Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Starting QB prediction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Can't disagree with this.
    I would love for Paxton to just blow everyone away this offseason and prove me wrong, but I'm not seeing it right now. It just still doesn't sound like anything thinks he will be ready soon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

100% trev.

MO and VK are going to taste the rainbow.

Trev and Latimer will be the number one qb and wr do this season.

Ok, not the Latimer part.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    100% trev.

MO and VK are going to taste the rainbow.

Trev and Latimer will be the number one qb and wr do this season.

Ok, not the Latimer part.
    I don't understand what's happening here. Are you suggesting Trevor Siemian is the first openly gay quarterback?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I don't understand what's happening here. Are you suggesting Trevor Siemian is the first openly gay quarterback?
    Sounds like you sure hope so

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Sounds like you sure hope so
    I think you're projecting.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think you're projecting.
    That's exactly what someone in denial would say.

Embrace the siemian, and all those uncomfortable repressed feelings he causes in you!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I would love for Paxton to just blow everyone away this offseason and prove me wrong, but I'm not seeing it right now. It just still doesn't sound like anything thinks he will be ready soon.
    He didn't blow you away in the offseason?

Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

If only he had led the team to a SB victory during the offseason...that would have blown me away.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Slim, ****. I wasn't being literal there. My point was that I'd like to see reports of him blowing the coaches away, but so far, the only reports that come to mind this offseason were that Elway doesn't like his work ethic and the new coaches really like Siemian. Not exactly ringing endorsements of PL.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hawgtake #1738:

Paxton hasn't really grown up. He's a hell of a competitor but just doesn't project to coaches as mature enough that he can be trusted with the keys to the Lambo. Paxton has cleaned up mechanics under center and other details of playing the position, but carries the stigma of being a mentally soft, unhungry rookie into this year. Not holding an offseason clinic or practice with WRs (like Peyton used to do every offseason by this point) was a missed opportunity for Paxton to gain advantage going into the 2017 season. The offseason chatter from VJ is designed simply to let Paxton know that he needs to ball out if he's serious about the getting the job.

I think the two QBs are very close in ability--Siemian with an edge in intelligence, Paxton with an edge in retardedly strong arm-ness--but this year the real test is how well does each deal with adversity? I give Siemian the edge because everything so far for him has been one big deal-with-adversity fest, but Paxton could be accused of coasting on his talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I dont know of many QB who hold passing clinics with WR. Peyton did at Duke and the Sanchez did. Look where it got the sanchez.

Lynch will be far more at home in new offense than with kubiaks offense. I think the addition of musgrave speaks volumes to these two young QBs. They want to develop them. Lynch just has an insanely higher ceiling then siemian.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Hawgtake #1738:

Paxton hasn't really grown up. He's a hell of a competitor but just doesn't project to coaches as mature enough that he can be trusted with the keys to the Lambo. Paxton has cleaned up mechanics under center and other details of playing the position, but carries the stigma of being a mentally soft, unhungry rookie into this year. Not holding an offseason clinic or practice with WRs (like Peyton used to do every offseason by this point) was a missed opportunity for Paxton to gain advantage going into the 2017 season. The offseason chatter from VJ is designed simply to let Paxton know that he needs to ball out if he's serious about the getting the job.

I think the two QBs are very close in ability--Siemian with an edge in intelligence, Paxton with an edge in retardedly strong arm-ness--but this year the real test is how well does each deal with adversity? I give Siemian the edge because everything so far for him has been one big deal-with-adversity fest, but Paxton could be accused of coasting on his talent.
    The part I find most troubling is that the guys with the intangibles seem to enter the league with them - nobody needed to teach Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson how to be a pro or a leader. They came in with a chip on their shoulder and a desire to outwork and lead by example.

Couple that with the fact that Paxton didn't seem to be very accurate - I'm bearish.

That said - he seemed to be really quick on his feet relative to Brock. Seems like he's got the tools if someone could harness them effectively.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Slim, ****. I wasn't being literal there. My point was that I'd like to see reports of him blowing the coaches away, but so far, the only reports that come to mind this offseason were that Elway doesn't like his work ethic and the new coaches really like Siemian. Not exactly ringing endorsements of PL.
    They just started this week. Any report you read prior to that is speculation, at best.

You are smarter than this.

The part I find most troubling is that the guys with the intangibles seem to enter the league with them - nobody needed to teach Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson how to be a pro or a leader. They came in with a chip on their shoulder and a desire to outwork and lead by example.

Couple that with the fact that Paxton didn't seem to be very accurate - I'm bearish.

That said - he seemed to be really quick on his feet relative to Brock. Seems like he's got the tools if someone could harness them effectively.
    Eh - everyone said Eli Manning wasn't a leader and then he won two SB's. Flacco wasn't a leader until he won a SB. IIRC, no one was calling Brady a leader until his second SB. I think leadership is a random intangible quality that we like to think we can see. Sometimes it is apparent, and sometimes it's not. I'm not trying to dismiss what you're saying because to an extent I do agree with you. We'll just see how it pans out.

PL wasn't very accurate, but he was on par with the around the same percentage as TS. It's more 'encouraging' to see that number from PL than it is from TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, but let me ask you: if this turns out to be true, is it time to shop Lynch? I don't mean TS starting, I mean the reason why Lynch isn't starting.
    I mean, why would it be? He's got no real value if we're so eager to throw him away. Sit on him as a backup, hope he develops and then let him build up his value.

Our QB's are dirt cheap. It would be stupid to shop either of them, better to have the depth.

23. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information