Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Kelly Sports Science

I feel the same way as im rooting for Chad Kelly because he does have actual talent and mainly because he's a bronco. Between him and Lynch talent wise are easily our most capable franchise quarterbacks if they figure it out. I also feel the same way Brian billick feels when he says trev is a good back up and will be great in the film roomIf with whoever is the the starter whether its lynch or kelly or someone we draft next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I followed him pretty closely being from Mississippi, and I think the dude is a total shit head. Maybe he'll grow up, and I hope for our sake he does, but that would require a bunch of fundamental changes on his part. I guess we'll see
    Hopefully falling to Mr irrelevant humbles him a bit. For all the hot shot persona he thought he had the league said you are irrelevant until proven otherwise.

I followed him pretty closely being from Mississippi, and I think the dude is a total shit head. Maybe he'll grow up, and I hope for our sake he does, but that would require a bunch of fundamental changes on his part. I guess we'll see
    What was your reaction when we took him? Is your tv safe or did your toss your remote through it?

We now have two QB's who are talented with this pick. I love it. This guy could be the next Favre or Stafford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    What was your reaction when we took him? Is your tv safe or did your toss your remote through it?
    Haha wasn't actually watching at the time so I got the notification later. It was more shock than anything.

Haha wasn't actually watching at the time so I got the notification later. It was more shock than anything.
    I think this guy is the truth, Wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Kelly has the potential and physical talent to be a franchise-esque guy. Just like Paxton, he has the uncoachable physical traits to make the defense defend every blade of grass. With him, it's all about GAF. If he can act like a mature professional and put in the work, he could give PL and TS a run for their money. If he doesn't, he's a 7th round pick. I love the pick. Lots of potential reward with very little risk.

Also, he doesnt have to be great right away. It's not like he was a 1st round pick that we're banking the franchise on. He has some time to grow up and learn to be a professional without the pressure of being "the guy" like Cutler and Leaf had. Nobody, outside of the coaching staff, will be shitting on him if he plays badly or doesn't do well at practice. I think early pressure on young, immature players is the #1 reason they fail or revert to bad habits they had before.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

After further review I think Chad kelly is our future franchise quarterback. Something just kept clawing at me study him more and more and got damn it if I didnt come to the conclusion that this is the guy, this guy is Brett Favre all over again.

Unless Paxton takes off and then we have kelly to trade for a first.

One thing for sure is there is noway a guy as limited as trev can escape beating out two of the most physically gifted talents in the league. Writing is on the wall for trev guy's even if he does win the job this year. This pick of kelly clearly says elway and company are looking for a guy who has ALL the tool's. If they had drafted some guy with a meh arm with game manager potential then I'd feel different but they keep drafting big arm/mobile quarterbacks who wants to attack down the field.

Adopted Bronco:

I look at it this way. Siemian was drafted in the 7th and no one cared. We all figured him to be camp fodder and PS depth. If Kelly ends up that way...so be it. But if he follows that route of Siemian and becomes our starter (although one with much more skill), then we got lucky.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I like Kelly a lot. He would have been picked much higher if he hadn't gotten injured.

Reminds me of Cutler actually, which might be a dirty word around here, but as a 7th rounder that's some damn good upside.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I look at it this way. Siemian was drafted in the 7th and no one cared. We all figured him to be camp fodder and PS depth. If Kelly ends up that way...so be it. But if he follows that route of Siemian and becomes our starter (although one with much more skill), then we got lucky.
    Difference between the two is one is a legit 2nd round talent and all the tools and the other doesn't. Kelly isn't your average 7th round pick to me. I think the.Broncos could very well be laughing straight to the bank once we get to see kelly in camp and pre season. I think he's been humbled and has a chil on his shoulder to make everyone regret not giving him a shot. Paxton and Trev better put in the work or else both could very well be battling for the back up role in a year.

https://youtu.be/Vwe058J5Muk

Chad kelly highlights

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Chad Kelly played for two teams in college, both in the Top 5 for worst offenses on the planet. It wasn't just his attitude and injury that made him drop, he's got a long way to go to be ready for the NFL.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

His junior year he had 31 passing touchdown and 10 rushing touchdowns. If there was another player who did that in the sec then more power to them and who are they?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information