Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Minicamp notes / pressers

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I heard this presser live. Talib is hilarious. I'm so happy he's on this team.
    Dude is a freaking riot and everyone on the team respects him. I hear people suggesting we trade him and I just laugh.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Some more pressers from today - Chris Harris:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr likes what sees from D. "We have that juice.. That pep in our step back" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

@ChrisHarrisJr on the loud music at practice "Our new coach is hip" he said with a laugh. Said playlist was probably Pandora @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7s8 seconds ago

@ChrisHarrisJr praised Champ Bailey. Said admired his technique and that never missed a day of work @DenverChannel

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Emmanuel Sanders:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Emmanuel Sanders said sees a lot of 2014 offense in new attack. "And that offense was wide receiver heaven" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos @ESanders_10 told me having that third weapon in red zone could be huge to open routes for he and DT @DenverChannel

#Broncos @ESanders_10 on what was thinking when drafted "when is that check going to hit my bank account. Just keeping it real"

6. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Some more pressers from today - Chris Harris:

#Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr likes what sees from D. "We have that juice.. That pep in our step back" @DenverChannel

@ChrisHarrisJr on the loud music at practice "Our new coach is hip" he said with a laugh. Said playlist was probably Pandora @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7s8 seconds ago

@ChrisHarrisJr praised Champ Bailey. Said admired his technique and that never missed a day of work @DenverChannel
    Vance Joseph juice talk seems to be spreading amongst the player's.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Vance Joseph juice talk seems to be spreading amongst the player's.
    Yup, players seem to be buying into what he's selling and that's for sure important for this year to be a success. He wasn't my original choice, but I think he's going to be a really good choice for us in the long run.

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Von Miller:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos @Millerlite40 said Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett ready to step up. Said D holds itself accountable @Broncos

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 56s56 seconds ago

@Millerlite40 will be honored as Colorado Male Athlete of the Year tomorrow: He said "it's huge" and wants to enjoy these moments.

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 9s9 seconds ago

Von said he remembers the relationships he made on draft weekend most. Does he wish he went No.1? "Super Bowl 50 MVP, right? I'm good."

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yup, players seem to be buying into what he's selling and that's for sure important for this year to be a success. He wasn't my original choice, but I think he's going to be a really good choice for us in the long run.
    Word up.

Word up.
    I was just having a discussion with a buddy of mine. He made the point that he needs to make good use of being a "leader of men" because he's not an X and O's guy, but really as long as he's not exerting control he doesn't have to be, he just has to get the player to buy in and give 100 percent. McCoy (as much as I'm not a fan of him) is a great X and O's guy, as are many on this coaching staff. As long as he leads the players and lets the coaches worry about the X's and O's, we're going to have a fantastic year.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I was just having a discussion with a buddy of mine. He made the point that he needs to make good use of being a "leader of men" because he's not an X and O's guy, but really as long as he's not exerting control he doesn't have to be, he just has to get the player to buy in and give 100 percent. McCoy (as much as I'm not a fan of him) is a great X and O's guy, as are many on this coaching staff. As long as he leads the players and lets the coaches worry about the X's and O's, we're going to have a fantastic year.
    Yup, Since he was bright enough to surround himself with a very talented staff he puts himself in a position to do what he does best and that's have guy's running through a brick wall for him, leader of men. It's going to be great watching this team under Vance.

Yup, Since he was bright enough to surround himself with a very talented staff he puts himself in a position to do what he does best and that's have guy's running through a brick wall for him, leader of men. It's going to be great watching this team under Vance.
    I think he made a mention of it yesterday (not sure if I quoted it) that he was "bored" at practice because as a head coach, he didn't have much to do when the team was practicing. In other words, he gets them ready to go and sets up the game plan, but isn't involved in the details of each group (at least that's how I interpreted it). So as long as the position coaches are all on the same page, that's a perfectly fine organizational structure.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Definitely, he just roams around making sure it's being done right and he has some great one on one lines when he engages players. Him walking up and just standing with DT and said it feels good standing next to greatness (referring to DT). That is good stuff.

Bradley Roby speaking today:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Roby, on his fifth-year option: "It feels good to get it out of the way ... I was happy to see it."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Roby: "I really like being here. I know how those things (contracts) go ... I take that as a compliment."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Bradley Roby @1043TheFan "I think (Coach Woods) will be even better looking over everything (defensively)"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

.@BradRoby_1 on @jcharles25: "When we played against him, I thought he was one of the best RBs in the league, if not THE best."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Roby: Jamaal Charles "is a mismatch against just about every linebacker ... he's a mismatch against safeties."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 41s42 seconds ago

Roby on playing w/ Talib, Harris: "I'm in a position where I can continue to learn and also go out there and show what I can do, as well."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 26s27 seconds ago

Roby -- no team has ever had the No. 1 pass defense three years in a row, so that's the goal.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 14s14 seconds ago

#Broncos Roby "I don't know anything about Butt. ... I am not expecting much because he went to Michigan," he said to laughs #rivalryreal

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now10 seconds ago

#Broncos Roby "I wasn't as focused in my training last year coming off Super Bowl. I have learned from that." @DenverChannel

18. The Following 7 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now10 seconds ago

#Broncos Roby "I wasn't as focused in my training last year coming off Super Bowl. I have learned from that." @DenverChannel
    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Shane Ray:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 59s60 seconds ago

Shane Ray: Ware's retirement "is very bittersweet for me." Says it's time to step up & apply what Ware taught him.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 41s42 seconds ago

#Broncos Shane Ray @1043TheFan "time for me to step up and handle my business"

#Broncos Ray says learning from @Millerlite40 and @DeMarcusWare leaves him aspiring to be an All-Pro. "Can't nobody block me a whole game."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now3 seconds ago

#Broncos Ray on Walker. "He made a lot of noise at Florida State. " Likes that he's versatile. @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe now6 seconds ago

Shane Ray said he hopes Garett Bolles is ready for practice vs. he & Von Miller. "We have big expectations for him."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now4 seconds ago

#Broncos Ray "Our run defense is something we lacked in last year. We added hogs. We are looking to step up there." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 23s23 seconds ago

Ray said the QBs sat 3 yds. back in pocket last year, making it tougher for edge rush to cause an impact. Expects DL additions to change it

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now8 seconds ago

#Broncos Ray "I love what I do. My mind is clear. I am ready for this. Now i expect to make plays all the time" @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now

Shane Ray, on Jamaal Charles coming to Denver: "I know they're sick back home (in Kansas City) ... but for us, it's a great addition."

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Nice.
    A lot of quotes from these pressers have had guys saying similar things. Who knows if that's true, but I want them to be hungry again, so I'm all for it if it motivates them.

24. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information