Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: McShay's Top 32: Christian McCaffrey rising up the board

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Ne position that's not getting talked about as much as it deserves is tight end. This team desperately needs a tight end and this is a great draft to snag one and then you hope huerrman is ready to take off givng us two threats at tight end.

We are going to take 1-2 TE and 1-2 RB and 1 wr and 1 qb. This you can be assured of.

My money says butt and Bucky. I happen to love both as well. Bucky is similar to engram except not as amazing, but close and underrated big time. Butt is under the radar because of his injury. TE is loaded like rb. We are going to have some nice new offensive weapons this year
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We are going to take 1-2 TE and 1-2 RB and 1 wr and 1 qb. This you can be assured of.

My money says butt and Bucky. I happen to love both as well. Bucky is similar to engram except not as amazing, but close and underrated big time. Butt is under the radar because of his injury. TE is loaded like rb. We are going to have some nice new offensive weapons this year
    TE is hawt this year. Would love to get at least one genuine legit red zone threat out of this group. I don't really want Njoku at 20, and Howard is gone by then. I hope a baller falls to them in the 2d. Engram, Everett, Njoku, Butt, Shaheen....any of those would just rock. Even Kittle, Bucky, Leggett...this class deserves two picks at the position and the Broncos situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I like Njoku, he is a fantastic very smooth athlete. Reminds me of a Shannon Sharpe, will be a huge mis match and has break away speed.
    Last edited by DT88TheGreat; 04-27-2017 at 08:52 AM.

5. The Following User High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Right, three guys who aren't analysts vs guys whose job it is to scout guys. You can see where I find the analysts more insightful and useful?

Most of the analysts who aren't high on the class aren't high on it because it lacks depth. That's the constant comment. The lack of depth doesn't mean that the top end guys are bad.
    Kinger, you know I love you but I disagree with you on this. I can't remember a year when an OT wasn't drafted in the top 10, hell the top 5 really. This year there probably won't be one taken in the top 15. That does not speak to a lack of depth but good top end talent, if these top end guys were really good they'd be snatched up really quickly because of the lack of depth.

Unfortunately for us this is a very bad year to be in need of a T.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

On the other side of the coin it's the perfect year to need a LT, if there were 2 guys that were super elite projected top 10 picks theThe Broncos wouldn't have a chance to land one. But since the first wave will be going in the 15-30 range the Broncos can actually get one if they chose to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Kinger, you know I love you but I disagree with you on this. I can't remember a year when an OT wasn't drafted in the top 10, hell the top 5 really. This year there probably won't be one taken in the top 15. That does not speak to a lack of depth but good top end talent, if these top end guys were really good they'd be snatched up really quickly because of the lack of depth.

Unfortunately for us this is a very bad year to be in need of a T.
    I gotta agree with you on this. There are just as many o-line hungry teams as us out there. None of them are likely to draft these guys. I can't think of the last time an o-linemen wasn't taken in the first 5 picks.

This draft is toilet water for linemen.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Daniel Jeremiah has 2 tackles rated between 20-30 in his board of top 50 players. Drafting one of those two guys in our spot is something I would be fine with

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah has 2 tackles rated between 20-30 in his board of top 50 players. Drafting one of those two guys in our spot is something I would be fine with
    I'd be fine with any of the 4 OTs, but I'm a bit scared of the one-year producers (Ramczyk and Bolles). If we do go OL, I really hope it's Lamp or Cam. At least with those guys you know you got a pro-bowl type guard at worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'd be fine with any of the 4 OTs, but I'm a bit scared of the one-year producers (Ramczyk and Bolles). If we do go OL, I really hope it's Lamp or Cam. At least with those guys you know you got a pro-bowl type guard at worst.
    Yeah the one year of play scares me a bit. If we go OL then it pretty much has too be Cam Robinson. The guy is battle tested and the best player in the draft got owned by cam 99% of that game. I just love how he's able to hit defenders with his two hand punch and send them flying into the dirt. If you are ever beat and your last resort is a push strike that send the guy into the dirt is pretty impressive. That type of strength can't be taught, what you can teach is perfecting his technique which I dont think is bad or else a speed rusher like Myles would have abused him.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Yeah the one year of play scares me a bit. If we go OL then it pretty much has too be Cam Robinson. The guy is battle tested and the best player in the draft got owned by cam 99% of that game. I just love how he's able to hit defenders with his two hand punch and send them flying into the dirt. If you are ever beat and your last resort is a push strike that send the guy into the dirt is pretty impressive. That type of strength can't be taught, what you can teach is perfecting his technique which I dont think is bad or else a speed rusher like Myles would have abused him.
    Except Garrett was fighting an ankle injury all season. Missed 3 games because of it and probably should have sat a few more. Still had 7 tackles (3.5 TFL) against Robinson.

But there is something to be said about facing guys like Garrett and Barnett...and even Allen in practice. Battle tested is a good description, I can see him being a decent LT but probably an All-Pro at OG.

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I care more about measureables and technique than I do how many years they started. I'm hoping it's Bolles, Lamp or Ramczyk

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I care more about measureables and technique than I do how many years they started. I'm hoping it's Bolles, Lamp or Ramczyk
    I think measureables are one of the least important factors in the equation.

What is it about them that you value?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

21. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

I'm guessing a good random example would be a guy like Lamp. Played LT very well in college, but due to short arms and stature...he'll be a guard at the next level. Measurables arent the only factor, but they are a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Length, strength, hip bend, footwork?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Except Garrett was fighting an ankle injury all season. Missed 3 games because of it and probably should have sat a few more. Still had 7 tackles (3.5 TFL) against Robinson.

But there is something to be said about facing guys like Garrett and Barnett...and even Allen in practice. Battle tested is a good description, I can see him being a decent LT but probably an All-Pro at OG.
    Yeah I really don't care what he was fighting all year. He played, he was very effective last year as well. Im sure Robinson as well as many other player's had little nicks going on as well. His ankle didn't stop him from having a great year did it? So it shouldn't be used as an excuse for why he got completely shut down vs Robinson. Besides the 2-3 plays he made during that game he looked pretty explosive. Just couldn't keep it up because big cam put them laws on him. Lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information