Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Starting QB prediction

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I hate 'losing' and never want to look weak.

It's my ego.
    You should become a trial attorney. Well, first I need to hear your voice and get a sense of your presence. But if I was the scouting type I'd say you have big league potential on the dance floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I hate 'losing' and never want to look weak. It's my ego.
    Ironically that's your biggest weakness

3. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Ironically that's your biggest weakness
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Agreed.
    That's an improvement right there. Well done!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Given the recent reports from OTAs I think Paxton is looking like he is going to take the lead. He's doing every bit as well but he's pushing the ball downfield. To me that's very important.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Given the recent reports from OTAs I think Paxton is looking like he is going to take the lead. He's doing every bit as well but he's pushing the ball downfield. To me that's very important.
    Only thing i read on siemian is he is getting it out quicker but hitting check downs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Only thing i read on siemian is he is getting it out quicker but hitting check downs.
    Seems like most of the press is focused on Paxton. Not sure if that is meaningful, but is kind of telling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Seems like most of the press is focused on Paxton. Not sure if that is meaningful, but is kind of telling.
    Day 1 open to media, day 2 closed, day 3 open. So it all depends. Lynch ran the 1s on day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    That's all he did all week, while Paxton attacked the entire field. Paxton won the week so much that McCoy was talking about how he has been making throws you ( WIN GAMES WITH)..... If that isn't telling then I don't know what is. McCoy can see already who gives the offense the best chance to reach it's max potential.... And that's having a guy who can shred a defense everywhere on the field. He also mentions how poise Lynch is and how he's making every throw they ask him to make.

Meanwhile Trevor is just throwing dump off check downs. I don't think McCoy is all that interested in his offense being that. Especially with the explosive player's we have, and drafted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    That's all he did all week, while Paxton attacked the entire field. Paxton won the week so much that McCoy was talking about how he has been making throws you ( WIN GAMES WITH)..... If that isn't telling then I don't know what is. McCoy can see already who gives the offense the best chance to reach it's max potential.... And that's having a guy who can shred a defense everywhere on the field. He also mentions how poise Lynch is and how he's making every throw they ask him to make.

Meanwhile Trevor is just throwing dump off check downs. I don't think McCoy is all that interested in his offense being that. Especially with the explosive player's we have, and drafted.
    Where exactly are you watching practice from?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Well, every single QB drafted in the first round has started for his team. Every one but Johnny Manziel and he failed because he couldn't get his act together off the field. History thus states that if an NFL team drafts a QB in the first round, that guy has to be just an extraordinary dumbass not to start at some point for his team.

In Denver, whoever starts against the Chargers in game 1 won't be starting in game 16 if the team doesn't win. This ain't Cleveland where they are wildly happy if the team wins 8 games. Here, John Elway expects and demands that his QBs be as talented and productive as Phillip Rivers or Derek Carr.

Because, that's what you need to win SBs or even get to the SB past Tom Brady. First the Broncos need to win their division, and then force the Patriots to come here to play in the AFC Championship game. That worked twice in the last 4 years. But, to win the division you need a QB who can compete with the really good QBs in this division. And that means a top 10 QB (roughly).

So, if Paxton or Trevor convinces Elway that "this guy is developing into a top 10 QB" that guy will keep his job. And if not he won't.

And if neither of these guys looks like a future top 10 QB by season's end, Elway will go back in the draft in 2018 and draft another QB in the first or 2nd round. And then both of the previous QBs will be on the trading block.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Manziel started eight games for the team he was drafted for.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post

Puerile jabber.

Come to think of it, who said you could leave the kids table and join the grown ups?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Puerile jabber.

Come to think of it, who said you could leave the kids table and join the grown ups?
    Yup as it was written, Paxton caps off an impressive week..... Just those who are there watching the guy's practice, I'm fine with being at that table right now.

If Trevor was winning the competition right now we'd haved to accept that as well. Trevor can not be out shined in practice and expect to get the nod for the actual game's. He doesn't really have a physical advantage to bank on. He's supposed to be the smart one, quick learner and always look good in shorts. he out classed Paxton and Sanchez in OTAs going forward last off season. If it sounded like more of that then Trevor would definitely be closer to getting the nod over Paxton.

That's the 3rd time you've made me use a dictionary

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information