Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who Wants Paxton?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Trading him for a #2 overall is dumping him? How about for a #13? Still "dumping"? Or smart management of resources?

If you ask me, I'd roll with just one of the two QBs (yeah, I'm fine with Pax in the blind after a Siemian trade), and convert the other one into more wins. Guys like Fournette, McCaffrey, Howard, Ross, Robinson, Foster, Reddick, etc., can start on this team in 2017 and provide more expected wins than our backup QB.

Either one of our QBs could easily fetch a first round pick. Paxton has all the physical talent, plus a year of development that teams don't want to wait on (Freyaka, I have no clue where you get off saying teams want to wait a year or two for their QB to develop. that's pure rubbish). The question with him is between the ears, but even with those questions he is still better than any of these 2017 prospects right now. Those guys need more seasoning. None of them have his arm (edit: Mahomes does). Watson has great moxie, but only a 49mph arm. Paxton is a 59mph arm. Watson's arm at 49 is arguably unplayable in the NFL. Mahomes is the only gun at 60 mph. Kizer and Trub are respectable (NFL 'cut-off' is about 54mph) at 55-56.

We may just disagree on this, but either of our QBs are first round draftable. We got lucky to get an NFL starter-candidate in the 7th.

Just because you personally (anyone reading this) don't value either one as a 1st doesn't mean that the highest bidder won't see them that way. The NFL starting QB is the rarest and most coveted player on a roster. If you are a team with a huge hole there much like the Broncos have a huge hole at left tackle, you get antsy to fill that hole. It's the most critical position on the roster.

#fillholes
    That really depends honestly.

Is Paxton a franchise QB? I don't know...

If he is a franchise QB, those are hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That really depends honestly.

Is Paxton a franchise QB? I don't know...

If he is a franchise QB, those are hard to come by.
    It also depends on if Trevor is a franchise QB. If so, you don't need two of them on the roster. Pick one, dump the other. I doubt we roll that way, but it makes sense. I would much rather see the team fully commit to one or the other and then get rid of the other so there isn't a looming "competition"

If one of the two QB's (Either of them, doesn't really matter) takes all of the first team reps this year, they will grow more than either of them will by splitting reps.

It boils down to which one do you believe in more?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I would trade you for cswil and a #2 pencil.
    Cswil would probably tell you the same thing and then you'd need a shirt that said "all I got was this damn pencil."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

tell me more about this #2 pencil. Ticonderoga bloodlines? How much mileage on the pencil? What is its resharpening time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    First round QB's SHOULD typically start from day one. Not only could Lynch not beat out a 7th rounder from the previous year...but he may lose the job to that same guy in year 2. No chance in hell I give up #2 overall for that guy. If I'm desperate to deal that pick, there are likely better values to be had.
    You expected a Day one starter coming out of that offense? Times are changing, spread QB's need more time.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

To be fair to Lynch, when he played he had the same completion percentage as TS. He also did that with far less reps and minus the extra year.

Let's have the real conversation - who can we fleece into giving up anything for TS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Obviously the one scenario that the Broncos fans who fantasize about this trade refuse to entertain is the real possibility that Lynch develops into a legit Starting QB and McCaffrey isn't nearly as good as they think he is.

Not that it matters, if McCaffrey came here and fell short Broncos fans would blame Elway and the coaches. I know this from experience.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Jaded, are you trying to get sassy with me? ARE YOU SASS IN THAT ASS?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

sup jaded

"You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Elway would be like the Falcons GM that traded Brett Favre if he dealt him now. The *only* way I trade Lynch right now is if we're getting a proven veteran LT in return and we sign Kaepernick. So, yes, if the return includes Joe Thomas but that probably means we aren't getting a high #1 pick to get McCaffrey which is what this is truly all about. This garbage is spread either by people still butt-hurt about drafting Lynch last year or people who want McCaffrey so bad they are willing to put together crazy trade offers they think will get Denver to move into the top 10.
    Actually I like Lynch and wouldnt trade him as I said unless we got a one and a two. But this is brought about because of the rumor that Arizona has an interest....rumor only imo. Simply speculation at this point but if one doesnt like discussing, no one needs to and no one is hurt.

I liked the Paxton pick last year. I like Paxton. But I like winning more and the big caveat is what do the Broncos actually think about Trevor at this point. That knowledge would say a ton about a trade like this and yes.....Kaepernick.....(unless someone wants Jay Cutler in the house) would probably be the backup.

No one wants to trade Brett Favre away.......but if we have an undeveloped Drew Brees in Trevor......it all falls our way in a homer kinda way. lol
    IN PATON I TRUST.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The "rumor" isn't even a rumor.

Arians said, in response to quarterback questions in March, that Lynch was one of several quarterbacks they were interested in in the draft last year. There is nothing else to that "article" which was written by someone who wasn't even at the press conference.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Mo, don't you think it's a bit irresponsible to keep adding fire to this rumor? Just let it die already.

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Mo, don't you think it's a bit irresponsible to keep adding fire to this rumor? Just let it die already.
    I heard the Patriots are interested in Demaryius. I think we could give this legs.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I heard the Patriots are interested in Demaryius. I think we could give this legs.

That's funny coming from you.
    #mosastraightshooter
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    That's funny coming from you.
    #mosastraightshooter
    He drops passes, UR. He just drops passes.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information