Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: man was forcibly removed from overbooked United Airlines flight because he wouldn't give up his seat

Default man was forcibly removed from overbooked United Airlines flight because he wouldn't give up his seat

LOUISVILLE — A video posted on Facebook late Sunday evening shows a passenger on a United Airlines flight being forcibly removed from the plane before takeoff at O’Hare International Airport.

The video, posted by Audra D. Bridges at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, is taken from an aisle seat on a commercial airplane that appears to be preparing to take flight. The 31-second clip shows three men wearing radio equipment and security jackets speaking with a man seated on the plane. After a few seconds, one of the men grabs the passenger, who screams, and drags him by his arms toward the front of the plane. The video ends before anything else is shown.

A United spokesperson confirmed in an email Sunday night that a passenger had been taken off a flight in Chicago.

More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ght/100276054/

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I would have taken the $800 and a hotel.

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I would have taken the $800 and a hotel.
    depends on the situation and what you are travelling for and who you are with. On our way to New Orleans they offered 3 people $350 flight credits and a meal to wait until the next flight which was 2 hours later, there were 4 of us and we offered to wait and they told us they only needed 3.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    depends on the situation and what you are travelling for and who you are with. On our way to New Orleans they offered 3 people $350 flight credits and a meal to wait until the next flight which was 2 hours later, there were 4 of us and we offered to wait and they told us they only needed 3.
    I volunteered once, got delayed by five hours in Salt Lake City, flew first class the rest of the way home, got a free flight at another date, and met a girl in an airport bar that I wound up going on a few dates with.

Either way, forcibly removing this man is absolutely ridiculous. He paid for his seat. If United has that hard of a time scheduling their flight crews maybe they need less passengers overall...

6. The Following 10 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I wonder how they decided which passenger they would yank off the plane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I wonder how they decided which passenger they would yank off the plane?
    A computer supposedly picked the four people.

9. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I can't help but think there is more to this story. If not, I'm sure he'll have no problem finding an attorney who can claim some sort of discrimination.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Reports say the man was a doctor, and he needed to be at the hospital first thing the next morning......probably why he didn't volunteer for the layover and $$$.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    A computer supposedly picked the four people.
    I think the original offer was $400.00. When nobody accepted they bumped it to $800.00. When nobody accepted that they said they would randomly select 4 people.

15. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I think the original offer was $400.00. When nobody accepted they bumped it to $800.00. When nobody accepted that they said they would randomly select 4 people.
    That's what I read

There will be lawsuits against the airline, the police, the security and not just by the man tossed off the plane, by his patients as well.

18. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    That's what I read
    Travel experts will say do not accept the airlines compensation offer if the flight is overbooked. Instead, wait for them to force you off then your compensation is much higher. Up to $1,300 plus a full refund of your original ticket.

Airlines have mastered the game of overbooking. They have the customers compete against each other for their voucher offers and will take the lowest bidders if it comes to that. If nobody allowed themselves to be bumped in the first place the airlines would be forced to pay a much higher fee for customers to get bumped.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    There will be lawsuits against the airline, the police, the security and not just by the man tossed off the plane, by his patients as well.
    He was going to be late for that nut check.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Reports say the man was a doctor, and he needed to be at the hospital first thing the next morning......probably why he didn't volunteer for the layover and $$$.
    Exactly, I'm no doctor 😆

23. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Recently, my girlfriend (a doctor) and I went on a trip with her family to Palm Springs. I was fortunate enough to fly standby for a cheap price, but she opted to buy her ticket so she would be be guaranteed (or more likely guaranteed) to get back in time for work. Even though she avoids conflict at all cost, I know she'd put up a similar fight if this happened to her.

In all honesty, a doctor's job is a lot more important than mine. I hate missing work, but it's not nearly as important as the work she does. I think it would make sense to prioritize certain people's situations like this man, especially if other lives depend on that person.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information