Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Dolphins picked Peyton Manning’s brain before trading for Julius Thomas

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default The Dolphins picked Peyton Manning’s brain before trading for Julius Thomas

The Miami Dolphins made a surprising trade this offseason, sending Branden Albert to the Jacksonville Jaguars for Julius Thomas (and an exchange of draft picks). Both players have been on the decline for the past few years, but Miami viewed Thomas as a bigger asset with Laremy Tunsil being the future at left tackle.

Before the Dolphins made the deal with Jacksonville, though, they got the opinion of a player who helped Thomas rise to prominence: Peyton Manning.

Offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen, who coached Manning for two years in Indianapolis, called Peyton to get his opinion on Thomas. After all, Thomas did catch 24 touchdown passes from Manning in Denver.
    rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...s-trade-050817

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

They didn't take Gase's word for it? Weird.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    They didn't take Gase's word for it? Weird.
    😆😆😆😆😆

why would they trust their own personnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    why would they trust their own personnel?
    Because their HC coached Thomas-

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

He'll be great in Miami...

...provided they wrap him in bubble wrap, never ask him to block, and the NFL goes to flag football this year. Dude is soft and made of glass. Super talented receiving TE who can't stay healthy.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    He'll be great in Miami...

...provided they wrap him in bubble wrap, never ask him to block, and the NFL goes to flag football this year. Dude is soft and made of glass. Super talented receiving TE who can't stay healthy.
    Thanks to PM...

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Because their HC coached Thomas-
    I was being sarcastic... of course they should trust their own personnel. Miami is a horrible organization

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

God I wish we had him. Watching the great blocking of Green amount to nothing...man blocking as a TE is just a plus at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    God I wish we had him. Watching the great blocking of Green amount to nothing...man blocking as a TE is just a plus at this point.
    might as well just line up another slot receiver

Give the QB's a security blanket that actually impacts the offense.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Honestly, it's basically the way TEs are being used more and more. Blocking TEs are starting to go the way of the fullback in the NFL.

I was being sarcastic... of course they should trust their own personnel. Miami is a horrible organization
    Sometimes, if I've had a long day at work, you have to speak slowly for me.
    Is that you Mo?

Every single Bronco fan who cheered when JT left should be eating crow right now. The almighty and potent TE that is Virgil Green -and we know that TE's are really there to block in today's age- shows how important it is to have a blocking behemoth.

Green sucked last year. His good blocking made no impact. Yet a safety valve TE as an outlet would have done far more to help pass protection that the 'pass blocker'.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Every single Bronco fan who cheered when JT left should be eating crow right now. The almighty and potent TE that is Virgil Green -and we know that TE's are really there to block in today's age- shows how important it is to have a blocking behemoth.

Green sucked last year. His good blocking made no impact. Yet a safety valve TE as an outlet would have done far more to help pass protection that the 'pass blocker'.
    That's all well and good and JT was a great receiver, but how many snaps has he played for Jacksonville in the past 2 years? How much of a safety valve was he for Blake Bortles who probably could've used him? Talent was never a problem, it's the fact that he can't stay healthy. Let's be honest, he had one great year in Denver and was hurt the rest of the time. There's a reason Elway refused to pay him retarded money. Jax overpaid and are now trading him for a Tackle because he's done nothing for them for 2 years.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information