Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: McShay's Top 32: Christian McCaffrey rising up the board

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It is easy to say that in April. In September, when Trevor Siemian is a grass stain, it won't be so funny.
    Did you watch last season? I mean at all?

I'm about as unhappy with Siemian being the quarterback as anyone out there, but to claim losing Okung is the difference between him being on his back and not on his back completely disregards the entire 2016 season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It is easy to say that in April. In September, when Trevor Siemian is a grass stain, it won't be so funny.
    Are you seriously upset about losing a bum like Okung? It's funny how even on madden 17 Okung is a bum who always gets holding calls on him just like in real life lol. Just about anybody including a rookie can give you Okung type production, if not better. All 3 of the first round grade LT's would out perform Okung. And for 13 million per year like he got from the silly bolts makes me even more gladYou we didn't bring him back for that kind of money and he went to a rival so we get to get some blind side hits on Rivers twice a year.

If Okung had stuck around for one more year for about 4 million then fine, but we still would have needed to draft his replacement and hope that replacement would be ready by mid season. I don't know what you think you see in Okung.

This is where it gets painful -
    These fears are not unfounded. Okung hasn’t been a top-tier tackle since his one Pro Bowl season in 2012 with the Seahawks, and he notably allowed the second most QB pressures in the league last season.
    http://chargerswire.usatoday.com/201...ll-okung-deal/

He was one of the worst LT's in the league in that regard. I think his overall grade put him in the fortieth percentile....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    This is where it gets painful -
    These fears are not unfounded. Okung hasn’t been a top-tier tackle since his one Pro Bowl season in 2012 with the Seahawks, and he notably allowed the second most QB pressures in the league last season.
    http://chargerswire.usatoday.com/201...ll-okung-deal/

He was one of the worst LT's in the league in that regard. I think his overall grade put him in the fortieth percentile....
    And he was still the best tackle we had......and we still have all those other tackles.

OKung was utter garbage...I don't think you can blame the terrible o-line coaching for that, he was crap. Period...

And he was still a better tackle than anyone on the roster. I don't know how anyone can dispute that we have gotten worse at the T position. If Elway didn't have a plan to address the tackle position through FA then it isn't a jump to say he misread Okung's value and made a mistake by not opting to keep him (I think it was $11 mil to keep him vs the $13 or whatever he got in FA).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And he was still a better tackle than anyone on the roster. I don't know how anyone can dispute that we have gotten worse at the T position. If Elway didn't have a plan to address the tackle position through FA then it isn't a jump to say he misread Okung's value and made a mistake by not opting to keep him (I think it was $11 mil to keep him vs the $13 or whatever he got in FA).
    That's like saying the fastest cripple...He's still a cripple. Our tackles were all horrid last year, but overpaying Okung wasn't the answer to fix the problem. That many more holding penalties at crucial times isn't going to be a benefit to us.

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Did you watch last season? I mean at all?

I'm about as unhappy with Siemian being the quarterback as anyone out there, but to claim losing Okung is the difference between him being on his back and not on his back completely disregards the entire 2016 season.
    We're going around and around here. I say - and a lot of experts say the same thing - that Okung wasn't great and he wasn't terrible. He was mediocre. Is Ty Sambrailo mediocre right now? Is Donald Stephenson? How about "Melalik" Watson (Elway couldn't even pronounce his name right). Cause at his press conference Elway stated that they still have faith in Ty Sambrailo. They regarded him highly when he came out 2 years ago, but he's been injured and unable to work on his strength, and his technique was abysmal last year when he did get into a game.

And that my friends is "Plan A". They may draft a T in the first round, but nobody I've heard who ever played the position think that any of the guys in this draft, NONE of whom are very highly rated by any NFL scouts or GMs - or we wouldn't be talking about those guys as possibly being there at #20, can step right in and be good at that job, any more than a QB is likely to step in and excel his rookie year.

Now, can it happen? Sure! Ryan Clady was good his rookie year and by his second year he was a Pro-Bowl LT and he invited comparisons to Joe Thomas - until he got hurt.

But, is there any Ryan Clady in this draft? No. If there was a guy who was regarded as a top 10 player, premier LT like Clady that guy would be drafted in the top 5, about #3 in fact because neither Cleveland nor S.F. need a LT, and the Broncos would no more be in position to draft him than they are Myles Garrett. Either Chicago would take him or some team would trade up to #3.

This is not just a THIN draft class at T, it's a BAD, BAD draft class where experts disagree whether ANY of these guys is worth a first round pick. Maybe yes, maybe no.

And that is not the kind of player to take at #20, a "meh, maybe in a year or two we can develop this guy into a quality starter."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    There is no reason at all to had paid Okung the 11 million, let alone 13. The Broncos aren't worst at LT because we don't know how the next one will play, they cannot be much worse than Okung who set the bar very very low. Elway did the right thing letting Okung walk.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    And he was still the best tackle we had......and we still have all those other tackles.
    Saying he's the best we had is not saying much at all other than the Broncos didnt have ANY LT who was worthy of starting last year, including Okung. None of them deserved to be a starter in this league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

We traded okubg for watson. If he can stay healthy its an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    We traded okubg for watson. If he can stay healthy its an upgrade.
    I forgot about Watson. Do you really think he's better than Okung?

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Don't know...Okung was pretty bad.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Don't know...Okung was pretty bad.
    He was definitely a big disappointment.

My brother in law is a big Seahawks fan, and half way through the year last year I asked him why he thought Okung had dropped off so much. His response surprised me. He said he thought Okung was the most overrated lineman in the history of the Seahawks franchise.

I guess we know why the Seahawks just let him walk away in spite of the horrid condition of their line.

18. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Better? Probably not. But he's not getting overpaid like Okung.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information