Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2017 Draftday(s) Thread: 04/27-04/29

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Broncos 2017 Draftday(s) Thread: 04/27-04/29

Who will the broncos pick?

How many people will watch more than 5 minutes of the Draft?

Who will get really excited about an UFA rookie only to forget about him 3 days later?

Who will be the first long snapper drafted?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

I plan to watch as much as possible
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hey, I'm thinking about hitting a local sportsbar if any of you townies on the south side wanna grab some beverages. Plans are open so PM or hit me in the thread here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think Reuben Foster is going to be the next Bronco.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I think Reuben Foster is going to be the next Bronco.

That would be a splash I would thoroughly enjoy.

It would mean we move up for sure which I think will happen....Broncos arent bringing in 10 players. I think we move from our spot.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

It really doesn't mean we move up at all, plenty mocks have Reuben going after we pick, if he slips the way some expect him too because of the urine sample at the combine he will be right there at 20.

It's finally here though, time to start getting better this evening! 3 of the picks are in round 7 so we really don't have this ton of picks like some people think. They'll be lucky if one of the 3 7 rounders stick. Besides the Broncos do have alpt of holes, I'm not falling into the trap of thinking we are just a couple of pieces away when we have holes at WR, need 2 TE, need another RB, ILB, and they definitely need to take about 3 swings on the OL. We need every last one of the actual 7 picks we have, of course I say 7 because the final 3 are all in round 7 and nobody is kicking down the door for those picks and it's smarter to swing on all 3 and hope 1 sticks. It is time for elway to draft 7-8 guy's who contributes or ends up contributing after striking out on so many picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I will watch tonight and tomorrow, looking forward to drafting high and trading Paxton......

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    It really doesn't mean we move up at all, plenty mocks have Reuben going after we pick, if he slips the way some expect him too because of the urine sample at the combine he will be right there at 20.
    Yeah, I have him going to Broncos at 20. He could land to a few other teams earlier, probably should, but he didn't when I looked at it as closely as I could. I looked at it with very risk-averse perspective as GM--go with what helps you win now, is a solid pick, and so on. Could go to Bengals, that one makes a lot of sense. Then again to Saints or Indy. Then there is this scrum of value meets impact near the middle of the round. It's close. Hard to know how much they are concerned with the shoulder.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I've done an about-face on the tackle position. I really felt like okay most of these guys aren't as talented as in years past or actually not necessarily I think all three of them are very talented but they have big red flags and limited starter experience for Ryan and Garrett. But the thing that really became clear to me as I evaluated in the past few days was this draft is full of Playmakers on both sides of the ball so if you know you can get value at running back in round 3 and Round 4 and you can pick up a slot receiver like Dede Westbrook on the second or third day then you may have to go tackle early because there is nothing after the first two rounds to be excited about.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

As much as I want Foster I wouldn't be surprised if the pick is one of the tackles. For reason you just stated, however is ty sambrello is as big and strong as coaches and Denver report's say he is now then elway may just allow his 2nd round pick too have a shot at LT as he was just drafted 2 years ago to be. And I wouldn't be mad at that because I'm about tired of striking out in rounds 2 and 3. Ty always had the talent he just wasn't ready and the injuries stopped him from being able to lift and get stronger, it's impossible to lift when your elbow is ruined lol.

We will know by this evening what the front office and staff thinks of Ty. If there's no Robinson or bolles or Ryan @ 20 then ty it is! And I will absolutely roll with it because I still want to give the kid a shot. Technique can be taught, he has the ability, but he was just weak as ever to be playing against grown men.

The NFL pass rushers are damn near super natural, we have the best in Von Miller and when you see Miller throw and flip a guy like kelce with ONE ARM it just shows you the type of animal you're dealing with in the pro's. Whoever the tackles are going to be will surely be battle tested facing Miller, Ray, Barrett, so the coaches will have an idea of how decent or how terrible out edge blockers will be early.
    Last edited by DT88TheGreat; 04-27-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Hey, I'm thinking about hitting a local sportsbar if any of you townies on the south side wanna grab some beverages. Plans are open so PM or hit me in the thread here.
    I'll be in Boise watching. I'll chat with you here bro!

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'll be in Boise watching. I'll chat with you here bro!
    werd

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I wonder if FaninAZ is having a draft party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

(Almost) Anyone here in New Orleans is welcome to come watch at my place.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information