Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Denver Broncos- Demarcus Walker

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Beg all you want, he is slow off the ball too often. You want to see that Von Miller type top fuel dragster explosion off the line...he has it sometimes but other times he's not fast twitch enough.
    If you watch tape of this cat, when he pins his ears back he is an extremely disruptive force.

On many plays Ive seen, he doesnt come off the ball that way and that is either a motor issue, be it being in shape or desire, or scheme.

But if we simply tell him......"Go rape the QB".......its not gonna be a fast twitch issue at all because this dude can move with power and speed.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Beg all you want, he is slow off the ball too often. You want to see that Von Miller type top fuel dragster explosion off the line...he has it sometimes but other times he's not fast twitch enough.
    He is 280 pounds lol, if everyone could have von miller ability then he wouldn't be one of a kind. Besides von is 250 and like I said waller is 280. Re watch the film or something. Walker get off and quickness is unbelievable for a 280 pound man.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think his best bet is to do what Malik did and bulk up to 290. His athleticism will be best utilized between the tackles. He's just not an edge guy like Miller or Ray, but that's ok, that's not what we need him to be.
    And he wasn't drafted to be a edge rusher, in situations he might be but joe woods on the phone with him said can you stop the run and get me 10 sacks this year? Walker is going to be playing inside, outside of certain packages. At FSU he played inside most the time and outside often because they run a multiple formations front 7. When he puts on another 10 pounds making him even stouter vs the run his going to be even more dominant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    He is 280 pounds lol, if everyone could have von miller ability then he wouldn't be one of a kind. Besides von is 250 and like I said waller is 280. Re watch the film or something. Walker get off and quickness is unbelievable for a 280 pound man.
    He's a beast but not consistently explosive off the ball. I don't need to rewatch. You watch the film session I shared #18 in this thread, and explain why Voch is wrong the many times he comments that homeboy is slow off the snap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    If you watch tape of this cat, when he pins his ears back he is an extremely disruptive force.

On many plays Ive seen, he doesnt come off the ball that way and that is either a motor issue, be it being in shape or desire, or scheme.

But if we simply tell him......"Go rape the QB".......its not gonna be a fast twitch issue at all because this dude can move with power and speed.
    I like him.

We should all strive for perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

https://youtu.be/D_nZanLqxAw

240-246 is just nasty! That quick shake and then just throws a big ass guard away from him and then explodes into the quarterback. Lol im so hype to see our front 7 this year. It's going to be unfair when the pressure is coming from the interior just as much as it's coming from the.edges with von Ray and Barrett. Thing's are going to get very dark for opposing offenses.

Having such a dominant front 7 will speed the development of our young OL as well, they are not going to face any front 7 like there own teammates have to offer day in day out in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    And he wasn't drafted to be a edge rusher, in situations he might be but joe woods on the phone with him said can you stop the run and get me 10 sacks this year? Walker is going to be playing inside, outside of certain packages. At FSU he played inside most the time and outside often because they run a multiple formations front 7. When he puts on another 10 pounds making him even stouter vs the run his going to be even more dominant.
    What the Broncos have been missing since Malik Jackson signed with Jacksonville is an edge pass rusher. They have DTs already.

VJ said he can play both positions, and that's why they liked him. But, scouting reports agree he's more of an inside guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    What the Broncos have been missing since Malik Jackson signed with Jacksonville is an edge pass rusher. They have DTs already.

VJ said he can play both positions, and that's why they liked him. But, scouting reports agree he's more of an inside guy.
    The broncos have been missing an edge rusher since there defensive end left for Jacksonville? This makes zero sense, Malik wasn't a edge rusher, he was bringing it to guard's and centers, and he rarely if ever lined up outside as walker has the ability to do. Malik was a beast collapsing the pocket with prrssure up the gut, just like walker will do.

The Broncos have NTs and RE/LE. In a 4-3 some of these guy's would be DTs but 4-3 body DTs are considered 3-4 REs and LEs.

And we just got depth this off season, last year we were super thin on the DL, this year we are 6-7 deep.

Voch did a decent job of analyzing Walker in this film session.

I finally watched 2/3 of it. I now understand what you're saying. He does have a tendency to be slow off the snap. It's not a muscle twitch issue, but a timing issue which can be coached.

This Voch dude is a kick in the pants. I can see why you like him.

I liked the Mississippi tape because it gave me a chance to look at Kelly too. This could potentially be the best draft Elway has had.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I saw this random little Twitter exchange before. This sounds like a guy who has his head on straight. He's coming in to the locker room with respect for the veterans. I like that. I can't comment on his taste in shoes, though:

DeMarcus Walker‏ @livinglegend_44 1h1 hour ago

Does anyone know someone who could help me get a pair of yeezys?

Mike Johnson‏ @Broncosfan1915
    Replying to @livinglegend_44

Von Miller would be your guy

DeMarcus Walker‏ @livinglegend_44 1h1 hour ago

DeMarcus Walker Retweeted Mike Johnson

Gotta earn these guys respect before I ask for stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Can he help us against the run? That's much more pressing than the pass rush - getting a pass rush from the line is important- right now.
    They have Pecko for run stuffing. At the RDE they hope that Gotsis will be healthy and become the player they wanted to draft. What Walker provides that nobody on the DL outside Wolf has is the ability to slip inside and generate inside pass-rush pressure.

That is what made the Broncos defense so formidable in 2015 and what it lacked last year. I don't know that he'll be that guy in year one, but he can certainly make an impact if he does.

Teams were double-teaming and triple teaming Von Miller once they figured out that DeMarcus was done physically and they had nothing to fear. He got 0 sacks in his last few games because of it.

Changing that situation requires multiple threats. One - Shane Ray needs to become the double-digit sack guy he's capable of being. It's his job now. Two - this frees Von from some of the attention he's getting. Then Three - you get a guy who is capable of coming in on third down pass-rushing situations and generating inside pressure?

That's a bad bad situation for opposing offenses.

I'm not concerned that he's not a big beefy run stuffing guy right now. They have those players now in Pecko & Pecko at NT. In his first year they're not going to leave him out there every down. They're going to bring him along and let him learn first. Then they hope in the second half of the year he gets more and more comfortable with his role.

I think almost everybody the Broncos picked up this off-season they have a ROLE in mind for that player, like fitting in pieces of a puzzle. And Jamaal Charles is the crowning piece.

EDIT: After watching the film of him, yes, he's sometimes slow off the ball. But, he's not playing 90% of the defensive snaps for the Broncos. He should be completely energized every play he gets. He's decent in run support too. Obviously, these are college OL not NLF veterans. But, once he gets in the weight room, he'll be fine there too.

Overall, just watching this guy, he's a steal in the late 2nd round. He probably is what the analyst says: a late 1st round, early 2nd round guy. Well, if he had better tape he would never have been there when the Broncos drafted. So, overall a guy with real potential.

Not a complete player yet, but you don't expect that from a rookie. I'm encouraged.
    Last edited by Cugel; 05-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

What does this kid have to do to remain active for the remainder of the year?

He just can't seem to get healthy.

It was such a nice pick at the time - legitimate first round talent who slide down a bit. It should have worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information