Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who Wants Paxton?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No one wants Lynch.
    No one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wow. You guys are way more down on Paxton than I would have thought.

He is still a first round talent. His measurables haven't declined.

Unlike this year's crop of QBs, his game is the most pro-ready. He has had a year of seasoning and extra development working under center.

He's easily justified at #2 overall. Franchise QBs don't happen often, and Paxton might be one.

You can't downgrade him for not starting last year, he wasn't ready and everyone knew this. We had a guy who was ready and might end up better than Lynch even if Lynch is a franchise guy.

All this applies to Siemian as well, if he is the trade bait. These guys are worth 1st round picks, high ones, or more.

Until they go out and shine their ass this year...or until one of them shows real NFL goods...

Either one of our guys is worth a 1st this year.
    I don't see how you can easily justify him as #2 overall. Last years crop of QB's was as bad or worse than this year's QB class and he didn't go until the end of the first last year. Why after one year of not proving anything and looking absolutely raw and unprepared would his stock suddenly jump up to the #2 overall pick.

If he had come out and done something impressive sure, but nothing that happened last year helped to increase his stock from the #24th pick in a weak QB class to the #2 pick in a weak QB class.

No way TS gets more than a 2nd round pick...

I think you value our QB's a tad bit too high.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't see how you can easily justify him as #2 overall. Last years crop of QB's was as bad or worse than this year's QB class and he didn't go until the end of the first last year. Why after one year of not proving anything and looking absolutely raw and unprepared would his stock suddenly jump up to the #2 overall pick.

If he had come out and done something impressive sure, but nothing that happened last year helped to increase his stock from the #24th pick in a weak QB class to the #2 pick in a weak QB class.

QB's went 1-2 last year. There probably won't be one in the top 10 this year.

How can you say that is worse than this year's QB class?

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    QB's went 1-2 last year. There probably won't be one in the top 10 this year.

How can you say that is worse than this year's QB class?
    The guys that went 1-2 last year were dumpster trash...I mean the jury is still out on wentz...but he wasn't a guy that would have gone that high in a normal draft, he went there because he was the best of the worst. It was a terrible draft. Perhaps it's worse this year, who knows, but it's not ENOUGH worse to vault a guy who did absolutely nothing to improve his stock from the back end of the first to the top of the first.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Because you are also buying the extra year of development. That is worth significant draft capital. These teams want NFL difference makers. They all have big holes in their game. Paxton is the most complete and pro-ready, with the highest ceiling based on physical talent. Paxton is the best 2017 QB prospect, that's a plain fact. He's better than Kizer, Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson for a team considering drafting one of those guys.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The guys that went 1-2 last year were dumpster trash...I mean the jury is still out on wentz...It was a terrible draft. Perhaps it's worse, who knows, but it's not ENOUGH worse to vault a guy who did absolutely nothing to improve his stock from the back end of the first to the top of the first.
    dumpster trash? Is there any other kind?

You need more patience.

7. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

dumpster trash? Is there any other kind?

You need more patience.
    I'm just saying, none of the guys that went in the top 10 deserved to go in the top 10 as far as QB's go. They were all reach picks because that was what was there.

Paxton may still develop into something, but most scouts said before he was drafted that he was a raw prospect. Sure he's got a year under his belt now, but the consensus was that he was 2-3 years away from being NFL ready.

With this QB class, being 1-2 years away may be a good thing, but honestly, if he's good enough to warrant a #2 pick, then we'd be stupid to let him go when our QB situation is unsure.

No matter how people try and juggle this one, there is NO WAY he would be traded for that high of a pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No one?
    I don't think he's tradeable. And if he is the return on investment for the Broncos would be super low.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I say let's see what the mobile, rocket armed kid who was said to need some development time when drafted, does in the new offense, which is a similar offense to what he ran in college, before dumping him.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I say let's see what the mobile, rocket armed kid who was said to need some development time when drafted, does in the new offense, which is a similar offense to what he ran in college, before dumping him.
    The new 'instant gratification' NFL. No time for development.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The new 'instant gratification' NFL. No time for development.
    Wanting to draft and play a first-round quarterback is not a new-fangled invention of the last 10 years...even in the 70s most first-round rookie quarterbacks were playing and by the second year they almost definitely were.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Trading him for a #2 overall is dumping him? How about for a #13? Still "dumping"? Or smart management of resources?

If you ask me, I'd roll with just one of the two QBs (yeah, I'm fine with Pax in the blind after a Siemian trade), and convert the other one into more wins. Guys like Fournette, McCaffrey, Howard, Ross, Robinson, Foster, Reddick, etc., can start on this team in 2017 and provide more expected wins than our backup QB.

Either one of our QBs could easily fetch a first round pick. Paxton has all the physical talent, plus a year of development that teams don't want to wait on (Freyaka, I have no clue where you get off saying teams want to wait a year or two for their QB to develop. that's pure rubbish). The question with him is between the ears, but even with those questions he is still better than any of these 2017 prospects right now. Those guys need more seasoning. None of them have his arm (edit: Mahomes does). Watson has great moxie, but only a 49mph arm. Paxton is a 59mph arm. Watson's arm at 49 is arguably unplayable in the NFL. Mahomes is the only gun at 60 mph. Kizer and Trub are respectable (NFL 'cut-off' is about 54mph) at 55-56.

We may just disagree on this, but either of our QBs are first round draftable. We got lucky to get an NFL starter-candidate in the 7th.

Just because you personally (anyone reading this) don't value either one as a 1st doesn't mean that the highest bidder won't see them that way. The NFL starting QB is the rarest and most coveted player on a roster. If you are a team with a huge hole there much like the Broncos have a huge hole at left tackle, you get antsy to fill that hole. It's the most critical position on the roster.

#fillholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Trading him for a #2 overall is dumping him? How about for a #13? Still "dumping"? Or smart management of resources?

If you ask me, I'd roll with just one of the two QBs (yeah, I'm fine with Pax in the blind after a Siemian trade), and convert the other one into more wins. Guys like Fournette, McCaffrey, Howard, Ross, Robinson, Foster, Reddick, etc., can start on this team in 2017 and provide more expected wins than our backup QB.

Either one of our QBs could easily fetch a first round pick. Paxton has all the physical talent, plus a year of development that teams don't want to wait on (Freyaka, I have no clue where you get off saying teams want to wait a year or two for their QB to develop. that's pure rubbish). The question with him is between the ears, but even with those questions he is still better than any of these 2017 prospects right now. Those guys need more seasoning. None of them have his arm (edit: Mahomes does). Watson has great moxie, but a 44mph arm. Paxton is a 59mph arm. Watson's arm is 49, arguably unplayable in the NFL. Mahomes is the only gun at 60 mph. Kizer and Trub are respectable (NFL 'cut-off' is about 54mph) at 55-56.

We may just disagree on this, but either of our QBs are first round draftable. We got lucky to get an NFL starter-candidate in the 7th.

Just because you personally (anyone reading this) don't value either one as a 1st doesn't mean that the highest bidder won't see them that way. The NFL starting QB is the rarest and most coveted player on a roster. If you are a team with a huge hole there much like the Broncos have a huge hole at left tackle, you get antsy to fill that hole. It's the most critical position on the roster.

#fillholes
    I just don't think anyone is giving up a first round pick for either. I think the lowest pick you could get for either is a third or a fourth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I just don't think anyone is giving up a first round pick for either. I think the lowest pick you could get for either is a third or a fourth.
    That probably relates to our difference in evaluation of each player's NFL ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I don't think he's tradeable. And if he is the return on investment for the Broncos would be super low.
    I would trade you for cswil and a #2 pencil.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information