Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Wants Paxton?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Who Wants Paxton?

There was the article about Arizona possibly wanting Lynch......which made me think about John Lynch. Why? Because John Lynch loves Paxton Lynch and I wonder if he would entertain a trade for him if he doesnt like the QBs in the draft more than Paxton.......Hmmm.

Would or should John even consider it? I liked what I saw from Lynch last year considering he came from a non-pro offense and barely got to play. He had issues making the playcalls initially...to be expected.....but he came in a showed alot of potential. He also showed some rookie mistakes....all good. Thing is, the jury is out on whether hes the man. I dont see that we can tell anything from the small sample that would convince us either way which makes me think Elway could be in the same position.

Siemian has shown well for himself and I liked how he played. Paxton has the gun and the super high ceiling, but if someone offers a high pick for Paxton......do we take it?

If Paxton ends up being a stud.......oh my.

If Pax ends up being a dud........oh yeah.

The general feel of what Ive heard seems to be that Siemian will probably win the job again this offseason.

If thats the case, do you swap with the 9ers if they offer the second pick?
    The Browns at 12 if Foster is there or Howard?

It sure would be interesting to find out what John would do in that scenario.

Potential takers:

9ers
    Chicago
    Browns
    Jets
    Buffalo
    Arizona
    Texans
    Kansas City

So the question is......under what offer do you trade Paxton......or do you keep him?

In this draft, if I even got an offer, I would make it a first and second to pry him away, because if theyre that desperate .....theyre that desperate.

Paxton could be the man.
    But so could Siemian.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No one wants Lynch.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Mensa does.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Keep him for season 2017. If Siemian is a darn good QB... then trade Lynch after this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

You never know. This draft is deep in so many areas yet so shallow with QBs. I think Mahomes goes in the first along with Trubisky, Watson too but I dont think anyone particularly wants to do that.

Lynch, especially with a year under his belt has more than any of these guys imo. So why not trade for him?

It would seem plausible if you need a gunslinger and have no desire to ride the season with Hoyer or some other scrub vet for your QB. That screams LOSER to your whole team.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    You never know. This draft is deep in so many areas yet so shallow with QBs. I think Mahomes goes in the first along with Trubisky, Watson too but I dont think anyone particularly wants to do that.

Lynch, especially with a year under his belt has more than any of these guys imo. So why not trade for him?

It would seem plausible if you need a gunslinger and have no desire to ride the season with Hoyer or some other scrub vet for your QB. That screams LOSER to your whole team.
    San Francisco isn't in a position to give up potential assets for anyone right now. They need all the talent they can get and rolling with what they have at quarterback is the most plausible scenario. They need talent everywhere.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    San Francisco isn't in a position to give up potential assets for anyone right now. They need all the talent they can get and rolling with what they have at quarterback is the most plausible scenario. They need talent everywhere.
    What do they take.....a corner? Safety? I bet theyre desperate to trade down. Unless you have a huge difference maker, that second pick is a waste. I think the safety from LSU is theyre pick unless they find a willing partner.

If youre going to risk it......Id risk it on Paxton and put him in Shanahans hands vs any other pick.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    What do they take.....a corner? Safety? I bet theyre desperate to trade down. Unless you have a huge difference maker, that second pick is a waste. I think the safety from LSU is theyre pick unless they find a willing partner.

If youre going to risk it......Id risk it on Paxton and put him in Shanahans hands vs any other pick.
    You'd risk it on Lynch because you want your team to get rid of Lynch. It's not going to happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Why did we need a separate thread for this?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I just don't think anyone would trade a first for him.

Adopted Bronco:

First round QB's SHOULD typically start from day one. Not only could Lynch not beat out a 7th rounder from the previous year...but he may lose the job to that same guy in year 2. No chance in hell I give up #2 overall for that guy. If I'm desperate to deal that pick, there are likely better values to be had.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I could see Arizona trading for him, no way SF gives up the #2 overall

I could see Cleveland giving up the #12 pick or Arizona the #13, but if we're being really, really honest? Elway isn't going to trade Lynch. As awesome as it would be having a high and a mid 1st rounder in our possession, it's a pipe dream.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Elway would be like the Falcons GM that traded Brett Favre if he dealt him now. The *only* way I trade Lynch right now is if we're getting a proven veteran LT in return and we sign Kaepernick. So, yes, if the return includes Joe Thomas but that probably means we aren't getting a high #1 pick to get McCaffrey which is what this is truly all about. This garbage is spread either by people still butt-hurt about drafting Lynch last year or people who want McCaffrey so bad they are willing to put together crazy trade offers they think will get Denver to move into the top 10.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I could see Arizona trading for him, no way SF gives up the #2 overall

I could see Cleveland giving up the #12 pick or Arizona the #13, but if we're being really, really honest? Elway isn't going to trade Lynch. As awesome as it would be having a high and a mid 1st rounder in our possession, it's a pipe dream.
    Wow. You guys are way more down on Paxton than I would have thought.

He is still a first round talent. His measurables haven't declined.

Unlike this year's crop of QBs, his game is the most pro-ready. He has had a year of seasoning and extra development working under center.

He's easily justified at #2 overall. Franchise QBs don't happen often, and Paxton might be one.

You can't downgrade him for not starting last year, he wasn't ready and everyone knew this. We had a guy who was ready and might end up better than Lynch even if Lynch is a franchise guy.

All this applies to Siemian as well, if he is the trade bait. These guys are worth 1st round picks, high ones, or more.

Until they go out and shine their ass this year...or until one of them shows real NFL goods...

Either one of our guys is worth a 1st this year.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Elway would be like the Falcons GM that traded Brett Favre if he dealt him now. The *only* way I trade Lynch right now is if we're getting a proven veteran LT in return and we sign Kaepernick. So, yes, if the return includes Joe Thomas but that probably means we aren't getting a high #1 pick to get McCaffrey which is what this is truly all about. This garbage is spread either by people still butt-hurt about drafting Lynch last year or people who want McCaffrey so bad they are willing to put together crazy trade offers they think will get Denver to move into the top 10.
    We'd be crazy to draft Mini-Mac that high. Highest I would draft him is 11 if we had the Saint's pick. To take him any higher would too much, even that is borderline.

If we got a pick that high, my hope would be we would leverage it to trade back to the low teens and gain a few more early to middle round picks.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information