Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Looks like he left a note for Tom Brady.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...son-LOVER.html

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

DailyMail.com has learned from a well-placed source that Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks and gave away personal belongings to inmates
    He covered the floor of his cell in soap so that he if he lost his nerve he wouldn't be able to save himself
    his gay lover is on suicide watch

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    his gay lover is on suicide watch
    Giselle is prolly livid.

5. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/201...after-suicide/

This story just doesn't end! Looks like the law states that since he committed suicide during the appeals process and can't defend himself the convictions get dropped. Which means the NFL may owe his family a pension and the Patriots may owe them millions from his contract that was withheld because of the convictions. I'm sure it'll be a legal battle either way.

If that is why he killed himself then props to him for trying to do something good for his family and most of all his daughter. It would be one of the few decent things he's done with his life.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Give them the money.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Thats not even remotely comparable...

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Ask this daughter when she's 16 whether she'd rather have her father alive or a wad of cash her mother has probably already blown through. You demonstrate with your comments you neither understand the value of human life nor the value of currency. This was an act of cowardice, pure and simple. It is self-serving rubbish to try to wrap himself around religion or providing for a loved one. That's just a thin veil to try to hide his cowardice. Most rational people see right through it.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

13. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Your view is as equally colored by your own blinkers as you claim Shane's to be.

You are making leaps of judgement on the mother and how she will look after her child, you are also assuming that this child would rather have a peice of shit father in jail his whole life, needing to go visit him and never really have a realtionship with him - when she was 16, he would still be in prison, when she had kids, he would still be in prison, he would die in prison. Ask her if she would rather that life - or a secure future? I don't think its that hard to imagine her choosing the latter.

Additionally, there is nothing cowardly about suicide (selfish, yes, cowardly - never), in the previous post you linked this suicide to suicide bombers - your whole position is just so extreme it is hard to take seriously - so much so i can't even tell if you are just trolling.

As for these suicide bombers getting paid - all soldiers get paid, all soldiers know they could die - soldiers do not serve for free, they do so for money - to support their families. In extremely poor areas of depravation - even the decision to become a $10 taliban as we called them is not cowardice. It is an act that for whatever reason at taht time is deemed the best way to provide for their family.

I think Hernadez is a peice of shit - but if that was his motives, i applaud him.

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Sounds like he couldn't live with his secret of liking the tube steak.

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Ask this daughter when she's 16 whether she'd rather have her father alive or a wad of cash…
    I agree with you that an 18 year-old would rather have her father, assuming that he wasn’t abusive to them growing up, then a wad of cash. Maybe she’ll use the money wisely. Maybe, as has happened with many young athletes, celebrities, lottery winner, etc.; the windfall of money will send her down a path of self-destruction.

…her mother has probably already blown through.
    Because he divorced her mother, her mother has no right to the money. It would most likely go into a trust fund that his daughter would get access to on her 18th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Your view is as equally colored by your own blinkers as you claim Shane's to be.

You are making leaps of judgement on the mother and how she will look after her child…
    I completely agree with you that OrangeHoof jumped to a lot of conclusions and made a lot of judgements about those he doesn’t know personally. As you know from my comments when "13 Reasons Why" was being discussed, I contemplated suicide for the 1st time at the age of 11, so I’m not so quick to rip in to those who attempt such acts. Considering that you mentioned that you had a mate who took his own life at 17 during this same discussion, its understandable that you’d have a strong emotional reaction to his comments. Nevertheless, his comments were filled with so much emotions that I can't help but wonder if he's been personally touch by suicide as well.

It is self-serving rubbish to try to wrap himself around religion…
    The thing about having his Bible open to John 3:16, and having the verse reference written on his forehead, it speaks of someone who seeking divine favor before doing something completely contrary to what the Bible says. I’ve dealt with numerous individuals over the years who do superficial piety like this, and I can tell you that their actions are grounded in character flaws that they never addressed.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

19. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I've been hospitalized twice in my life for suicidal depression and been in therapy groups with others so inclined. For some (not all) suicidal depression is a chemical state of the brain that needs to be attacked aggressively both through medicine, physical therapy and mental therapy. The second time through, I got the help I needed to successfully fight it and, praise God, it's been 20 years since I've been suicidal.

Dave jumps to conclusions just as much as he attacks me for doing so. After his acquittal, Hernandez' attornies were appealing the original conviction and, if that was reduced or overturned, there was a chance he could get out so you can't assume he'd have spent the rest of his life in jail. The John 3:16 act was either the same behavior as Judas Iscariot when he realized the true consequences of his actions or, just as likely, a martyr syndrome where he sees himself as a martyr wrongfully convicted and punished and seeking to call attention to it with the red (blood?) markings on his hands and feet. Don't know the man personally so I can't tell you which reaction he had.

But the bottom line is one never knows their future and how long a time in jail one might spend. Yes, he'd likely miss his daughter's growing-up years and risk his daughter's rejection but killing oneself won't ever help that. She is likely feeling that Hernandez preferred death to her and feels more abandoned now than ever.

Someone once labelled suicide "a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and that's truly what it is. It's a selfish response, not a noble one and no amount of money changes that equation, nor should it.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I've been hospitalized twice in my life for suicidal depression and been in therapy groups with others so inclined. For some (not all) suicidal depression is a chemical state of the brain that needs to be attacked aggressively both through medicine, physical therapy and mental therapy. The second time through, I got the help I needed to successfully fight it and, praise God, it's been 20 years since I've been suicidal. Dave jumps to conclusions just as much as he attacks me for doing so. After his acquittal, Hernandez' attornies were appealing the original conviction and, if that was reduced or overturned, there was a chance he could get out so you can't assume he'd have spent the rest of his life in jail. The John 3:16 act was either the same behavior as Judas Iscariot when he realized the true consequences of his actions or, just as likely, a martyr syndrome where he sees himself as a martyr wrongfully convicted and punished and seeking to call attention to it with the red (blood?) markings on his hands and feet. Don't know the man personally so I can't tell you which reaction he had. But the bottom line is one never knows their future and how long a time in jail one might spend. Yes, he'd likely miss his daughter's growing-up years and risk his daughter's rejection but killing oneself won't ever help that. She is likely feeling that Hernandez preferred death to her and feels more abandoned now than ever. Someone once labelled suicide "a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and that's truly what it is. It's a selfish response, not a noble one and no amount of money changes that equation, nor should it.
    You realize this post is not related on anyway to your initial rant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Dave jumps to conclusions just as much as he attacks me for doing so.
    Like I said, both of you were emotionally triggered, resulting in you both making strongly word posts. I reread his post and it was extremely confrontations, but all I read was him giving a different prospective of the subject. He did write it in the a manner that bashed your viewpoints, I saw nothing that I'd interpret as him bashing you personally.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

23. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Listen, ******s, when this site becomes a car crash I'm usually the one who made it that way. Stop trying to take my style!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i view it as, the guy is backed up against a wall regardless, and he took the way out that he felt would benefit his family the most.

I dont think i could live in prison for the rest of my life. A week in county was good enough for me to realize i want nothing to do with that place.

26. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information