Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Cardinals: The Paxton Lynch Possibility

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Von is a beast. Some games he'll get no sack but he still beasted.

I'm not that confident in Cam tbh. But at least he is more than a one-year guy, and we have some tape against top comp. He's adequate-ish. I'd go for it unless BPA was in effect.

Worst case, you got an Osemele type guard, and those dudes command some quan in FA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I'm content with a LT - I'd be happier if that magical trade happened and we could go true BPA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Von is a beast. Some games he'll get no sack but he still beasted.

I'm not that confident in Cam tbh. But at least he is more than a one-year guy, and we have some tape against top comp. He's adequate-ish. I'd go for it unless BPA was in effect.

Worst case, you got an Osemele type guard, and those dudes command some quan in FA.
    Yep - I'm just saying the notion that...you know what...I know you get it...

You fancy *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

What the what the? No way this deal happens. You can't make that move when you got an unproven third-year guy who's coming off of multiple injuries. And yes Cam Robinson does a right tackle a guard I'm just not sold on his ability to play tackle

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    He's been first in last out since off season work outs started this year, and he's been working with a qb coach since the season ended. Something tells me you elect to ignore the obvious facts but yet entertain dumb made up articles. You actually posted an article from some Dallas cowboy beat writer because it was bashing lynch didn't you? Mr.clickbait.
    You need to unbunch your panties and chill bud...It's called speculation and discussion. Don't take things so personally. I really don't care which QB wins the battle. Yes I am biased towards TS, but that's only because right now I'm not impressed with Lynch. That isn't to say that he cannot improve or that I have written him off. He can grow and if he does, I just want a good QB, no matter what QB that is.

I'm not stuck on one player being the future, whatever happens happens.

Back when you were Lynch12 (because come on...you obviously were) I took an extremely anti-Paxton stance not because I had anything against Paxton, but to get under your skin because lets face it, you were an abrasive little guy and it was fun.

The article from the Dallas reporter? I acknowledge that it was most likely rubbish... But it wasn't by far the first time something like that had been said (and a lot of it was from a lot more reliable sources)

We are all biased one way or another, but what is important is if we are open to allowing our opinion to change. I am open to Paxton proving me wrong. I haven't yet written him off, I just haven't been thrilled with what I've seen thus far.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 04-25-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

So DT 88 Thinks Mcaffrey is the best pick ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    What the what the? No way this deal happens. You can't make that move when you got an unproven third-year guy who's coming off of multiple injuries. And yes Cam Robinson does a right tackle a guard I'm just not sold on his ability to play tackle
    Not only is this right, but Cam Robinson is projected as a G by a lot of NFL scouts. Apparently none of the projected first round OL are making teams wildly enthusiastic.

Normally, at least a couple of these guys would be gone by #10-12. Not this year. Nobody in the top 10 is considering a T, and some of those teams would LOVE a LT. There just isn't a guy who's a very good prospect.

Some people think Ryan Ramczyk or Bolles is "worthy of a 1st round pick." What that means is meh, maybe that guy develops into a starter, but does NOT project as an elite LT prospect. Because if he did, the guy would be drafted in the top 10.

Money talks and B.S. walks in the NFL. People can say anything they want, but look where these guys are drafted and you know - they are not regarded as great prospects or none of them would be available at #20.
    And all of them may be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You need to unbunch your panties and chill bud...It's called speculation and discussion. Don't take things so personally. I really don't care which QB wins the battle. Yes I am biased towards TS, but that's only because right now I'm not impressed with Lynch. That isn't to say that he cannot improve or that I have written him off. He can grow and if he does, I just want a good QB, no matter what QB that is.

I'm not stuck on one player being the future, whatever happens happens.

Back when you were Lynch12 (because come on...you obviously were) I took an extremely anti-Paxton stance not because I had anything against Paxton, but to get under your skin because lets face it, you were an abrasive little guy and it was fun.

The article from the Dallas reporter? I acknowledge that it was most likely rubbish... But it wasn't by far the first time something like that had been said (and a lot of it was from a lot more reliable sources)

We are all biased one way or another, but what is important is if we are open to allowing our opinion to change. I am open to Paxton proving me wrong. I haven't yet written him off, I just haven't been thrilled with what I've seen thus far.
    Was Paxton lost in the wash last year? Yes. Coming out of college he was widely regarded as "very raw."

Is it a new year and does last year's performance equal "he's a bust." No.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Was Paxton lost in the wash last year? Yes. Coming out of college he was widely regarded as "very raw."

Is it a new year and does last year's performance equal "he's a bust." No.
    I never uttered or suggested he was a bust.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I am hoping for lynch to win because i think his ceiling is much higher and i dont want to see a 1st round pick bust.

I want whoever starts to have earned it after fierce competition. I do not want it to be because the other guy sucked (See e.g. Mark Sanchez). I want both guys to be so good that VJ spends his evenings kicking the dog in frustration because it's like choosing between two hot girls who want to take you all the way to the prom. That.Is.What.I.Want.

13. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I want whoever starts to have earned it after fierce competition. I do not want it to be because the other guy sucked (See e.g. Mark Sanchez). I want both guys to be so good that VJ spends his evenings kicking the dog in frustration because it's like choosing between two hot girls who want to take you all the way to the prom. That.Is.What.I.Want.
    Well, that's what we got. These dudes can both ball. I wish they could convert one of them to another 1st this draft, but the competition will absolutely forge some diamonds.

Time to ball!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Do you guys remember 9/10?
    he caught the ball. . .

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I've seen mocks with Lamp going in the top 10.

There will likely be four offensive linemen drafted in the first round

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Whoever thought of the Lynch thing in AZ. Really unless Trevor S can outperform Lynch, Lynch is staying!
    April Showers and Easter!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information