Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: California officer throws jaywalker to the ground and punches him in the face

"Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Some people deserve to get punched in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quoting NPR, The Washington Post and Chicago Tribune doesn't really help your argument. Any statistic can be manipulated to meet one's argument or statement.

How about this FOX article?

If you begin to asses variables in officer behavior or pro-activity linked to morale, the data on officers killed in the line of duty begins to take on a different perspective.

Some of the pullback in officer pro-activity has been characterized as the "Ferguson Effect," or "ACLU Effect." These phenomena mark a fear on the part of the officer that his or her actions will be misjudged, mischaracterized, or even vilified and, thus, they refrain from engaging in any enforcement activity other than what they are legally and morally obliged to do.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel even noted this phenomenon last year when he said that officers had "pulled back from the ability to interdict … they don't want to be a news story themselves, they don't want their career ended early, and it's having an impact."

Sadly, data without context is no indicator of truth. The ongoing rhetorical war on police continues to make the average street cop's job more dangerous, difficult, and emotionally taxing.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...dangerous.html

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, we should trust the Fox article that only cites two years of data versus the NPR article that cited 47.

Lol. That's laughable. Absolutely nothing wrong with King's links.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, we should trust the Fox article that only cites two years of data versus the NPR article that cited 47.

Lol. That's laughable. Absolutely nothing wrong with King's links.
    I'm so surprised this is your response! And, I'm indicating there are other sources of information available. Nothing more, nothing less.

I mean, statistically speaking, the most recent years on record are a bit more valuable than the last 1/2 century - wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Holy shit, is that Bubbles from The Wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Most of these incidents i will say both parties are in the wrong. If you ignore a cops demands and disrespectful you are asking for trouble. However cops are being excessive.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Holy shit, is that Bubbles from The Wire?
    Looks like Sammy Davis Jr. Lol
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Let me be clear - I'm not defending the bad police officers out there. But anyone who denies there is vitriol against the police today in general is just being ignorant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm so surprised this is your response! And, I'm indicating there are other sources of information available. Nothing more, nothing less.

I mean, statistically speaking, the most recent years on record are a bit more valuable than the last 1/2 century - wouldn't you agree?
    No. Because, statistically, there are too many anomalies in a two year period. There are not in 47 years.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. Because, statistically, there are too many anomalies in a two year period. There are not in 47 years.
    I'll remember this when you reference statistics in football. You know, "the game has changed" and all...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'll remember this when you reference statistics in football. You know, "the game has changed" and all...
    It's a set of data points, Joe. Two is not enough to draw conclusions or trends from. That's basic. Some of your complaints about media are valid. This one was astoundingly dumb.

**** that noise! I stand with the thin blue line. We have a world of idiots being raised and it's getting worse. Here is another video that went viral of a dummy harassing officers in a deli. This is the type of shit that would make me snap. I could of never been a cop.

https://youtu.be/_Nd7pFwyFb0
    Of course you do - ideology all day baybee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Ironically the stats account for what Joe is concernd about.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Let me be clear - I'm not defending the bad police officers out there. But anyone who denies there is vitriol against the police today in general is just being ignorant.
    No one has denied that - but the data shows it's safer to be a cop now. Meanwhile we see abuse by cops all the time.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information