Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Vance Joseph offseason workout presser

Id love Ward to get an offer but he wont. We extended Dstew for a reason and not TJ...Simmonds will replace him and so will parks...We have looked at late round S and I expect us to go there in the 7th or udfa...Yes, we have looked at the baller 1st rd safties too, but more incase they fall, not because we want.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    With the drafting of a SS and a FS in parks and Simmons the writing is probably on the wal for Ward and eventually Stewart unless the young ones flame out.
    Stewart has simmons on his tailcoats. Parks has not been much more than specials teams so far. Simmons has flashed a lot. Ward is almost an annual pro bowler and under 30. He will prob stay around until parks starts to press him for playing time. But when ward is healthy and he is taking 90% of snaps. I do not see him being replaced by a mid rounder who has not flashed much on field.

Ward snap counts
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...9/fantasy/2016

Yeah for this year, if the young one's step up this year or at least one of them plays out standing in his back up role then I feel ward will be expendable. If ward has a dominant year and the youngins are just average then he will probably be extended on a 2 year deal. Hopefully nothing longer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Yeah for this year, if the young one's step up this year or at least one of them plays out standing in his back up role then I feel ward will be expendable. If ward has a dominant year and the youngins are just average then he will probably be extended on a 2 year deal. Hopefully nothing longer.
    Simmons is a FS. Parks is SS. Ward is a box safety. Parks would have to ball out. Simmons imo is on track to take over for stewart.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Simmons is a FS. Parks is SS. Ward is a box safety. Parks would have to ball out. Simmons imo is on track to take over for stewart.
    the thing is, though, stewart can play either spot. . . if they have simmons tabbed as a starter going forward, he can play the centerfielder role, and stewart can play more in the box. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the thing is, though, stewart can play either spot. . . if they have simmons tabbed as a starter going forward, he can play the centerfielder role, and stewart can play more in the box. . .
    #versatilesafety
    #box
    #coverage
    #bighits
    #dogfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Ward is better then stewart and you are talking about the best secodary 3 years running. Unless one of those 4 lose a step or another beats them out i doubt elways messes with it unless it comes to money and backup is not a talent drop.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information