Thread: What AirBnb is best of these in Denver?

Default What AirBnb is best of these in Denver?

I can't keep up with Denver's transformation. I was a kid when I lived in CO - and since I've come back many times and either stayed in Five Points or been in the Springs for this or that reason.

My wife and her family has heard me talking up this place for so many years her Brother is considering relocating there - the chickens have come to roost. And you know what - I'm not much help.

Any opinions on these 3 places / areas for a July stay?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1547156...out=2017-07-26

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1580577...tes&s=JDqAio-6

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Vacation..._Colorado.html

Thanks in advance -

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Are you looking for an extended stay situation? Those seem awfully expensive unless you're going to be housing several people. Residence Inn's offer two bedroom suites with full kitchen and living room for about 1/2 those prices.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

tell him that traffic is awful, and denver is a miserable place to live. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I stayed in a top notch motel, I can send you the details if you like

Providing you don't have a problem bed sheets that look like they were used during an abortion, a smell of death and a constant feeling of threat

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

Providing you don't have a problem bed sheets that look like they were used during an abortion, a smell of death and a constant feeling of threat
    And those are the good points, it's ok though, the constant feeling of threat was from the staff!

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

It's weird how you pack those sheets around on all your road trips.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'd go with one of the more modern places in the Highlands/LoHi area. Easy access to downtown, and they are in an up and coming part of town.

Capitol Hill is a nice location too - but everything is a little more dated as that Victorian place reflects.

All of your options are pretty centrally located so it really comes down to amenities.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'd go with one of the more modern places in the Highlands/LoHi area. Easy access to downtown, and they are in an up and coming part of town.

Capitol Hill is a nice location too - but everything is a little more dated as that Victorian place reflects.

All of your options are pretty centrally located so it really comes down to amenities.
    Your avatar is tremendous - you are tremendous

13. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

If i came over this year - i was looking at staying here for half of the trip and boulder for the other half

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7032526...en=0&infants=0

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

It's pricey, but the LoHi one is a really nice area. Walking distance to lots of great restaurants, close to downtown, hell you could even walk to Mile High if you wanted to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

$500-600 per night is just a waste of $$, unless you're trying to house a bunch of people. There are plenty of very nice options for far less money if you're only talking about 2-3 people. Hell - even doubling that number of people is worth a nice extended stay hotel suite because each family can have their own space. Add in all the extras airbnb charges and you're talking in the $700-800 range per night.

airbnb is a ripoff. IMO, of course. The only time we use it is when we're looking to have 8-10 people traveling and TJR hasn't clarified how large his party is going to be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    $500-600 per night is just a waste of $$, unless you're trying to house a bunch of people. There are plenty of very nice options for far less money if you're only talking about 2-3 people. Hell - even doubling that number of people is worth a nice extended stay hotel suite because each family can have their own space. Add in all the extras airbnb charges and you're talking in the $700-800 range per night.

airbnb is a ripoff. IMO, of course. The only time we use it is when we're looking to have 8-10 people traveling and TJR hasn't clarified how large his party is going to be.
    It just depends on where you go and the market. I went on a trip with my family in 2015 to Omaha, Nebraska to visit relatives and we stayed in a nice 3 bedroom house with a yard, laundry, etc. that let us keep our dogs there for $80/night. It's just that the market in Denver right now is so jacked and half the Airbnb's out here are people basically gouging people.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

A nice hotel (and I mean actually nice, not "meets Joe's standards nice") is going to run ~$300/night. I could justify paying an extra $200/night if you were considering moving to the city and wanted to get a feel for it, or if you were going to be in a bigger group, or any number of reasons really.

As I get older I'm starting to understand the value of not taking a strictly utilitarian approach to travel.

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

A nice hotel (and I mean actually nice, not "meets Joe's standards nice") is going to run ~$300/night. I could justify paying an extra $200/night if you were considering moving to the city and wanted to get a feel for it, or if you were going to be in a bigger group, or any number of reasons really.

As I get older I'm starting to understand the value of not taking a strictly utilitarian approach to travel.
    Daughter works for Marriott, so there's that...

I'm not advocating a cheap hotel - but between $500-800/night is just wasteful when there's a multitude of other options that are far less expensive.

I am glad to see you're embracing capitalism though. I mean, you could spend 1/2 what bnb offers, for an equally nice place, and donate the rest to charity. Right?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information