Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: hello broncosforum.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

In terms of career statistics, only Smith and Sharpe are above him in Broncos history.
    Not for long.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. I know my disagreement is with the overachiever with one special season comment.
    But it's true. He was only exceptional twice. He was only atop the league twice in his entire career. That's not the case with DT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    If I could neg rep your ass to Narnia, your bones would be sitting under a lion right now.
    I don't fear big cats.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    But it's true. He was only exceptional twice. He was only atop the league twice in his entire career. That's not the case with DT.
    He was top 10 in catches and receptions four times each and made three Pro Bowls. It wasn't just two seasons.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

He was top 10 in catches and receptions four times each and made three Pro Bowls. It wasn't just two seasons.
    Top ten in catches isn't noteworthy. Three Pro Bowls isn't noteworthy - you can make the PB easily without having a great year. He was exceptional, i.e. atop the league, twice.

He was a good player, overall. Not a great one. DT has been and remains a great one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Top ten in catches isn't noteworthy. Three Pro Bowls isn't noteworthy - you can make the PB easily without having a great year. He was exceptional, i.e. atop the league, twice.

He was a good player, overall. Not a great one. DT has been and remains a great one.
    DT is a good player as well.

DT shows more amazingness on a per-snap basis. Rod wouldn't even argue that. Same goes with Marshall. I mean, those dudes are freaks.

At this point, Rod has the better career. Remember how everyone annointed Tiger before he actually, you know, beat Niklaus's record?

You gotta do the thing to get the GOAT type accolades.

Love both of those fine stud Bronco receivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

DT is a great player.

DT has had more elite seasons than Rod Smith. Ergo, he is better than Rod Smith. Rod Smith has had the better career. But at their best, DT is better, and he's been elite more times. Tiger was going to break that record and then his wife beat perma-styled on him. I'm not sure any conclusions can be drawn from that. DT doesn't have to get GOAT type accolades as being better than Rod Smith isn't close to reaching GOAT numbers or levels of play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well, I suppose if you knockout anything that isn't No. 1, then yeah, I guess he wasn't very good at all under that context.

I disagree with the context.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

He was not consistently a great WR and DT was. I think it is this easy, Moseph.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He was not consistently a great WR and DT was. I think it is this easy, Moseph.
    DT has never led the league in anything, so by your context, he cannot be consistently great.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

GEM

DT has never led the league in anything, so by your context, he cannot be consistently great.
    But he has had overall elite years. He's been a top five WR for quite some time. Rod Smith was not that. Ergo, not great. It's disrespectful to DT to be compared to RS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But he has had overall elite years. He's been a top five WR for quite some time. Rod Smith was not that. Ergo, not great. It's disrespectful to DT to be compared to RS.
    He's been a top 5 receiver statistically in the same number of years as Rod Smith. I agree that might change, I agree it's likely it changes. But right now, your argument doesn't hold up.

That said, to my point earlier, I believe Thomas is superior to Smith. But not statistically. Not yet.

He's been a top 5 receiver statistically in the same number of years as Rod Smith. I agree that might change, I agree it's likely it changes. But right now, your argument doesn't hold up.

That said, to my point earlier, I believe Thomas is superior to Smith. But not statistically. Not yet.
    The fact that DT has hit that peak so early in his career puts him ahead of Smith by far and away. And that's considering the injuries that DT has had.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The fact that DT has hit that peak so early in his career puts him ahead of Smith by far and away. And that's considering the injuries that DT has had.
    At this point, his best year was year 5. Smith's was year 7.

Rod Smith's great years: 2000 and 2001.

DT's great years: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.

He's doubled him in great years. And he's on track to shatter Smith's numbers. We know who is better at their best, and it's DT. We know who is more likely to put forth elite production, DT. We know who is better at scoring TD's, and it's DT. For record, in 12 years Smith had 68 TD's. In seven seasons DT has 52. Smith is a fan favorite who is remembered fondly for overachieving. DT is in the doghouse of the fans for not putting up Megatron numbers every year and being blasted for 'drops'.

Rod Smith is not nearly as good as DT.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information