Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: McShay's Top 32: Christian McCaffrey rising up the board

Sweet - Stink is trumped by better analysts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I still like Sambrailo. I like it that Elway hasn't given up on him. It would be a great story if he proves that he's figured out his technique issues, gotten over his injury problems, been able to work out in the weight room and gotten much stronger, and got his confidence back.

But, as Stink says, "I just threw in about 6 maybes". Maybe he's a great player now. God, I hope so.

It sure didn't look that way last year, but it's a new year and a new staff. Elway seems to think in his presser that they could throw Ty Sambrailo out there and he'd be fine. OK, let's see it.

I'd rather see Ty Sambrailo than a 1st round LT any day. How are you going to defend this pick if Ty Sambrailo ends up starting anyway? And that is a very real possibility. Even if he turns out ultimately to fail at LT this season, he could easily get the starting job over any rookie LT they can draft this year.
    Wait? Hold on!

You've been shitting on every OL in this draft but you like Samprolo? Pudgy, lumpy, limp-dicked, soft, T-Rex armed Sampro?

Are you ******* kidding me?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I'll just let Stink answer that question:
    Sampro started at LT as a rookie...he was horrible.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Did he only start because of the clady injury?

Maybe if he could have developed inside alongside clady for a year, things could be different

But he didn't, and they're not. And he is toilet

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Did he only start because of the clady injury?

Maybe if he could have developed inside alongside clady for a year, things could be different

But he didn't, and they're not. And he is toilet
    So far that is being generous. We will see.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

7. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Sambrailo was injured. Looks like he's healthy and he's got this year to set things straight about his ability.
    Yup, reports out of camp are that he's looking good. He's put on some upper body strength which has always been the knock against him.

He wasn't horrible. He showed promise up til his injury. He did not come back as the same player unfortunately.

10. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He wasn't horrible. He showed promise up til his injury. He did not come back as the same player unfortunately.
    Well, the entire line declined abysmally under Clancy Barone's inept tutelage so that could very well have something to do with it. The nature of his injury also really kept him from putting any muscle mass on his upper body while he healed.

From all that I've heard out of camp, he was able to add that muscle mass and is starting camp on a better footing this year. He's going to have far better line coaches and we will be running a different blocking scheme this year.

I've got faith he'll be better this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

if he can actually lift his stumpy arms over his head, maybe he has a chance. . .

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Cugel, for what it's worth, I'd have a beer with you.
    You don't drink beer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Wait? Hold on!

You've been shitting on every OL in this draft but you like Samprolo? Pudgy, lumpy, limp-dicked, soft, T-Rex armed Sampro?

Are you ******* kidding me?
    I like him as a person. He came in and started because he was the emergency LT when Ryan Clady was injured. He almost immediately got hurt. They tried to rush him back in, but he couldn't go. Trying to come back too early set him back further. He's never been really healthy the last 2 years. None of that is his fault. He's done everything they asked of him, and didn't complain.

That's a certain amount of courage and dedication. Same reason I like Trevor Siemian. Now, is either Trevor or Sambrailo really good? No. Not now. Maybe Sambrailo can stay healthy, maybe work on his strength and conditioning, and then maybe fix his technique issues and emerge as a decent LT. Maybe not. As Stink says "whole lotta maybes."

I'd say the chances of that are still better than the chances some scrub of a 1st round LT will just waltz in and be a solid first year starter. That ain't happening.

John Elway just indicated that he agrees with this line of reasoning in his presser when he stated that they could start Sambrailo. Do I think that's a great idea? No. But, at least he's a veteran who has spent 2 years in the NFL and understands the system. So, mentally he's better. My ideal would have been to get a T in FA like every single analyst both expected and wanted.

I still think Elway isn't done. Even if they pick a T in the first 2 rounds I don't expect that rookie to start. I believe that Elway will try and do what he did in 2015 when they picked up LG Evan Mathis during training camp. Mathis was a long time veteran who was released by the Eagles because his play declined and he they had better options at LG who didn't cost so much.

That kind of thing happens every year. Some veteran OL gets released nobody expects because the team concludes that they have a younger player who can do as well for less money. The Broncos could wind up finding a guy like that in July for instance. Just like Mathis, the guy would be a one year rental until the rookie is ready to start.

The problem with this theory is that you're not certain some guy who is released will have anything left. It's a risk. Second, other teams might scoop him up off waivers. Third, the team has to have enough room under the cap. But, really these are minor quibbles. As we've seen with Mathis, this can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Sweet - Stink is trumped by better analysts.
    Actually, it's not just Stink. It's Jeff Saturday, who was a 4 time all-pro and Tyler Polumbus who played 8 years in the NFL -- all of them at T. No unnamed analysts actually know more about OL play than them. And they all say the same thing. I could post Saturday's detailed expert analysis of exactly why that's true, but it wouldn't convince any of you who are determined to believe the opposite.

It's like trying to argue a child out of believing in the tooth fairy. They're not going to believe you, and they're certainly not going to be grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You don't drink beer!
    Oh, I drink beer all right. I just tend to fart when I do. This tends to make me a bit less popular than might otherwise be the case.

Actually, it's not just Stink. It's Jeff Saturday, who was a 4 time all-pro and Tyler Polumbus who played 8 years in the NFL -- all of them at T. No unnamed analysts actually know more about OL play than them. And they all say the same thing. I could post Saturday's detailed expert analysis of exactly why that's true, but it wouldn't convince any of you who are determined to believe the opposite.

It's like trying to argue a child out of believing in the tooth fairy. They're not going to believe you, and they're certainly not going to be grateful!
    Right, three guys who aren't analysts vs guys whose job it is to scout guys. You can see where I find the analysts more insightful and useful?

Most of the analysts who aren't high on the class aren't high on it because it lacks depth. That's the constant comment. The lack of depth doesn't mean that the top end guys are bad.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Ne position that's not getting talked about as much as it deserves is tight end. This team desperately needs a tight end and this is a great draft to snag one and then you hope huerrman is ready to take off givng us two threats at tight end.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information