense was. He's talking about whether or not they use the shotgun.
    And how that offense prepares players for a real offense.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

A. Treadwell was overrated to begin with
    B. Mike Zimmer brings rookies on slowly
    C. Sam Bradford was the QB

All have to ne taken into consideration
    A. My point exactly.
    B. I think Stefon Diggs played for Zimmer the year before .
    C. Bradford is still well regarded in the NFL community.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information