Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: hello broncosforum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I edited my reply after you made this post.

ANSWER THE QUESTION!
    It's a bad transitional word. I don't even realize I'm typing as I write. It's my one weakness I suppose.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

DT is better than Rod.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    DT is better than Rod.
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. I know my disagreement is with the overachiever with one special season comment.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. I know my disagreement is with the overachiever with one special season comment.
    I don't even think it's right to say that he's better right now. DT is all the right track more likely than not he's going to surpass rod in the end but until he does I don't think it's fair to say that he is better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

DT is better than Rod.
    DT "can" be better than Rod. At this point, he's not.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It's very very likely that he's going to be way better than rod when all is said and done. Right now he's not there yet. He could fall off the face of the Earth and never surpass Rod Smith. Until he does he's still second-best

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thomas is a better receiver than Rod Smith. You're right, I can't compare their complete careers yet.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Thomas is a better receiver than Rod Smith. You're right, I can't compare their complete careers yet.
    Yeah, it's kinda silly to use their career stats to say Rod is better. Of course Rod has better career stats since he, you know, finished his career. But you can evaluate both on the field and pretty clearly see who has more talent. And this is from someone who is probably more "down" on DT than most.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm not trying to dismiss DT's efforts and production, but I feel like it's a slight on Rod Smith. DT is definitely the better athlete of the two. Time will tell if he's actually better as a football player/WR.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda silly to use their career stats to say Rod is better. Of course Rod has better career stats since he, you know, finished his career. But you can evaluate both on the field and pretty clearly see who has more talent. And this is from someone who is probably more "down" on DT than most.
    I'm sorry - did someone ask your opinion on the matter?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Who's better?

Lebron James or Michael Jordan?

Joe Montana or John Elway?

Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

It's a futile argument. They were all great.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not trying to dismiss DT's efforts and production, but I feel like it's a slight on Rod Smith. DT is definitely the better athlete of the two. Time will tell if he's actually better as a football player/WR.
    It's not a slight in any way on Rod. Demaryius Thomas is the best receiver Denver has ever had. We'll see if he has a better career.

My argument is basically taking the side of the Barry Sanders vs. Emmitt Smith argument. Sanders was the better running back, Smith had the better career. It's not a slight on either, they were both great.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

DT is better than Rod.
    Unequivocally

It's not a slight in any way on Rod. Demaryius Thomas is the best receiver Denver has ever had. We'll see if he has a better career.

My argument is basically taking the side of the Barry Sanders vs. Emmitt Smith argument. Sanders was the better running back, Smith had the better career. It's not a slight on either, they were both great.
    If Brandon Marshall had his head screwed on straight and had stayed with us, I'd actually rank him above dt. If we can get the offense I track dt well probably pass both of them on the all time list

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If Brandon Marshall had his head screwed on straight and had stayed with us, I'd actually rank him above dt. If we can get the offense I track dt well probably pass both of them on the all time list
    He passed Marshall four seasons ago in yards and three seasons ago in catches and touchdowns.

In terms of career statistics, only Smith and Sharpe are above him in Broncos history.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information