Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Guys You'd Draft in Rounds 1 and 2

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Top 5 Guys You'd Draft in Rounds 1 and 2

Round 1 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Reuben Foster
    2. Haasan Reddick
    3. O.J.Howard
    4. McCaffrey
    5. Engram

Round 2 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Engram
    2. Shaheen
    3. Mixon
    4. Garcia
    5. Malik McDowell
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Round 1-
    Foster
    Reddick
    Howard
    McCaffrey
    Bolles

Round 2-
    Tomlinson
    Jones
    Cunningham
    Samuel
    Dawkins

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

r1

McCaffrey
    Barnett
    Foster
    Howard
    Reddick

r2

Ross
    Njoku
    Peppers
    Ramczyk
    Mixon

Probably not there, but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Might be more interesting if everyone picked players tgat might actually be available when Denver is on the board.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Might be more interesting if everyone picked players tgat might actually be available when Denver is on the board.
    Any of those players are possible at 15 which is where our third would put us if we traded it. Read the first post.
    Last edited by WARHORSE; 04-26-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You don't think any of these will be available at 20? Not one?

McCaffrey
    Barnett
    Foster
    Howard
    Reddick

Is this wagerable?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Feel free to post your own list while you're complaining about the ones on here.

9. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Round 1 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Reuben Foster
    2. Haasan Reddick
    3. O.J.Howard
    4. McCaffrey
    5. Engram

Round 2 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Engram
    2. Shaheen
    3. Mixon
    4. Garcia
    5. Malik McDowell
    I would be fine with these picks. I think Foster may be falling due to injury concerns about his shoulder. He might not be able to take the field if he needs a second surgery until week 6 or later.

Well, maybe, but he'd be an impact player for years to come. Long after people have forgotten the draft, they would be saying "Broncos LB Reuben Foster just came out of nowhere on that play to punch the ball out." That won't grow old. The NFL player I've heard Foster compared with is Patrick Willis. If that is even partially accurate you'd be getting a hell of a player!

But if Foster's shoulder injury has teams leery of taking him as high as 20, then Reddick would be a good substitute:

Strengths Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Great flexibility with loose hips to turn, twist, and chase. Excellent reactive quickness and change-of-direction agility. Dynamic playmaker in space. Locks onto targets and instantly accelerates to the ball. Finished 2016 regular season with 21.5 tackles for loss. Fluid mover around field. Has chase range over extended territory. Eyes work past blockers and into backfield. Slips and slides around the edge and through small creases. Always working feet into improved positioning after contact. Came in as a defensive back and has experience on all three levels. Has athleticism in space and necessary instincts to be legit cover talent as linebacker. Rushes with good bend and forward lean. Difficult to handle on tackle/end twists back inside. Turns corner with tight track to quarterback once he pries the edge open.

Weaknesses Undersized by NFL standards for position he's currently playing. Labors to disengage once size is on top of him. Will need more play strength to ward off NFL blockers. Improving with hands, but needs to continue technique work to control blockers. Lacks necessary bulk, length, and play strength to set a strong edge as an NFL 3-4 outside linebacker. Marginal speed-to-power ability. Connects and sticks to tackles when trying to bull-rush under their pads. Pass rush reliant upon athletic talent and cursory hand play. Needs more diversified rush plans. Slides off of too many tackles. Missed 16 tackles over final two seasons at Temple. Needs to chest-up and run feet through contact. Played in fewer than 70 percent of team's defensive snaps.
    Since the Broncos wouldn't be drafting him as an outside LB, many of these perceived weaknesses would be unimportant. The Broncos have enough outside pass-rushers, they'd be drafting him to play inside and be a physical presence in the middle of the field. He has really good coverage skills and a good reach. He might be a better cover LB than Foster. Used to be a DB so he has good acceleration. As for labouring to shed blockers, that's the job of the DL, to keep blockers from getting to the second level and engaging the LBs, thus leaving Von Miller & Co. free to make plays.
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-26-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I would be fine with these picks. I think Foster may be falling due to injury concerns about his shoulder. He might not be able to take the field if he needs a second surgery until week 6 or later.

Well, maybe, but he'd be an impact player for years to come. Long after people have forgotten the draft, they would be saying "Broncos LB Reuben Foster just came out of nowhere on that play to punch the ball out." That won't grow old. But if Foster's shoulder injury has teams leery of taking him as high as 20, then Reddick would be a good substitute:

Since the Broncos wouldn't be drafting him as an outside LB, many of these perceived weaknesses would be unimportant. The Broncos have enough outside pass-rushers, they'd be drafting him to play inside and be a physical presence in the middle of the field. He has really good coverage skills and a good reach. He might be a better cover LB than Foster. Used to be a DB so he has good acceleration. As for labouring to shed blockers, that's the job of the DL, to keep blockers from getting to the second level and engaging the LBs, thus leaving Von Miller & Co. free to make plays.
    This team would be a great fit for Foster. A great fit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'd save my draft pick, sit tight at #20 and take the best LT prospect on the board or, if I was convinced there's little different in the top three and all three are there, I'd listen to trade-down offers.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Christian Mc
    Reuben Foster
    Cam Robinson
    Forrest Lamp
    Derek Barnett

Alvin Kamara
    Jarrad Davis
    Chidobe Awuzie
    Zach Cunningham
    Dalvin Tomlinson
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You don't think any of these will be available at 20? Not one?

McCaffrey
    Barnett
    Foster
    Howard
    Reddick

Is this wagerable?
    Just an opinion, but I think at least 4 of them are gone well before 20.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Feel free to post your own list while you're complaining about the ones on here.
    Not sure I'd call it complaining. But sure...I'll throw out a more realistic list (in my opinion) of guys that could be available at our spots and fill needs.

Round 1
    OT - Bolles/Ramczyk/Robinson
    TE - Njoku
    DL - McDowell
    ILB - Davis/Cunnnigham
    RB - Cook

Round 2
    TE - Engram/Hodges
    RB - Mixon
    DL - Tomlinson
    OL - Moton/Dawkins
    CB - Sidney Jones

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

1. Mcaffrey
    2. Mcaffrey
    3. Mcaffrey
    4. Mcaffrey
    5. Mcaffrey

Not sure I'd call it complaining. But sure...I'll throw out a more realistic list (in my opinion) of guys that could be available at our spots and fill needs.

Round 1
    OT - Bolles/Ramczyk/Robinson
    TE - Njoku
    DL - McDowell
    ILB - Davis/Cunnnigham
    RB - Cook

Round 2
    TE - Engram/Hodges
    RB - Mixon
    DL - Tomlinson
    OL - Moton/Dawkins
    CB - Sidney Jones
    That's 8 guys you listed for round 1. Some folks just can't play by the rules. Seriously though, are the tackles you listed in order of preference or alphabetical order, or both?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information