Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Starting QB prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Meh, this has actually been going on long before PS and TS or even Tebow and Orton. There were some heated debates and sides taken when Plummer and Cutler were here as well. Comes with the territory with Denver since Elway retired. Until a player officially becomes the next great QB of the Broncos its always going to be this way.
    Yes. We were spared this crapolla after Tebow left town and Peyton arrived. Outside a few unrepentant Teboners who insisted that "Manning is washed up! We should have kept Tebow!" we didn't have to worry about QB controversies.

Then came 2015 and Peyton was injured and it was all "the age of Manning is over! The time of the Brock has come!"

Well, that didn't last long either. Now it's "Trevor is the one!" Aside from the Teboners who loved him for religious reasons, and Florida fans, there were a ton of fans who fall in love with any late round "lunch pail guy" who has a hard luck story.

After Trevor they will throw their support to Chad Kelly, "the Gunslinger." Oooh! He's a gunslinger! Ok. Do we really want a gunslinger? Jay Cutler was a gunslinger. How did that work out for ya?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I remember many Bronco fans who preferred the Broncos with Tebow at QB over Orton. The only ones who were mad at John were pure Tebow fanbois.

There might have been one or two that wanted Tebow to stay in Denver and back up Manning when Peyton signed.

Tebow was a terrible passer and I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed either. He is a great human being though.
    Ok, great human being that had Broncos fans shitting on everybody from John Elway to Mark Schlereth to Jerry Rice. Thin-skinned and defensive, literally anybody that was honest about his ability to play QB had their credibility and motives questioned. You're welcome to go back and take names.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Ok, great human being that had Broncos fans shitting on everybody from John Elway to Mark Schlereth to Jerry Rice. Thin-skinned and defensive, literally anybody that was honest about his ability to play QB had their credibility and motives questioned. You're welcome to go back and take names.
    Oh hell no. Not worth the time. I don't think it was Tim's fault that some people are psychos.

5. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Oh hell no. Not worth the time. I don't think it was Tim's fault that some people are psychos.
    I do.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I do.
    I can tell.

Tebow haters can criticize all they want. His fans drove me nuts too, but he brought excitement back to the team after the awful McDaniels-Orton years. He wasn't a great passer, but the team (usually) won with him. That being said, dropping him for Manning was a "no brainer."
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah depends I guess, 2-7 passing isn't exactly what I call exciting.

Odd that someone that shit all over Gary Kubiak for his offense would find THAT shit exciting.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Yeah depends I guess, 2-7 passing isn't exactly what I call exciting.

Odd that someone that shit all over Gary Kubiak for his offense would find THAT shit exciting.
    I find winning exciting. Kubiak's offense was shit, but I enjoyed the winning. That was mainly due to Wade Phillips, though. I find it odd that you don't understand that.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Von Miller brought excitement back to the team after the awful McDaniels years.
    FIFY

Let's give credit where it's really due...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Tebow haters can criticize all they want. His fans drove me nuts too, but he brought excitement back to the team after the awful McDaniels-Orton years. He wasn't a great passer, but the team (usually) won with him. That being said, dropping him for Manning was a "no brainer."
    Super exciting backing into the playoffs after a 2-7 passing performance by our QB, who was only allowed to throw the ball 7 times because of the assbeating he took in Buffalo. Super exciting watching a 1-5 finish to end the season, including pounding he took in NE.

I'm being facetious, yes making the playoffs after a 4-12 season was exciting. Watching MB3 run out of bounds to give Prater that chance to hit that long field goal was really exciting.
    Last edited by CoryWinget81; 05-21-2017 at 06:51 AM.

15. The Following User High Fived CoryWinget81 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Super exciting backing into the playoffs after a 2-7 passing performance by our QB, who was only allowed to throw the ball 7 times because of the assbeating he took in Buffalo. Super exciting watching a 1-5 finish to end the season, including pounding he took in NE.

I'm being facetious, yes making the playoffs after a 4-12 season was exciting. Watching MB3 run out of bounds to give Prater that chance to hit that long field goal was really exciting.
    LOL - i remember that Bears game well - i was watching it and about to go to bed because of the time difference, then all of a sudden that happened, i ended up struggling to sleep that night because i was so buzzing #toomuchhype but i totally share your view (i can also remember the little bits of magic that made that season so entertaining - Jets, Dolphins, Pitt.

However, the Lions, Bills, Pats and Chiefs games (and if i am honest over three quarters of the other games - including over 1/2 of the pitt game) just made me want to shoot myself in the face

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol, people man. Good grief.

Yes, Tebow was not a great QB but considering everything that was going on that year the fact we even made the playoffs was exciting, beating the Steelers on the first play of OT in the postseason was exciting, winning a lot of close games at the end during the regular season was exciting. Did we get help in some cases (Bears, SD losing to Oakland)? Absolutely. But if you cant see that season for what it was and at least be excited that as a franchise we took the absolute worst hand that we could possibly have and still won a playoff game im not sure there is any hope for you as a football fan. You know whats not exciting? Getting ass raped by the Seachickens in the biggest game of the year. Point is, you take the good with the bad and for at least one season Tebow was exciting enough to at least give us something to cheer about. We could of easily just finished the year not winning another game but as a Bronco fan i will take a season of at least making the playoffs any day over being a bottom feeder for 10 plus years (Oakland says hello).

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol, people man. Good grief.

Yes, Tebow was not a great QB but considering everything that was going on that year the fact we even made the playoffs was exciting, beating the Steelers on the first play of OT in the postseason was exciting, winning a lot of close games at the end during the regular season was exciting. Did we get help in some cases (Bears, SD losing to Oakland)? Absolutely. But if you cant see that season for what it was and at least be excited that as a franchise we took the absolute worst hand that we could possibly have and still won a playoff game im not sure there is any hope for you as a football fan. You know whats not exciting? Getting ass raped by the Seachickens in the biggest game of the year. Point is, you take the good with the bad and for at least one season Tebow was exciting enough to at least give us something to cheer about. We could of easily just finished the year not winning another game but as a Bronco fan i will take a season of at least making the playoffs any day over being a bottom feeder for 10 plus years (Oakland says hello).
    But North, the QB threw such ugly passes. Don't you remember how pretty all those tight spirals were that Orton threw when we lost to Oakland 49-14?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Breaking: I predict Denver will have a QB in 2017, and s/he/it will start. 100% mortal lock (you heard it here first.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

22. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Do they have schools where you're from?
    This is a dumb question, do they have fool's where you're from?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information