Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Cardinals: The Paxton Lynch Possibility

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Btw, if the Cards trade for Paxton Lynch what does that do to their credibility?

On the other hand, if the Cards would rather have Lynch than Watson why wouldn't the team that already invested a 1st and a 3rd? Or, for that matter, why wouldn't any other QB-needy team, like say...the Jets at 8? Or the Browns at 1?

If the Broncos really wanna make sure they get McCaffrey they better go all Mike Ditka and eliminate any chance of losing him to another (galactically stupid) team.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Haha, JavaScript disabled. I put your videos on ignore, chump sucka foo.

Nany nany, boo boo...stick your head in doo doo.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-24-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I didnt read through the thread yet so i can only guess as to how the conversations have gone but my initial post is like this,

Much like Tebow, you dont draft a guy and then not allow him to play to see at least what he has. Obviously, if the rumors are true and Paxton's work ethic are horrible than that can change the attitude of the FO to try and off load him. But, then what happens is this becomes a black mark for Elway and company because it means you didnt do your homework and research before drafting the guy to begin with. But if you were sold on him as your #1 pick than you should at the very least see what he can do on the field (for more than 2 games). Dont know how serious this trade rumor is but i would be very surprised if it was actually true, and if it is it means Paxton was a massively wasted pick for us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Jaded has entered the arena and is not ******* around.

I'd be open to the trade (everyone is tradeable) but if we did it to secure a RB I would think it's stupid.
    McCaffery is a playmaker though, not your ordinary RB. He can bring a lot to the table, a lot more (at this stage) than a first round QB sitting on the bench and unable to unseat the backup QB. IMO

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Paxton was a guy that needed to sit for a year coming out of college. He was a project with a huge upside. He was a spread QB who needed to work on his footwork. Not only did he do that, but he hired a private coach in the offseason to work on mechanics and footwork on his own. He needs another year to evaluate what kind of QB he really is. I think he starts this year. If not, then it's time to talk about trading him. Had he stayed in college, he'd more than likely be the consensus #1 pick in this draft.

8. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

If you're convinced Trevor is going to be the man over Lynch, then I can see Elway parting ways with him but only for the Cards pick straight up.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Arians did have a lot of interest in Lynch last year to be Palmer's successor, then the BRONCOS moved up to get him. I believe that, and the so-called Elway infatuation for CMac, makes for a good rumor mill.

Shane's posts make me laugh, then I feel sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Man, that's dumb. You hear the most idiotic stories this time of year, but that one was da ultra dumb. They should give up on Paxton Lynch before even figuring out if he can be a franchise QB? And if Denver was willing to walk away from their 1st round pick of a year ago, whom they traded up to get, why would Arizona want him that badly?

Wouldn't that be pretty damning evidence that Paxton was a bust if Denver were willing to give up on him so soon? Wouldn't that make you more likely NOT to want to trade for him if you're the Cardinals?

If AZ thinks they need a QB that badly, why not draft DeShaun Watson at #13? Why take a risk on a guy some other team has already given up on?

None of that makes the remotest sense. Denver isn't giving up on Paxton before they can even develop him and see if he could be a long term answer at QB!
    I mean to play devil's advocate here...They've seen him, know what he's capable of and if the rumors surrounding his work ethic are true (probably are not) then it would make sense that they take that kind of an offer for him.

This is likely just a dumb rumor with zero substance, but it's not totally unthinkable that the FO has already made up their mind on Paxton.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Paxton is worth Arizona's number one pick this year

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Paxton is worth Arizona's number one pick this year
    I doubt we even consider such a trade, but can you imagine the sheer pandemonium around here if it happened. People would lose their minds It'd be fun to see happen live.

This is basically fan speculation. I can see the logic in it, but it's just fan talk with no substance.

Besides, once we made that trade, we'd have to package the two firsts together to move up EVEN FURTHER to get Mini-Mac because he'll be gone by the panthers if not sooner.

But we could grab Watson and an LT to block for him so...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I doubt we even consider such a trade, but can you imagine the sheer pandemonium around here if it happened. People would lose their minds It'd be fun to see happen live.

This is basically fan speculation. I can see the logic in it, but it's just fan talk with no substance.

Besides, once we made that trade, we'd have to package the two firsts together to move up EVEN FURTHER to get Mini-Mac because he'll be gone by the panthers if not sooner.

But we could grab Watson and an LT to block for him so...
    You could do great things with a 12 and a 20. . as long as it's not using both to reach for a single player.... You could get two of these guys...Reddick, Foster, Bolles, Peppers, Ross, Howard, Njoku, McDowell, Davis, McCaf. . what a freaking move that would be.

Flipping last years #26 for this years #12 is great value. Broncos would do it in a heartbeat. Especially with a QB situation that demands split reps and distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You could do great things with a 12 and a 20. . as long as it's not using both to reach for a single player.... You could get two of these guys...Reddick, Foster, Bolles, Peppers, Ross, Howard, Njoku, McDowell, Davis, McCaf. . what a freaking move that would be.

Flipping last years #26 for this years #12 is great value. Broncos would do it in a heartbeat. Especially with a QB situation that demands split reps and distraction.
    What's the old saying? If you have two QB's, you have no QB's. A QB competition is rarely a good thing, it's better to have it resolved and have one clear-cut starter getting all of the reps and a backup. I agree that there is a hell of a lot we can do with those two picks, I just know we are enamored with C-Mac (heck, I am too)

Unless he falls past the Panthers, we won't likely see him in orange and blue. There are rumors that the Jags want him as the first RB off the board at #4.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't think this is even a rumor.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information