Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Denver Broncos- Garett Bolles

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Sometimes you do, but you also have to have enough discipline to not hurt your team. Okung hurt the team a lot last year with stupid costly penalties...Bolles needs to get that crap under control yesterday and make sure that he doesn't cost this team games with stupid freaking penalties on the line.
    Most of his penalties were the start of the year....hus first year in division I college football. He settled down as the year went on.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Sometimes you do, but you also have to have enough discipline to not hurt your team. Okung hurt the team a lot last year with stupid costly penalties...Bolles needs to get that crap under control yesterday and make sure that he doesn't cost this team games with stupid freaking penalties on the line.
    Imagine a LT who gets penalties for whipping someone's ass and who can block. Then imagine Okung...existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Malik Jackson took stupid penalties. He also set the tone and the defense was noticeably less nasty without him last year. I wouldn't mind that kind of nasty and attitude on the oline....as long as it is controlled. Our offense has had no identity for years.

6. The Following 11 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I saw in bolles what i wanted from a top OT prospect. Pancaking lesser players. Blowing up defenders. I did not see this from other tackles. Reason this guy was a fast riser for only 1 year in D1 ball.

Let's trade up in the second and take Cam Robinson, too.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Much rather have lamp

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

I love his attitude. Seems like a guy who's been through a lot and turned his life around. I don't know if he's going to be great, but I think he'll be at least good, which is more than I can say for most of our o-line. The nastiness will help bring some swagger to everyone around him.

13. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Technique and hand usage were the main cause for the penalties. I have faith that Davidson will fix that.
    That and a few late hit penalties because he is a badass mother******...
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

15. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I coyld nit find it but did he ever get a penality for unnecessary roughness or anything like that? Or keep temperment in check?

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Interestingly, Jeff Legwold says that as of about a week ago Ramczyk was the highest-rated tackle on their board. "They wanted to take someone they knew for sure would be ready for training camp." Bolles is healthier and more athletic, and Elway says Bolles also has the higher ceiling (which is probably true). I wouldn't want all my OL to have injury issues, and late in the draft process those injury concerns come to bear.

I'm good with it. Let Bolles try to be an under-control athletic monster and then refine him as we go.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I coyld nit find it but did he ever get a penality for unnecessary roughness or anything like that? Or keep temperment in check?
    Most of his early penalties were offsides. He got some "block in the back" stuff, and he will lay a dude out with a crackback block if he can get away with it, but having watched Denver's "dirty" OL that won titles, I'm not unhappy with a guy who purposefully wants to go right up to the line.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

20. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    That would be awesome having two bookends at the tackle spots, however I'm looking for a tight end or RB in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    That would be awesome having two bookends at the tackle spots, however I'm looking for a tight end or RB in round 2.
    **** it - let's be a younger and less expensive version of the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    We haven't had luck with RB's in the second anyway (or really anyone in the second...) I'd rather we grab someone like lamp and continue bolstering our line. Screw it, like Kinger said...Let's be come the dollar store version of the Cowboys o-line and start some domination up in here!

We haven't had luck with RB's in the second anyway (or really anyone in the second...) I'd rather we grab someone like lamp and continue bolstering our line. Screw it, like Kinger said...Let's be come the dollar store version of the Cowboys o-line and start some domination up in here!
    I think we're only allowed to agree four times a year....this is getting dangerous!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information