Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Starting QB prediction

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    A fifteen yard pass isn't really deep. His deep ball passing ability has fluctuated a little - it's not his strength.
    This is just based on the nfl.com situational stats i found. Its just stopped at 15+ yards.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    This is just based on the nfl.com situational stats i found. Its just stopped at 15+ yards.
    I understand - there's a poverty in some of those stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I understand - there's a poverty in some of those stats.
    Why i dont think stats tell the whole story. Eye test and game results speak volumes too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

YAC isn't the same. Anyone that has spent any time watching the Patriots knows that he throws underneath a lot. His receivers make up the extra yardage.

How many times did he throw a 5 yard pass, and Gronk or Edelman took it to the house or at least for 15 yards?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    YAC isn't the same. Anyone that has spent any time watching the Patriots knows that he throws underneath a lot. His receivers make up the extra yardage.

How many times did he throw a 5 yard pass, and Gronk or Edelman took it to the house or at least for 15 yards?
    This is true, there are only 5 starters with a higher YAC% of receiving yardage than Brady: Stafford, Eli Manning, Tannehill, Bradford, and King YAC--Alex Smith.

At least in '16.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...ir-yards/2016/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    This is true, there are only 5 starters with a higher YAC% of receiving yardage than Brady: Stafford, Eli Manning, Tannehill, Bradford, and King YAC--Alex Smith.

At least in '16.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...ir-yards/2016/
    A lot of that comes from being hyper-accurate and hitting receivers in stride so they can keep running.

8. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    A lot of that comes from being hyper-accurate and hitting receivers in stride so they can keep running.
    Great point. And something in Alex Smith's favor that he'll never get credit for.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

High fives all around the room

Great point. And something in Alex Smith's favor that he'll never get credit for.
    Because he's a lackluster QB who can never carry a team and only be passably mediocre in a passing league gone wild. Rodgers should get credit for that same feat - Smith does not deserve such credit.

We don't praise the peasants, Driver.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Because he's a lackluster QB who can never carry a team and only be passably mediocre in a passing league gone wild. Rodgers should get credit for that same feat - Smith does not deserve such credit.

We don't praise the peasants, Driver.
    There is a slightly improved version of Smith that people call elite. He's made some incredible plays throughout his career with his arm and legs.

Look, I don't have any desire to be this kid's advocate, but he is paid what he's paid for a reason.

I don't know what he's missing, but he doesn't have that chillaxified factor like a Montana, Elway, Favre or Rodgers that overcomes the greatest adversity while smirking.

He's a conference championship caliber QB. In a parallel universe he won a superbowl.

We all know what he is. Not your #1 for prom, but not fuggly either.

There is a slightly improved version of Smith that people call elite. He's made some incredible plays throughout his career with his arm and legs.

Look, I don't have any desire to be this kid's advocate, but he is paid what he's paid for a reason.

I don't know what he's missing, but he doesn't have that chillaxified factor like a Montana, Elway, Favre or Rodgers that overcomes the greatest adversity while smirking.

He's a conference championship caliber QB. In a parallel universe he won a superbowl.

We all know what he is. Not your #1 for prom, but not fuggly either.
    Elite? He's not even a top ten QB, he can't be elite.

He's paid a lot of money because any passable QB is paid a lot of money.

He's a guy who got to a conference championship - a lot of bad players have.

We all know what he is - not your number one for prom, and at best you're getting a handie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Elite? He's not even a top ten QB, he can't be elite.

He's paid a lot of money because any passable QB is paid a lot of money.

He's a guy who got to a conference championship - a lot of bad players have.

We all know what he is - not your number one for prom, and at best you're getting a handie.
    Dude, I'm not going to argue the Alex Smith side of this thing. Not for trial practice. Not for sport. Just no.

Dude, I'm not going to argue the Alex Smith side of this thing. Not for trial practice. Not for sport. Just no.
    I'm willing to let this go - but if I didn't respond I would have felt like I was conceding.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm willing to let this go - but if I didn't respond I would have felt like I was conceding.
    You did great.

You did great.
    I hate 'losing' and never want to look weak.

It's my ego.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information