Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Starting QB prediction

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Read what I actually posted. Read it. I said that TS was captain checkdown in training camp. Those are my words in the post that you quoted which started this entire exchange. It gets really old being misquoted, informing the person that they misquoted me, and then having them continue on.

Remember when you did it when I was defending TS on NOT being the guy who only threw a two yard pass when it was third and eight?
    Your original post is confusing, but I see what you mean now.

In your original post did you intend to say that Lynch now is more raw than Siemian was last year in OTAs or camp? How is that possible when Lynch has played in two NFL games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

This is a pointless expenditure. To answer your question - I get what you're saying. I would opine that Lynch was so raw coming out that even with those two starts he's still rawer than TS was. Partially because I put a lot of stock and faith in what a QB can learn in meetings with PFM, which TS had and PL didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Facts about Captain Checkdown.

Average air yards per attempt, 2016: 4.01
    Blackbeard: 3.96

Other 2016 passers, air yards per attempt:

Philip Rivers: 3.94
    Aaron Rodgers: 3.91
    Matthew Stafford: 3.53
    Joe Flacco: 3.26
    Alex Smith: 3.23

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...ir-yards/2016/

Let's stick to reality instead of contrived narratives.
    BTW, Kinger--your hypothesis that winning QBs don't need to throw the ball as far in the air doesn't have merit. Here are all the QBs with more air yards per attempt than Cap't Checkdown, they average a 58% winning record.

QB - Air Yards per attempt - W%
    Cousins - 4.85 - 53%
    Ryan - 4.81 - 69%
    Winston - 4.77 - 56%
    Luck - 4.69 - 53%
    Prescott - 4.65 - 81%
    Mariota - 4.65 - 53%
    Wilson - 4.47 - 67%
    Palmer - 4.33 - 40%
    Tyrod T - 4.29 - 47%
    Newton - 4.23 - 43%
    Brady - 4.33 - 92%
    Brees - 4.15 - 44%
    Dalton - 4.13 - 40%
    Roethlisberger - 4.12 - 71%
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

He looks like he's ahead of where TS was this time last year while working the entire field. What I'm reading is making me cautiously optimistic.
    Yea but it depends on who you are reading. Reneck seems to feel like he's struggling.

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea but it depends on who you are reading. Reneck seems to feel like he's struggling.
    This is the third best point made in the history of....the past fifteen minutes.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Contriving Paxton is ahead of any perceived development TS had last year is a reach my friend.

Most QB 's look good in 7 on 7 drills while everyone runs around in shorts.

We won't have much to go on until he at least faces a vanilla defense who can muster a pass rush with 4 in the pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Contriving Paxton is ahead of any perceived development TS had last year is a reach my friend.

Most QB 's look good in 7 on 7 drills while everyone runs around in shorts.

We won't have much to go on until he at least faces a vanilla defense who can muster a pass rush with 4 in the pre season.

If this comes out snarky, I apologize: No, it's not. Last year I recall reading how even in the seven on sevens it was small ball by TS. In this PL isn't playing smallball, i.e. he's doing more. He's doing more at this point last year than PL was. It's not a reach, it's an interpretation of the same articles that we've all read. Heaven forbid someone not just suckle on the teat of TS and be optimistic about Lynch.

If this comes out snarky, I apologize: No, it's not. Last year I recall reading how even in the seven on sevens it was small ball by TS. In this PL isn't playing smallball, i.e. he's doing more. He's doing more at this point last year than PL was. It's not a reach, it's an interpretation of the same articles that we've all read. Heaven forbid someone not just suckle on the teat of TS and be optimistic about Lynch.
    I'm optimistic his footwork has improved, that is all. We'll see if the mental aspect has improved when the bullets start flying, Mr. snark.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm optimistic his footwork has improved, that is all. We'll see if the mental aspect has improved when the bullets start flying, Mr. snark.
    Well, the bullets were flying today. And the comparison is aimed towards this time last year. Not sure what the issue is, or what the refutations are supposed to be? It really does feel like any 'Pro-PL' post must be snuffed out as soon as possible!

I don't care who wins the competition. I'll just say this.... Tom Brady is considered one of the best QBs in history (not by me) and he rarely throws down the field so maybe it's not that big of an issue. That being said, I do appreciate having a QB back there who is willing to throw it down the field so the defense has to defend more space.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

13. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Well, the bullets were flying today. And the comparison is aimed towards this time last year. Not sure what the issue is, or what the refutations are supposed to be? It really does feel like any 'Pro-PL' post must be snuffed out as soon as possible!
    Why so serious?

You can't run with the horses if the footmen make you tired my friend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am pro-PL!

Facts about Captain Checkdown.

Average air yards per attempt, 2016: 4.01
    Blackbeard: 3.96

Other 2016 passers, air yards per attempt:

Philip Rivers: 3.94
    Aaron Rodgers: 3.91
    Matthew Stafford: 3.53
    Joe Flacco: 3.26
    Alex Smith: 3.23

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...ir-yards/2016/

Let's stick to reality instead of contrived narratives.
    Lol nothing like pointless (averages), go find TS stats for 3rd down..... And tell me he didn't constantly throw the 2 yard check down on 3rd and 8 or more the entire year. If you are going to argue for TS lets not be delusional and act like he isn't a check down artist.

If TS was Captain Checkdown in 2016, then Rivers was Major Checkdown, Rodgers was Colonel Checkdown, and Stafford was Admiral Checkdown.

Based on data.

Keep rolling out your narratives though, stories are fascinating and easy to repeat with effect, even when untrue.
    Except the entire league knows Rivers is known for attacking down field. Anybody whose this delusional isn't going too see the obvious. Like you really are trying to compare Trevor to Rivers..... ( if TS is a check down artist then so is rivers) argument is the weakest I've seen! Give Phillip DT and Sanders instead of the bums he was forced to play with and then come tell us how he's a check down quarterback. I guess you are one of those Broncos fan's who have forgotten how many time's Phillip has bombed on us and the entire league when he actually had weapons.

This is the third best point made in the history of....the past fifteen minutes.
    To be clear, I'm not saying Troy's right, I'm just saying, different reporters spin things different way and most of the glowing reports towards lynch come from Cecil who loves Paxton, so...just take it with a grain of salt. There is probably validity to it, the truth might lie somewhere in the middle.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information