Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Adam Shaheen aka baby Gronk?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    18,331

    Default Adam Shaheen aka baby Gronk?

    I think he goes rounds 2-3. This guy is a monster. Has all the size and skill but is also a very mean player. Division II...don't care....I think he is pretty special.

    I think the Pats would reach for him. We need that big redzone target and this is the guy we should pick.

    http://www.draftcountdown.com/player/adam-shaheen/
    "Precision beats power. Timing beats speed" - Conor McGregor

  2. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    21,144

    Default

    no.

    he cant get separation. Nothing like gronk. yes hes big and fast but so was scott chandler.


    Engram, Howard, Njoku.
    Tuff Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You start with a half pint of beer, you must take two drinks, add something and pass it on!! One day we had all sorts in there, and my mate squatted in a massive log, the next guy never took two drinks and added to it - he necked the whole thing, chewed down that turd!
    He was pretty famous after that

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    8,449

    Default

    Purely speaking athletically, it's a fair comparison:

    Gronk: 6062 264
    40 Time- 4.68
    Broad Jump- 9'11
    Vertical- 33.5
    20 Yd Shuttle- 4.47
    3 Cone- 7.18

    Shaheen- 6056 278
    40 time- 4.79
    Broad Jump- 10'1
    Vertical- 32.5
    20 Yd Shuttle- 4.38
    3 Cone- 7.09

    Keep in mind that Shaeen's 40 time was from the combine and electronically timed. Gronk's was from his pro day and hand timed so the speed is probably nearly identical. By the pure numbers it looks as if Shaheen is slightly more athletic despite being 14 pounds heavier. UR, you must have found some hidden tape that I couldn't find on Shaheen. Care to share?

    If you're going to write off Shaheen it should be because his blocking is average at best despite his size and playing against weaker competition.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    13,781

    Default

    Shaheen...hm...

    Wouldn't mind. I've seen tape. Wouldn't mind that at all.
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

  6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    My place in nowhere.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    18,633

    Default

    I like Shaheen, Broncos should try to get 2 TE's in this draft, imo. There's even some potential PFA's in this class.
    "Run through a mother****er face, they just ain't gonna want that."
    "You have to hate what you're firing at! Hate it!"
    “Try walking your talk or get the **** out of my way”

    Trade for Jameis Winston.

    Daniel Cooney OT, Justin Herbert QB, Drew Lock QB, Riley Neal QB, Greg Little LT, Isaiah Prince RT, Dalton Risner C, Mike Weber RB, Riley Ridley WR, Marvell Tell III S, Martez Ivey T/G. Daniel Jones QB.

  8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    21,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Purely speaking athletically, it's a fair comparison:

    Gronk: 6062 264
    40 Time- 4.68
    Broad Jump- 9'11
    Vertical- 33.5
    20 Yd Shuttle- 4.47
    3 Cone- 7.18

    Shaheen- 6056 278
    40 time- 4.79
    Broad Jump- 10'1
    Vertical- 32.5
    20 Yd Shuttle- 4.38
    3 Cone- 7.09

    Keep in mind that Shaeen's 40 time was from the combine and electronically timed. Gronk's was from his pro day and hand timed so the speed is probably nearly identical. By the pure numbers it looks as if Shaheen is slightly more athletic despite being 14 pounds heavier. UR, you must have found some hidden tape that I couldn't find on Shaheen. Care to share?

    If you're going to write off Shaheen it should be because his blocking is average at best despite his size and playing against weaker competition.
    There's a fair amount, YouTube shaheen vs _. And games will pop up. Watch the games. I am not writing him off, but I am telling you against that low competition he does not get separation. He is Scott chandler right now. I'd take him 4th rd, maybe.

    Groningen I take 1st rd. They are nothing alike
    Tuff Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You start with a half pint of beer, you must take two drinks, add something and pass it on!! One day we had all sorts in there, and my mate squatted in a massive log, the next guy never took two drinks and added to it - he necked the whole thing, chewed down that turd!
    He was pretty famous after that

  10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    My place in nowhere.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    18,633

    Default

    David Njoku makes me moist.
    "Run through a mother****er face, they just ain't gonna want that."
    "You have to hate what you're firing at! Hate it!"
    “Try walking your talk or get the **** out of my way”

    Trade for Jameis Winston.

    Daniel Cooney OT, Justin Herbert QB, Drew Lock QB, Riley Neal QB, Greg Little LT, Isaiah Prince RT, Dalton Risner C, Mike Weber RB, Riley Ridley WR, Marvell Tell III S, Martez Ivey T/G. Daniel Jones QB.

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kailua Hawaii
    Adopted Bronco:
    KYLE SLOTER
    Posts
    5,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    There's a fair amount, YouTube shaheen vs _. And games will pop up. Watch the games. I am not writing him off, but I am telling you against that low competition he does not get separation. He is Scott chandler right now. I'd take him 4th rd, maybe.

    Groningen I take 1st rd. They are nothing alike
    Not to be wearing Gronk glasses but the tape I saw had PLENTY of separation to go around. The man was outrunning DBs and smaller LBs.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJLRgh2vp4&t=17s


    I would be so fired up if we landed this dude......and Im with Jaded....if we drafted two of these stud TEs I would be STOKED.
    Last edited by WARHORSE; 04-25-2017 at 10:59 PM.

    I reserve the right to be wrong........yet right.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    21,144

    Default

    If we draft two tes I bet it's butt and Bucky.

    I'd spunk for engram or njoku, tho.


    And the times that he got separation was when they tricked the defense on misdirection and crossing routes. I'm not saying the guy can't play, but he is not gronk or anything close. He's not even Jeb putzier to me yet. He is Virgil green, a guy who btw is big strong and fast. But still sucks.

    I really think we like buck and butt and I want both....engram the most tho. He would be insane here! He is going to be an incredible weapon for whichever team gets him. Engram gets separation!
    Tuff Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You start with a half pint of beer, you must take two drinks, add something and pass it on!! One day we had all sorts in there, and my mate squatted in a massive log, the next guy never took two drinks and added to it - he necked the whole thing, chewed down that turd!
    He was pretty famous after that

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    My place in nowhere.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    18,633

    Default

    If they draft Njoku and Leggett I would frame the underwear I'd sploog in and hang them next to make Elway jersey.
    "Run through a mother****er face, they just ain't gonna want that."
    "You have to hate what you're firing at! Hate it!"
    “Try walking your talk or get the **** out of my way”

    Trade for Jameis Winston.

    Daniel Cooney OT, Justin Herbert QB, Drew Lock QB, Riley Neal QB, Greg Little LT, Isaiah Prince RT, Dalton Risner C, Mike Weber RB, Riley Ridley WR, Marvell Tell III S, Martez Ivey T/G. Daniel Jones QB.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kailua Hawaii
    Adopted Bronco:
    KYLE SLOTER
    Posts
    5,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    If they draft Njoku and Leggett I would frame the underwear I'd sploog in and hang them next to make Elway jersey.

    That doesnt help the conversation....... -_-

    lol

    I reserve the right to be wrong........yet right.

  16. The Following 3 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group